• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Unity Leaked PS4 version shots (Confirmed 900p / 30fps)

JimPanzer

It's funny to see how badly some people want this game to fail.

image.php

Subaru

jUgo2Ke.jpg

DAT Sainte Chapelle <3

The game is ugly, but some locations are beautiful.
Can't wait to explore Notre Dame and Versailles

Webhead

Banned
Ehh....I don't know. I might have to skip this one. I absolutely love the setting but these images re-enforce this feeling I have that we might get burned by Ubisoft on this one. I thought watch dogs was terribly unimpressive in terms of gameplay plus the whole assassin's creed concept is getting kind of old. I might bow out for a few years. I'll switch my pre-order from this to Dragon Age, that looks impressive.

hatchx

Banned
I learned my lesson with assassins creed a long time ago. Such an overrated franchise.

It will be half the price a month from release anywaya guys.

thuway

It's funny to see how badly some people want this game to fail.
What?

It's a 900p title that no where near justifies that resolution based on the screens posted. The details on characters is amiss, the shadow quality is awful, geometric complexity is dreadful.

This game, I hope, hits 30 FPS consistently, because a smooth frame rate might be the only thing it has going for it.

Arttemis

So is this a case of keeping previous gen's graphics and upping the population density to something unattainable in real-time gameplay?

I wouldn't be too upset if that were a trend. The scope of games last gen felt like such a step back compared to those during PS2 - all in the name of reaching 'HD'.

But this is Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed we're talking about, so I doubt expect to be impressed by anything resembling ambition or progress.

cormack12

Gold Member
I think it looks great and will probably look incredible in motion - what´s wrong with me?

Nothing. Those screens you posted look better than the ones in the OP. In the first two though the guy looks like he's made of flat paper and is 'pointy'. The rest sort of look like intro's to missions. Not really gonna be able to gauge this one I think.

I do think, having played Black Flag that the visuals seems a step down though from that (I accept they're trying to push more NPC etc.)

Ehh....I don't know. I might have to skip this one. I absolutely love the setting but these images re-enforce this feeling I have that we might get burned by Ubisoft on this one. I thought watch dogs was terribly unimpressive in terms of gameplay plus the whole assassin's creed concept is getting kind of old. I might bow out for a few years. I'll switch my pre-order from this to Dragon Age, that looks impressive.

This!

GlamFM

Banned
Disgusting. Fucking Ubisoft.

I'll be honest, that looks like pure crap.

I'll wait for the bargain bin edition.

If you told me these screenshots were from a PS3 game, I'd believe you.

So mobile version confirmed?

Maybe this is the Wii U version?

PSP version?

i hope this game bombs hard.

Ah, it´s one of these threads. Cool, I´m out.

I think it looks great and will probably look incredible in motion - what´s wrong with me?

The first two images you posted look good to me... but some of the others in this thread look like last gen, especially on the rooftops... Just like shades of grey and brown with blur.

I was glad someone posted the ACIV shots because that game was really colorful and clean looking, and a lot of these just look super blurry, greys and browns.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
All videos look good in motion, so right now we have a conundrum. I think I'll wait for more media to come out to form my opinion.

thuway

Ah, it´s one of these threads. Cool, I´m out.

How did you expect people to react based on the screens provided. You can manipulate any game to look good if you take the right shot at the right angle. The visuals just aren't living up to people's expectations based on the images provided. Hopefully it looks better in motion, and I'm curious to hear how journalists are recepting towards it.

I'm also VERY afraid of an unoptimized PC port.

hatchx

Banned
The scope of games last gen felt like such a step back compared to those during PS2 - all in the name of reaching 'HD'.

I'd love to hear you elaborate with some examples on this point. How did we go a step back, in terms of scope, from the ps2?

Beefy

The first two images you posted look good to me... but some of the others in this thread look like last gen, especially on the rooftops... Just like shades of grey and brown with blur.

I was glad someone posted the ACIV shots because that game was really colorful and clean looking, and a lot of these just look super blurry, greys and browns.

Probably Ubi just making certain locations( where you do main missions) look good, while the rest look like complete crap. The npcs still bad to me in them pics tho.

I'm still excited to finally play an AC in Paris but damn those screenshot look so bad, worse then Watch Dogs and ACIV. I hope there is at least a lot going on in the game to warrant this.
I'm a bit disappointed Ubi Montreal.

Top Bottom