• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Meneses

It's called understanding.

90% of your posts in these threads are passive-aggressive replies to the slightest negative comment about the game or Bamco.

I'm sorry if it doesn't come off as "understanding" to me.

Anyway, let's stop polluting this thread with this silly exchange.

It's called understanding.

Everybody understands how the game works. You're not special. Some of us just have criticisms. It's not a zero-sum game where you either agree and accept everything the game/Bamco does and play it, or you think there's some bullshit in there and therefore you quit playing it altogether. Not being able to see enemy supers was always bullshit, but we had a workaround. Now we don't, and Bamco hasn't shored up this actual weakness in the game's design. It's that simple.

Bruh, you brag about only needing 1 Senzu, then use a baba, DMGreducer, anything. You guys are acting silly.

Thing is, I'm not bragging, what I'm saying is it was a decent team with 2 god leads and that before I could even act it was a 120k hit on my face. Sure I could've used a baba. Although these are rare items.
The point was to say: What about regular players ?
With the close app thing, I could manage to not die.

Without it, it's blind and eat it. So what you would advise me is to get a baba, a damage reducer and a scooter to use in a turn.

Rage quit as an acceptable tactic. I dunno man. People brag when they one shot Dokkan bosses then bawl when Dokkan bosses one shot them.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Rage quit as an acceptable tactic. I dunno man. People brag when they one shot Dokkan bosses then bawl when Dokkan bosses one shot them.

Fe5DApW.jpg

Getting one shot because your team isnt good enough is a thing. Getting one shot with no way to prevent it because of rng is another.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Thing is, I'm not bragging, what I'm saying is it was a decent team with 2 god leads and that before I could even act it was a 120k hit on my face. Sure I could've used a baba. Although these are rare items.

Without it, it's blind and eat it. So what you would advise me is to get a baba, a damage reducer and a scooter to use in a turn.

Gotenks though, of course he's gonna eat a lot of damage from golden freeza, you have no type advantage, and have a extreme > super disadvantage, your team might've been decent enough for dealing damage, but clearly not for taking damage.
Your team wasn't ready.
Same goes for "regular players", just because an event exists, doesn't mean you're team is ready to beat it; come back later.

Syntsui

So I'm having a weird issue, how exactly does the Facebook data transfer work? My account was bound to it, but now when I want to transfer it's data to another device (I want to play on an emulator so I can prevent draining my phone battery so much) I get the following error (LINKING ERROR - A problem occurred when logging into Facebook. Data Transfer could not be completed).

What is happening?

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm assuming there was a problem logging in to Facebook, and so it couldn't transfer the account.

But I'm not sure.

Tamanon

Banned
Make sure you don't have the app still open in some capacity on your other device. Can't have the same account linked to on both devices at the same time.

Gotenks though, of course he's gonna eat a lot of damage from golden freeza, you have no type advantage, and have a extreme > super disadvantage, your team might've been decent enough for dealing damage, but clearly not for taking damage.
Your team wasn't ready.
Same goes for "regular players", just because an event exists, doesn't mean you're team is ready to beat it; come back later.

It was ready because I wiped him out. What I mean by that though is that if it was for any regular player, it would've been an instant shot, just for the sake of RNG.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Everybody understands how the game works. You're not special. Some of us just have criticisms. It's not a zero-sum game where you either agree and accept everything the game/Bamco does and play it, or you think there's some bullshit in there and therefore you quit playing it altogether. Not being able to see enemy supers was always bullshit, but we had a workaround. Now we don't, and Bamco hasn't shored up this actual weakness in the game's design. It's that simple.
I don't think everybody understands the full extent of how flimsy the game truly is:

Spaces that spawn on the map -> RNG
Movement numbers -> RNG
Ki Space amount/assignment -> RNG
Initial team positions -> RNG
Where and how many of the 4 slots the enemy attacks -> RNG
Starting Ki orbs -> RNG
Ki that comes after getting ki -> RNG
Special enemy passive activates -> RNG
Enemy Supers -> RNG
You getting a critical, additional attack, dodge, stun, super parry -> RNG

Our workaround for most of these is teambuilding and how we manage risk; enemy supers before our first attack fall under that category. One thing I will be upfront about is that if you browse Reddit, you know people LOVE those numbers and creating these "optimal" teams for damage and speedrun potential so many more prolific teambuilders omit tanks/sealers. Anywho, I'll move onto GhostTrick's predicament:

Let's assume the scenario where all 4 attacks are before your 1st attack. Obviously a normal unit can't take 120k + ~90k damage. Luckily before we started the stage we identified that as an instant lose situation and why we brought an usher if our sealer is in this rotation or our tank is in the next rotation or a % damage reducer if we don't; if we fully heal in the latter, we can survive but know that we will need to heal next turn also. Now let's say instead that the enemy spread out all 4 attacks and of course we don't know where the super is, but we assume there is definitely a super because we operate on lose conditions. If we have a tank, we put it in position 1 to take 2 attacks, and even if they are not supers, we will survive if we were at full health. If we have no tanks on the turn, we use the item solutions from before and live to see the next turn.

GhostTrick, my advice for a TEQ team? Use the reset exploit with the knowledge that if you want to continue using that team, regardless if you get awesomer teams by the time it's patched, that regular item usage may as well be a requirement. Know that the hierarchy of items for your team is Whis>Icarus=ishYenma>Baba/Pilaf and in the future the scouter item is shit for most, if not all, teams. Know that Whis can be farmed in the rare RoF event and Icarus somewhere in the Villains/Heroes if they ever give it to us weekly and decide you'd want to spend stamina on farming and always check the Baba shop. If you have TEQ Whis and Pikkon, consider putting them in the main rotation because their damage reduction is godly, which brings me to THE WEAKEST PART OF THE GAME.

To have an easy, simple, consistent time, YOU NEED TO PULL GOOD UNITS. As above, this game is almost pure RNG and I will stand by my statement that the whole game is about mitigating RNG's potential. The only truly great thing about this game (aside from ip) is that SSR rates are amazing compared to other gacha games.

TL;DR:Yeah, it sucks that our exploit days are limited, but we still have many options. If it means not running the same 7 man hyper-offense (we're actually just going to get more powerful) or using items, it's just the game how it was always meant to be, no matter how shit.

Most importantly, this game is pretty shit.

I'm tired, got distracted and jumped around a lot, but I'll be willing to converse more on the topic if you really want.

Most importantly, this game is pretty shit.

I'm tired, got distracted and jumped around a lot, but I'll be willing to converse more on the topic if you really want.

I mean you aren't wrong there, but all people are actually arguing is they've made it more shit. Sure so much of the game is RNG and in turn it's exactly why people are pissed. It's literally pure RNG now. Team building isn't an excuse to remove all strategy from the actual fights, especially when what little workaround we have in items are extremely limited.

More importantly though, NB did this to themselves with their awful attempts at balancing. We ended up with these excessively long fights with huge DPS because resets made survival too easy. Now we don't have resets but we still have the excessive DPS and length there. The balance is just fucked right now since we've got all the bandages left on even though the wound is healed.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
It was ready because I wiped him out. What I mean by that though is that if it was for any regular player, it would've been an instant shot, just for the sake of RNG.

Well, yeah if the possibility exists to be oneshot then their team isn't ready, again it doesn't matter if they have the damage to beat it, being able to survive one round without dying is pretty important, if your current team can't do this, and you don't have the items to help you out, it's time to come back at another time.

Per example, I can't beat buuhan in the second phase, because my mono agl isn't up to it, this means I drag it out till teq buu and promptly get destroyed.
However, my int team deala with the teq phase just fine, so all I need to do is to survive the str phase.
If my int units couldn't survive until the teq phase, I just need to come back when they can, instead of blaming the game for "bs"

LNBL

The state of the reddit is just ridiculous atm. I mean, sending mods death threats and shit like that is despicable. But the mods act as if they are holier than thou, while i'm certain some of them have benefitted from selling accounts etc.

To be honest, I barely even noticed there was shit going on in the sub reddit and i look at it daily. I only found out once the mods started posting about it and stepping down.

The sub is fine now. New policy, no more shitposting and toxic behavior allowed. You can actually look at it now and not see 20 threads about intra-subreddit drama, thankfully

Shanlei91

To be honest, I barely even noticed there was shit going on in the sub reddit and i look at it daily. I only found out once the mods started posting about it and stepping down.

Same. I read more posts about "Due to the state of this subreddit I am..." before reading anything that was actually bad. Otherwise it was a sea of memes for the new sexy Buu.

LNBL

The sub is fine now. New policy, no more shitposting and toxic behavior allowed. You can actually look at it now and not see 20 threads about intra-subreddit drama, thankfully

Same. I read more posts about "Due to the state of this subreddit I am..." before reading anything that was actually bad. Otherwise it was a sea of memes for the new sexy Buu.

That's what i meant. Like I did not even notice that there was trouble until those posts were made. But it sounds like that stuff all happened in the analysis posts.

Yeah apparently a bunch of people got salty in analysis threads because of reasons (?), said the mods were bad because of some other (or the same) reasons, then 1 or 2 mods/analysts quit. But this latest round of drama that was a real powderkeg was the Great WT Results Kerfuffle of 2017, where TLM and renzy got 1st and 2nd while blatantly modding and Bamco did sweet fuck-all about it. The sub was literally on fire for about a day, and now it's fine again because the mods that were left decided enough is enough. At least, this is my understanding from a casual lurker's perspective.

Shanlei91

The Second Change: And some users might be mad about this, but we'll revert the Fan Art rule back. No more memes, Fan Art and shitposts outside of the Off-Topic Megathread. We want the subreddit to be objectively more informative and helpful. We also want to encourage new users to contribute by discussing new team metas, and not showing us a screenshot of a zoomed in picture of Frieza's face.

This is like when two kids in class get into a fight and then the teacher says no games or Pokemon cards in school.

Meneses

The subreddit is (was?) good for info / analysis but that's like 20% of the content and it gets lost in a sea of memes, pull posts and embarassing player shaming.

The subreddit is (was?) good for info / analysis but that's like 20% of the content and it gets lost in a sea of memes, pull posts and embarassing player shaming.

Yeah pretty much. Some of the memes make me chuckle but for every one of those there's 9 useless shitposts. I don't really care. I think they'll relax and maybe eventually lift the restriction anyway, but it's good they're focusing on getting the sub back on track. I don't think it's necessarily because of the drama, but that was a good jumping off point for the mods to reevaluate the overall state of the subreddit and it was probably the right call imo.

For now at least the memes are gone and so are the pull posts and shaming. Honestly I hope they just keep it that way since it just getting silly. It was basically a wall of memes with a daily thread.

Cruxist

Yeah apparently a bunch of people got salty in analysis threads because of reasons (?), said the mods were bad because of some other (or the same) reasons, then 1 or 2 mods/analysts quit. But this latest round of drama that was a real powderkeg was the Great WT Results Kerfuffle of 2017, where TLM and renzy got 1st and 2nd while blatantly modding and Bamco did sweet fuck-all about it. The sub was literally on fire for about a day, and now it's fine again because the mods that were left decided enough is enough. At least, this is my understanding from a casual lurker's perspective.

The analysis threads have always been a fight because there's basically 2 types of players: Whales and everyone else. The analysis threads are always an assumption of optimal team use, unfortunately optimal card acquisition usually comes from spending cash.

So, for instance, lots of people have Super Vegito and have built strong AGL teams, right? When the SSJ4's came out, people naturally gravitated towards SSJ4 Vegeta because they already have a base to use with him. Those that were able to afford pulling on both then discovered that, due to links/etc, SSJ4 Goku is technically stronger. So now everybody's upset because they pulled on a card that fit their team, but the mods (many of whom are whales) come in and say, "No, this is better."

There's also no nuance in the threads. Damage is king. Which makes sense. But personally, I'm not always paying super close attention when I'm playing, so instead of valuing straight up damage, I like having blockers and stunners. I'm sitting there watching tv anyways, so its not like speeding through evens matters to me. Things like that are completely left out of the discussion, whether that's valid or not.

So I'm having a weird issue, how exactly does the Facebook data transfer work? My account was bound to it, but now when I want to transfer it's data to another device (I want to play on an emulator so I can prevent draining my phone battery so much) I get the following error (LINKING ERROR - A problem occurred when logging into Facebook. Data Transfer could not be completed).

What is happening?

The battery drain is horrible. Like over 1% per freaking minute for me...rip battery life.

Ya....that's what I did...

KnGv6wI.gif

You have a gif for every moment, don't you? But yeah that annoys me, stop teasing me Bandai!

I think everyone tried that when they just started out.
*Cries*

Yup. I was heartbroken when I found out it didn't work and I had to keep my shitty R.

Which is why this thread is the best. Minus some scuffles and hating on Aii for his pulls. We all get along and help each other.

We get along for the most part, this thread gets really active when a new amazing banner comes out. Everyone posting their own or two amazing cards from pulls(Except for Aiii, he posts one pull that has 5 SRRs and they're all the amazing cards)

The analysis threads have always been a fight because there's basically 2 types of players: Whales and everyone else. The analysis threads are always an assumption of optimal team use, unfortunately optimal card acquisition usually comes from spending cash.

So, for instance, lots of people have Super Vegito and have built strong AGL teams, right? When the SSJ4's came out, people naturally gravitated towards SSJ4 Vegeta because they already have a base to use with him. Those that were able to afford pulling on both then discovered that, due to links/etc, SSJ4 Goku is technically stronger. So now everybody's upset because they pulled on a card that fit their team, but the mods (many of whom are whales) come in and say, "No, this is better."

There's also no nuance in the threads. Damage is king. Which makes sense. But personally, I'm not always paying super close attention when I'm playing, so instead of valuing straight up damage, I like having blockers and stunners. I'm sitting there watching tv anyways, so its not like speeding through evens matters to me. Things like that are completely left out of the discussion, whether that's valid or not.

Yeah but people freaking out at the mods and analysts is really misguided. Blame Bamco. If you're a normal, thinking human being, you can draw the conclusion that SS4 Vegeta is also totally fine, even if he doesn't do as much damage as Goku. That's implicit. Maybe they should have made that explicit to prevent people from freaking out, but freaking out at someone because they said "this team objectively does more damage than that team in these exact circumstances" is very silly. I'm basically on the same page as you. I'm never gonna have an ideal team of SA10 characters all maxed out in the dupe system. The analysis posts hold little value to me. I don't really care that SSB Goku slightly outdamages SSBKK past a certain threshold, because I've already invested heavily in SSBKK, so I'm sticking with him. And most people will be in a similar situation with things like this. Unless you have unlimited resources, you work with what you've got. It's like console fanboyism. Except instead of xXcoolgamer420xX lashing out at Sony because they're invested in the Xbox, you've got people lashing out at analysts for saying that SS4 Goku is objectively better than Vegeta under optimal conditions because they don't like being told their Vegeta is inferior. It's cool, man, your Vegeta is still good. Chill.

Shouta

I like SS4 Vegeta more than I do SS4 Goku. Vegeta's passive makes him more ideal to take damage because even if a super doesn't come, he has higher defense to reduce the regular attack damage. Reducing damage is a part of the game after all.

Now that folks can't reset to avoid the super attacks, that consideration will probably be a bigger deal now. Maybe?

Arrrammis

I'm definitely saving for SSj4 Goku, just because of my luck with pulls. I pulled almost every notable STR unit (missing SSj Gotenks), but haven't managed to pull any of the top tier super AGL units.

Ashodin

So yeah that dookin battle subreddit

wow

also I had no idea mods for the game existed, I thought that shit was bannable.

Oh well

50 pull? All I got was PHY Ultimate Gohan. I ain't complainin'. I'm working toward my next 50 pull atm!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Only time they will have ever banned you is if you mod during wt. But apparently you can even get passed that if you spend enough and aren't too blatant about it.

Shanlei91

You have a gif for every moment, don't you? But yeah that annoys me, stop teasing me Bandai!

My life is one big gif.

I like SS4 Vegeta more than I do SS4 Goku. Vegeta's passive makes him more ideal to take damage because even if a super doesn't come, he has higher defense to reduce the regular attack damage. Reducing damage is a part of the game after all.

Now that folks can't reset to avoid the super attacks, that consideration will probably be a bigger deal now. Maybe?

Vegeta is definitely the better card and I hope those two make it to Global before they patch closing the app. An AGL team with Frieza, Super Vegito and SS4 Vegeta should balance out not being able to reset a turn.

Only time they will have ever banned you is if you mod during wt. But apparently you can even get passed that if you spend enough and aren't too blatant about it.

Wouldn't be surprised if before banning they run a check on how much you've spent on the game. A player could just request a refund so Bandai probably decides if banning someone is worth losing X amount of dollars.

Too blatant? bruh they were running saibamen leads and posted about modding on their twitters lol. They couldn't get more blatant if they wanted to.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Too blatant? bruh they were running saibamen leads and posted about modding on their twitters lol. They couldn't get more blatant if they wanted to.

From what I've heard there's a specific check they use and if you don't trigger it you won't get banned. Blatant would be using the instant win mod, not blatant would be using HP/ATK mods.

From what I've heard there's a specific check they use and if you don't trigger it you won't get banned. Blatant would be using the instant win mod, not blatant would be using HP/ATK mods.

Yeah but I mean... it's the top 3. If a single human had looked at it they'd have known something was up. There's 2 options here and I'm not sure which is worse. Either no one has looked at it at all, or they have and they don't care.

Syntsui

They will have to answer that guy support ticket at some point, I'm really curious to what the response will be assuming he sent screenshots, the reddit thread and the twitter message as proof.

So out of curiosity does anyone else have trouble running this game above 1080p? I got an s7 couple weeks back and had awful vertical tearing for ages. Decided to cap my games at 75% resolution and it seems to have stopped.

They will have to answer that guy support ticket at some point, I'm really curious to what the response will be assuming he sent screenshots, the reddit thread and the twitter message as proof.

It was a female streamer, from what I heard, but I haven't seen her myself. Also a gross side effect of the subreddit drama was that some people saw fit to harass her and send death threats because she said "fuck you" to TLM because she was, understandably, salty. To the point where she deleted her twitter to get away from it. People suck.

My life is one big gif.

I used to speak mainly in gifs in but then I got a new phone and gifs no longer worked for messages. Which is why I'm super happy Whatsapp supports gifs and lets you search for em too now lol.

So out of curiosity does anyone else have trouble running this game above 1080p? I got an s7 couple weeks back and had awful vertical tearing for ages. Decided to cap my games at 75% resolution and it seems to have stopped.

I don't have any screen tearing, but I use an LG G5.

Top Bottom