• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE BOOK OF ELI / GAF PHOTO SWEEPSTAKES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
chapel said:
You got this thread on lock down! What with all that cheddar influx you have more time to watch GAF?
It's the holidays dude! Going out on New Year's Eve is for suckers*

If we get more than 20 entries I will try to find some extra piece of cool exclusive swag to throw in for the grand prize winner. :D

*and by suckers I mean young people

chapel

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
It's the holidays dude! Going out on New Year's Eve is for suckers*

If we get more than 20 entries I will try to find some extra piece of cool exclusive swag to throw in for the grand prize winner. :D

*and by suckers I mean young people
Sweet, gotta love more swag. Hmm if there is more competition I might actually have to make a good entry. Ideas, ideas.

-viper-

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Hey, we've all got to make a living somehow.
I was only messing about. Thought you would have been more busy with your work (scriptwriting). But then again I don't know the process of making a film, so yeah :p

Kevtones

I tried jumping beside a stopped bus with a Book of Eli (I think it said dELIver) but it took off as I snapped a shitty cell phone pic. I'm going to Avatar tonight though so maybe... Maybe.

Meier

Okay, I went to Avatar again last night but got there a little late since it was all of -5 with the windchill so I kept putting off going outside. I looked for a poster but didn't see one on my side of the theatre and once the movie was over, I dashed home.

Soooo, no poster yet. I did snap this with my phone though.. turned out pretty badass. :lol

2mmyj6.jpg

Raydeen

Saw the poster on side of a London Bus today...but my fingers were too numb from the freeze to take a picture. But I'll keep my eyes peeled (and gloves on) tommorow. :D

Ceres

Banned
Meier said:
No chance your shirt is a Stereophonics reference, right?

I didn't see this thread before today but my eyes will now be peeled!

No. The shirt is from an English motivational poster originally made for WW2 but never used until it was rediscovered in 2000. Stereophonics took it from that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Calm_and_Carry_On

And I saw billboards all over NYC this past weekend and one of our two big theaters where I actually live has one up.

Acrylamid

That's me in front of the German version of the poster:

7087452.03495b46.jpg

It's taken in the Cinecitta in Nuremberg, which claims to be "the most successful multiplex cinema in Germany".
There are many posters of movies to be released months in the future, but of course I was looking out for other promo material of The Book of Eli.
I found two other posters that use the same picture but in different formats:

7087451.b8424724.jpg

7087450.ce70f4b3.jpg

By the way, the tagline "Die Zukunft der Welt liegt in seinen Händen" means "the future of the world lies in his hands".

I'm sorry that I forgot to take a good closeup of your credit on the poster.
That's the best I could get from the pictures:

7087599.35b039e1.jpg

It's supposed to say "DREHBUCH" (German for "screenplay").

Schrade

Gryphter said:
So you know how some people pretend that your Avatar is saying whatever you post?

[IMG ]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh37/slade5912/GAF%20images/EliContest1.jpg[/IMG]

yeahhhhh
Holy fuck! Hahahaha! That is the best one yet.

Gary Whitta said:
Awesome!

I'll do prizes tomorrow, someone remind me if I forget as it will be a busy day :D

Fuck that man, we can wait...enjoy the party(s) and wait till later...this is once in a life-time thing (hopefully not!) we can wait. Congrats again, hoping to catch it this weekend but I've got a big certification exam next week I MUST study for. :(

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
ALRIGHT GARY.

I went all out.

not only did i find an eli poster, but i found the eli shop!

and i wasnt sure what would net me more points: me blatantly advertising the movie with my free eli shirt (which ill be wearing all day), or dressing up as eli as best i could and imitating this pose:

book-of-eli_denzel-washington-600x398.jpg

SO I DID BOTH:

elipose.jpg

(i shouldnt have shaved this morning)

normal.jpg

Okay, apologies for the tardiness with getting the results to you. They are as follows!

GRAND PRIZE (full-size theatrical movie poster and copy of soundtrack)
Gryphter

RUNNERS-UP (copy of soundtrack)
-COOLIO-
Great Poster
Nobby
BiasedGamer
DCX

Congrats to all! PM me your details and let me know how you want your soundtrack prize - personally I recommend the iTunes version as it comes with the four exclusive tracks but if you want the CD that's fine!

Minamu

:lol COOLIO may not have won, but he sure is a winner!

I suppose it's time to watch this movie! Is it coming to Sweden any time soon?

Gary Whitta said:
Okay, apologies for the tardiness with getting the results to you. They are as follows!

GRAND PRIZE (full-size theatrical movie poster and copy of soundtrack)
Gryphter

Whooooo! PMed!

I got the poster a week ago, I don't have a frame for it yet so no pictures, but just wanted to let everyone know that Gary is the man and I can't wait for this movie on blu-ray

DCX

DCX
BiasedGamer said:
My CD arrived today. I'm so happy it survived the 6000-mile journey. Thanks Gary!

BELIEVE :D
Same here! Thanks Gary, big ups to the man, myth legend :)

DCX

sorry for the bump but i always thought you just worked on the film and not actually wrote the thing! great film! great work! look forward to more of your work! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom