• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Die Hard 5: “A Good Day to Die Hard”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind Enemy Lines? All absolutely terrible.

RSQcC.gif

I agree with the rest though

JdFoX187

Banned
What the shitsnacks? Behind Enemy Lines terrible? Terrible? You sir, are not people.

I agree with Cheebo. Perhaps terrible was a little overboard, but it's such an utterly and absolutely forgettable film. The only redeeming aspect was Gene Hackman. But the action was just so...uninteresting. It's a running theme with all of Moore's films.

strafer

Filming has begun in Budapest.

On April 23, the streets surrounding Szabadság tér (Freedom Square) the location of the former MTV television headquarters in district V, were closed for two days. The same now will also happen to Csengery utca, Vörösmarty utca, Dob utca, Jósika utca and neighbouring streets. BKK issued a statement saying that while cars could not enter into the area, residents can still walk on the streets and may even help to add an authentic backdrop whilst the film is being shot!

On Sunday, April 29, the City Park and Dózsa Avenue will be used for filming resulting in some delay to traffic in the area. The biggest traffic restrictions will apply during the night of May 3rd-4th when for the whole of the night (from 6pm to 8 am the following day) Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út, John Street and Andrássy u. and several other smaller streets in the area will be closed.

Only pedestrians and cyclists will be allowed in the area. Cars and public transport will be rerouted.

On May 5th and 6th, the Museum of Fine Arts will be used as a location and on May 14th more film shooting will take place in Szabadság tér.

On Tuesday, May 8th between 6am and 8 pm, in the XIV district Damjanich Dembinszky will be used for a filming location.

Traffic will be prevented from entering into this area, the night before the shooting begins

Source: http://www.xpatloop.com/news/70120

Really hope its more like 1&3 even though I liked 2&4.

I don't really see the connection between 2 and 4 though. 1, 2 and 3 were all very similar because they were all from the same, grittier era of filmmaking. 4 was a very different movie, but still good in its own way. It's unlikely that they're gonna hearken back that far though.

Max Payne? That was his least offensive film. How about Flight of the Phoenix remake? The Omen remake? Behind Enemy Lines? All absolutely terrible.

I think Flight of the Phoenix was his best movie. He also got a good and different performance out of Giovanni Ribisi who normally plays unlikable scumbags.

His Omen remake was really well shot but didn't amount to much.

Behind Enemy Lines had moments and some clever shooting but didn't add up to much.

Max Payne was just a terrible script. A detective doing no detective work in a conspiracy that the audience got in 10 seconds of watching the film.

The guy is talented photographically and editorially. He just needs good material as he cannot elevate what he has through his process. That said, I'd rather have John Moore behind the camera than Len Wiseman.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Behind Enemy Lines wasn't a great film. But man, the cinematography of that film sticks with me to this day. So good.

JdFoX187

Banned
I think Flight of the Phoenix was his best movie. He also got a good and different performance out of Giovanni Ribisi who normally plays unlikable scumbags.

His Omen remake was really well shot but didn't amount to much.

Behind Enemy Lines had moments and some clever shooting but didn't add up to much.

Max Payne was just a terrible script. A detective doing no detective work in a conspiracy that the audience got in 10 seconds of watching the film.

The guy is talented photographically and editorially. He just needs good material as he cannot elevate what he has through his process. That said, I'd rather have John Moore behind the camera than Len Wiseman.

Flight of the Phoenix had potential, but it was so forgettable outside the scene where they first meet the bandits. And I'm not even comparing it to the James Stewart classic, because that would make it even worse.

I can't really put my finger on it, but all of Moore's films just seem so boring and forgettable. All they had to do with Max Payne was put in a bunch of high-impact gun fights with lots of stuff getting blown up and a light story in between. Moore couldn't even make the gunfights interesting. I think part of that had to do with the fact he was operating within the confines of PG-13 for the theatrical cut. The director's cut on blu ray is a bit better. But he could have handled it better.

I will say at least Wiseman can shoot some good action. I really enjoyed the first two Underworld films and Live Free or Die Hard's director's cut wasn't as bad as a lot of people said. It was a shitty Die Hard film, especially compared to John McTiernan's work, but it was a quality action film.

Polari

"The story is set in Russia and will involve John McClane’s adventure to save his son John McClane, Jr., “but nothing is what it seems (whatever that means).”

Surely it means John McClane's son is a gay English-raised Jew?

tumblr_lvnee33NUG1r69f03o1_500.png

Besides the bullshit SAM being in the air and chasing the jet for like, felt forever, the whole jet sequence in the beginning of Behind Enemy Lines literally made me hold my breath. Fucking BOSS.

URGH

“I love this one. It’s called A Good Day to Die Hard, and two things make it new: 1. John McClane, the ultimate American hero, goes to Russia. So talk about a fish out of water, he’s completely out of water. And 2. It’s really a father-son story, which is that John McClane’s been a great cop his whole life but he’s been a pretty lousy father. He has a grown son who he’s not really been in much touch with, and McClane thinks the son’s a fuck up—that’s a technical term.”

“So he goes to Russia, he thinks, to bail his son out of jail, and it turns out the son’s not a fuck up, he’s the antithesis of that. In fact, the apple has not fallen far from the tree, the apple has not fallen from the tree, which is that the son is a badder ass John McClane than John McClane.”

I actually don't think it sounds too bad, I'm more apprehensive to the idea that it seems like they're setting somebody else up to take over the franchise. Nobody should be more badass than John McClane in his own movie, though.

I actually don't think it sounds too bad, I'm more apprehensive to the idea that it seems like they're setting somebody else up to take over the franchise.

all I can see is some wannabe badass trying to one-up Bruce Willis the entire time. That's not to say it will be a terrible action movie, but I'd rather just have Bruce doing his thing than have some "me too" ass-kicking sidekick.

Tom Hardy would be great, although that would mean McLane conceived him at around 22 years old and I don't know if that messes with continuity.

And why the Sam Jack pic? OMG is he in the new movie? OP, why do you torment me so?

all I can see is some wannabe badass trying to one-up Bruce Willis the entire time. That's not to say it will be a terrible action movie, but I'd rather just have Bruce doing his thing than have some "me too" ass-kicking sidekick.

"wannabe" badass??????????

tumblr_m3d52ecym11rpj80to2_500.jpg

Varro laughs at you, brandon.

strafer

heYRa.jpg

Amaury Nolasco and Megalyn Echikunwoke Join A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD

Variety reports that Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break) and Megalyn Echikunwoke (House of Lies) have joined the supporting cast of A Good Day to Die Hard. John Moore is onboard to direct, and the story finds Bruce Willis’ John McClane teaming up with his estranged son (Jai Courteney) in Russia. Nolasco will be playing Willis’ friend in the pic, but details of Echikunwoke’s role are currently under wraps. Filming on A Good Day to Die Hard is currently under way, and the film is slated to open on February 13th, 2013.

Mr_eX

I actually don't think it sounds too bad, I'm more apprehensive to the idea that it seems like they're setting somebody else up to take over the franchise. Nobody should be more badass than John McClane in his own movie, though.

John McClane was never really a badass though. He always just barely got by and got the crap kicked out of him along the way. That's what makes him such a fun character to watch.

For comparison

John Matrix at the end of Commando
17KDh.jpg

John McClane at the end of Die Hard
VNBDdl.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
John McClane was never really a badass though. He always just barely got by and got the crap kicked out of him along the way. That's what makes him such a fun character to watch.

For comparison

John Matrix at the end of Commando
17KDh.jpg

John McClane at the end of Die Hard
VNBDdl.jpg
*writes post indicting John McLane as a non-badass

*posts picture of John McLane being a total badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom