• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VR Deal Hunters |Thread| Post Em If You Got Em

The Dude

I personally would love a single thread where all VR deals and sales can be found, since many like myself are now using more than 2 type of VR it'd be nice to see those sales as they come in a single thread. Hopefully others find it a helpful thread as well.

Here's one I wanted to try:

Don't forget to use Summer2017 Coupon for extra 15% at GMG

header.jpg

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/alice-vr/ $10.00

header.jpg

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/dirt-rally/ $17.99

header.jpg

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/batman-arkham-vr/ $16.57

So please post those sales and deals you find across all forms of VR!

The Dude

Wallets were made to be emptied!

Fyi, Summer2017 isn't working for me but it seems I am automatically getting 15% off for being VIP or whatever. (maybe thats why)

Ha yea, my wallet gave up years ago

Weird, what about Batman, It was at 16 a day ago but not showing up for me since I bought it. Is it lower for you?

cakefoo

With the summer sale over, virtually everything on Steam is regular price except Redout and HordeZ. But it's nice to know about deals on other stores I don't frequent.

I like the idea for the thread. Subbed :)

The Dude

I think I will wait on Batman till it hits 9.99 or less since I heard it's a one and done experience.

Yea that'd be solid, I just had to finally cave since I've heard nothing but people rave and reading how the riddler stuff adds an extra hour or so, I felt this price was a bit closer to the mark.

I would love to hear if anyone played Alice VR yet, I'm gonna grab it at that price tag.

Just hope folks will add deals to this thread, it would be nice having a single thread for everything strictly deal related, it's easy to miss some especially for places alot of us don't always frequent and now having oculus and psrv I'm always on the hunt.

90% of VR things are one and done TBH. The only ones I've played with any replayablity are things like rec room or superhot.

most of the "one and done" and an hour stuff aren't 20-16 bucks. they are usually less (the good ones).

tho I agree most stuff are one and one, they usually last longer than an hour. I can wait.

Cool thanks for making this. I was looking into the Oculus action bundle with Wilson's heart, Super hot VR and the fantastic contraption game are $49.99. I really want Superhot VR, interested in Wilson's heart but doubt I'll play fantastic contraptions. Is it worth $49.99? Or can I get Superhot and Wilson's heart separately for less?

Dremorak

Banned
most of the "one and done" and an hour stuff aren't 20-16 bucks. they are usually less (the good ones).

tho I agree most stuff are one and one, they usually last longer than an hour. I can wait.

I think Batman is one of the coolest VR things there is, esp if you played and enjoyed the arkham games

Cool thanks for making this. I was looking into the Oculus action bundle with Wilson's heart, Super hot VR and the fantastic contraption game are $49.99. I really want Superhot VR, interested in Wilson's heart but doubt I'll play fantastic contraptions. Is it worth $49.99? Or can I get Superhot and Wilson's heart separately for less?

it's cheaper to buy the bundle than buy those 2 games seperately.

also, fantastic contraptions isn't that bad at all.

The Dude

From what I gather, that's a pretty decent sale bundle and worth it. I plan on picking it up before that sale ends as well.

Listonosh

Fantastic thread idea. Since a lot of people hopped on VR with the Oculus sale, I think a thread like this will prove to be very beneficial.

Now that I found out Sports Bar VR is going to get cross platform. I'm sad I didn't get that bundle stars deal. My main concern right now, is that my only friend who had a VR headset (Vive) ended up selling it because there wasn't much out there at the time to make him keep it and needed the money. So things like Lone Echo MP, which I think is cool, are exciting but I'm hoping more of my friends jump on board and we see a lot more crossplay stuff soon.

Fuck and here I am not wanting to spend any more money after just buying the rift. My wallet 😂

Thanks for starting a thread 🙌

Kyanos

Neo Member
Wallets were made to be emptied!

Fyi, Summer2017 isn't working for me but it seems I am automatically getting 15% off for being VIP or whatever. (maybe thats why)

Summer2017 only applies to the current flash sales at GMG, it won't work on anything else.

The Dude

header.jpg

Xion - 40% Off - $8.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/644420/Xion/

Vive
Rift

Xion reVives the arcade and shoot'em ups of the 90's in a refreshing and unique rogue style and destructible voxel landscape setting! * Blast your way through multiple randomized levels! * EVERYTTHING is destructible! * Design and build your own ship! * Defeat the big bad end-bosses of each level!

90% rating

-

This wasn't on my radar, but damn I love the style of graphics they used, I think for 8.99 I have to bite

The Dude

Yea I want to see one thread with any daily deals people find, tryin to experience as much as possible in vr at a great price

How is Redout in VR?
My extremely brief impressions of it were extremely underwhelmed. The game doesn't let you move the FOV beyond the very end of your ship's nose, and racing at that angle basically has your face planted near the track. This makes it harder to see tight turns from a distance and uglies up the game's style a lot due to the lower resolution.

I wouldn't think twice between it and my ultrawide monitor. Something like Thumper I'd at least stop to think about.

My extremely brief impressions of it were extremely underwhelmed. The game doesn't let you move the FOV beyond the very end of your ship's nose, and racing at that angle basically has your face planted near the track. This makes it harder to see tight turns from a distance and uglies up the game's style a lot due to the lower resolution.

I wouldn't think twice between it and my ultrawide monitor. Something like Thumper I'd at least stop to think about.

Agreed. I was really disappointed in Redout's VR support. Absolutely fantastic game though. I'd just prefer to play it on my 21:9 monitor as well.

The Dude

Yeah. its a fun puzzle/adventure game. I played it while standing up and it felt like playing with an interactive diorama. theres a demo on the demo disk. I feel like got lost in all the launch games hype and is one of the most underrated games on PSVR.

Sounds like a game I need to get for my psvr

header.jpg

Xion - 40% Off - $8.99

Vive
Rift

Xion reVives the arcade and shoot'em ups of the 90's in a refreshing and unique rogue style and destructible voxel landscape setting! * Blast your way through multiple randomized levels! * EVERYTTHING is destructible! * Design and build your own ship! * Defeat the big bad end-bosses of each level!

90% rating

-

This wasn't on my radar, but damn I love the style of graphics they used, I think for 8.99 I have to bite
oh this looks sweet. reminds of that arcade game in the lab but with minecraftish style graphics. Im buying...

low-G

header.jpg

Xion - 40% Off - $8.99

Vive
Rift

90% rating

-

It is good, although the level design reminds me of a C-tier NES SHMUP. This is exactly one sort of thing I hoped would be coming to VR (and I hope there will be more). Thanks for the heads up on the sale too.

Top Bottom