• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

IrishNinja

so im reading that the platinum should be a little harder than yakuza 4 maybe, but not as bad as 3? sounds doable

Why hasn't this unlocked yet? It's Tuesday in some parts of the world.

Cool, on the giveaway CJ, I already have the game, so whatevs, but to answer the question, as I think it would be fun:

Kazzy is my favorite, because he is just so damned badass. Nothing beat Chapter 4 of Yakuza 4 when
he comes in and just jobs Akiyama and Tanimura like it wasn't even a thing.
It was basically like: Daddy's home!

BALLS was hoping it'd be ready when i got back tonight...midnight, hopefully?
and good answer - i usually go with kazzy-chan (majima's up there too) but i think i'll go with Akiyama, just such a great character & such a blast to play as

virtua fighter 2 command list:

http://virtuafighter.com/commands/?ver=2

& yes, this CAN be played with a fightstick
& yes, it's online

....well, shit

Everybody needs to buy this so we can get Isshin in the states.

I NEED IT.

i respect this stance & agree! but im totally gonna import Isshin like i did 1/2 HD since that's prolly not gonna happen...so happy about Zero though!!

Well we're going to get Yakuza 0 first. If this and 0 both do well, we might get Ishin, assuming SEGA hasn't put out another mainline Yakuza yet.

i mean - when are you expecting Zero? im hoping q3/4 2016, but i wanna say 6 might drop by then. i just kinda see Isshin slipping through the cracks at this point, a la Kenzan!

Trace

Banned
so im reading that the platinum should be a little harder than yakuza 4 maybe, but not as bad as 3? sounds doable

BALLS was hoping it'd be ready when i got back tonight...midnight, hopefully?
and good answer - i usually go with kazzy-chan (majima's up there too) but i think i'll go with Akiyama, just such a great character & such a blast to play as

....well, shit

i respect this stance & agree! but im totally gonna import Isshin like i did 1/2 HD since that's prolly not gonna happen...so happy about Zero though!!

i mean - when are you expecting Zero? im hoping q3/4 2016, but i wanna say 6 might drop by then. i just kinda see Isshin slipping through the cracks at this point, a la Kenzan!

I was expecting Zero this time next year. If we haven't had 6 launch by then, because they're working on Kiwami atm, we might see an Ishin localization but I doubt it. I'd take a Kiwami localization over Ishin personally.

Kyolux

Yeah.. I platinum'd 4, but never really considered giving 3 a shot. My friend did and it sounded like a big pain, with all the minigames needed completion.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like getting 6 would be asking a lot already. lol

Yeah.. I platinum'd 4, but never really considered giving 3 a shot. My friend did and it sounded like a big pain, with all the minigames needed completion.
Technically 3 is easier because of the removed stuff in the English version anyway.

Jimrpg

Unreal OT!

I remember 4 years ago when this was announced and they said it was going to have 5 cities!!! Finally get to play it tomorrow!

Someone should list the mini games and put it in the OT... Might get people interested in the game.

Stuart444

CVrGrw8WoAAC_BT.jpg:orig

If you have any real life friends who may be interested in this, here are some games you can play together with them :)

I feel like getting 6 would be asking a lot already. lol

Since 0 has already been announced, I think chances of 6 and Kiwami coming over are good, unless 5 and 0 lose more money than Sony/Sega are anticipating.

Technically 3 is easier because of the removed stuff in the English version anyway.

It's true that the English version removed some content, but the minigame requirements for platinum are harsher in 3 than they are in 4.

soothe.

Time to upgrade son

i really really don't want to go through the hassle of buying a new hard drive to a system i haven't turned on in maybe two or three years just to play a single game :(

any change that i could possibly use an external hard drive to download & play Yakuza 5?

Kyolux

im never going to advance the plot of this game

tumblr_nna04fPhWP1slig2vo1_400.gif

YOSH

That's how it's meant to be. :)

i really really don't want to go through the hassle of buying a new hard drive to a system i haven't turned on in maybe two or three years just to play a single game :(

any change that i could possibly use an external hard drive to download & play Yakuza 5?

Ask people around you if they have any laptop hdd lying around they don't use anymore? I'm sure you can come by one. Otherwise, they're not that expensive.

YOU HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME. YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE. THE DREAMS WILL BE FULFILLED!

Tapejara

Fuck, I wanted to replay Yakuza 3 and 4 before this came out. Why does this have to come out the same day as two EDF games?

5taquitos

As suggested above, ask everyone you know if they have an old laptop lying around that you can rip the hard drive out of. It'll be worth it!

IrishNinja

I was expecting Zero this time next year. If we haven't had 6 launch by then, because they're working on Kiwami atm, we might see an Ishin localization but I doubt it. I'd take a Kiwami localization over Ishin personally.

yeah, agreed

exactly this - god, ive seen guides on how to put tape on your tv to line up some crucial shots, that's too much for me haha

grimmiq

Anyone know when the discount is supposed to be applied to the EU version? Don't want to buy it then 1hr later drops 15%.

MYeager

Have yet to play a Yakuza game but that trailer for Zero has me hyped and i want more Yakuza to come here so im absolutely buying this and trying it out.

Should i watch any kind of a recap or is each game kind of a stand alone title that has ties to other games but can be enjoyed without knowing everything?

Watch recaps, or if possible just get the earlier games and play them first. Zero uses a slighly different battle system. 5 is plot heavy and doesn't spent much time recapping any of the previous games. It's really not the best way to enter the series.

Razlo

Watch recaps, or if possible just get the earlier games and play them first. Zero uses a slighly different battle system. 5 is plot heavy and doesn't spent much time recapping any of the previous games. It's really not the best way to enter the series.

Does 5 not have a way to watch the story from the previous games like 4 did?

Never played a yakuza game but I'm interested in 5. I loved SWERY's Deadly Premonition and that's probably the closest of a game parallel that I've gotten to a Yakuza game so do you guys think I'll like this?

Astarte

Never played a yakuza game but I'm interested in 5. I loved SWERY's Deadly Premonition and that's probably the closest of a game parallel that I've gotten to a Yakuza game so do you guys think I'll like this?

Deadly Premonition's only similar point with Yakuza is the interesting characters. If you liked York's wacky adventures in Greenvale, you're going to like Yakuza for its characters.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
i would recommend playing 4 first. its cheaper, so its a smaller gamble in case you dont like it. also 5 follows characters who were introduced in 4, so if you end up liking 4 and playing 5 after, you'll have a more rewarding experience than if you started with 5.

and plus 4 is really great!

grimmiq

So no exploration or quests or dungeons? k good to know

Only played 3 & 4.

Yakuza basically throws you into a small-medium sized open world, dozens of restaurants/activities/shops to go to. You'll run into NPCs who will want certain things (Like in 4(I think) you had a nerdy guy who was in love with a hostess and you had to help him dress up to impress her, he then gets "cool" looking and just as she notices him he decides he wants a hotter girl..You later have a quest to get him to notice her and he's gone back to his dorky clothes and says he got lots of women, but it wasn't the real him.)

Through missions you'll usually enter a building/area and have to get to the boss, fight through waves of enemies (usually the path to the next room is blocked by a big dude swinging a couch..yes..a couch.)

It's a great mix of action, drama and over the top goofy bullshit.

I'm trying to focus on studying but I keep looking at the clock anticipating Yakuza 5

FUCK GUYS IT'S REAL IT'S HERE. It's sitting on my PS3's hard drive just waiting.

So no exploration or quests or dungeons? k good to know

There are quests. Lots and lots of sidequests and side content. Not much exploration, though there is a little wandering around and discovering you can do in each city location. And there are sort of dungeons - I don't know what 5 has, but typically each Yakuza game has some segments where you go through a building beating up a lot of dudes.

Top Bottom