• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Oh wow. I get 696 occasionally, but there is no way I am going to be that selective. 690-694 are the common scores presented to me with a few 696 on the high end and 688 on the low end mixed in. Back down to tier 17 I go. Probably going to be bouncing back and forth between tiers 17 and 18.

Yeah I'm just not getting the high ranked fights to reach a high level in this tier. Not much I can do about it. I'm not going to waste crests on it because the difference in rank is not worth it.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm sitting in T17 right now but I don't think I'll be able to do much better than that. The best arena opponent I've seen is 692 and even that's pretty rare. Lots of 686-688 teams with multiple armor units + Azura these days, though.

My score is 4808 right now and I'm trying to cherry pick a run before the end of the week that will hopefully beat that by a few points.

explodet

I decided to splurge on a single roll on the Battling Lloyd banner to scratch the itch, I've been saving orbs since the PoR banner.

It was a 4* Subaki, -DEF/+RES.

And I was actually okay with that, now Xander gets his QR2!

Bring on Narcian 2: This Time it's Personal
EDIT: Just in case one of the GHB quests requires a killing of Narcian, he can be found in 9-2.

I'm conflicted and I need your help, GAF.

I want to put on my Hector Threaten Def 3 with IS but the only unit I own that have it is a 5* +SPD/-DEF Peri. I won't pull blues for now since I have plenty of good 5* blues (Azura, Nowi, Sharena and S. Lucina), so I won't pull any 4* Peri in a while. Should I sacrifice that Peri for my Hector? I have a 4* Hawkeye that could give Hector Threaten Atk 3 but with my current team (Hector, Azura, Ryoma and any Arena Bonus Unit) Threaten Def 3 is the better option IMO. Please help me to decide so I don't feel bad after taking the decision!

Akuun

I don't really like these "kill x with y" quests. It's usually something stupid with a character you don't really care to level.

Watch this new one be like "kill a level 40 Narcian with Raigh" or something.

4844 in T17 this week would probably have you in the top 1000. You'll only need to be in the top 13-14k to go to 18 from here. I doubt you have much to worry about tbh.

I'm in tier 18 now. I am saying I am likely to follow a pattern of 18 to 17 to 18 to 17....

Unless I eventually start merging units and running suboptimal team comps.

Roman

I don't really like these "kill x with y" quests. It's usually something stupid with a character you don't really care to level.

Watch this new one be like "kill a level 40 Narcian with Raigh" or something.

They have been datamined over a week ago:

MID_MISSION_S0024HERO03_TITLE: Grand Hero Battles
MID_MISSION_S0024HERO03_A1: Defeat Narcian (Task)
MID_MISSION_H_S0024HERO03_A1: With Alfonse on your team, win\nthe Grand Hero Battle against\nNarcian: Wyvern General.
MID_MISSION_S0024HERO03_A2: Defeat Narcian (Task)
MID_MISSION_H_S0024HERO03_A2: With Narcian: Wyvern General on your\nteam, win the Great Hero Battle against\nNarcian: Wyvern General on Hard
MID_MISSION_S0024HERO03_A3: Defeat Narcian (Task)
MID_MISSION_H_S0024HERO03_A3: Use Alfonse to defeat\nNarcian: Wyvern General.
MID_MISSION_S0024HERO03_A4: Defeat Narcian (Task)
MID_MISSION_H_S0024HERO03_A4: Use Narcian: Wyvern
General\nto defeat a level 35 or higher\nNarcian: Wyvern General

explodet

Ah yeah, now I remember reading those. Good thing I leveled him up a bunch.

I wonder if lunatic 9-2's Narcian would be easy to deal with than GHB's.
I found Ursula a little easier to handle in story than in the GHB.
At least in story if you mess up and get someone else killed, the battle doesn't automatically end.

The 21 stamina cost is a real doozy, though.

Mupod

gah, fuck breakable walls and dancers. Lost 2 arena runs in a row again. New one is at 5 wins and with MUCH higher points though...ran into a very easy +5 Selena team that gave me 696 somehow. Will finish it off tomorrow.

I feel like I burn most of my crests when I get pissed off at stupid bullshit. I just want to immediately get back up to where I was when I run into an unwinnable match. I've still got 70-something but I try to conserve them.

Also had my first match where Hector soloed everybody. He sat on a defense tile and all the archers/blues broke against him. More like that please...

I actually had just gotten Alphonse to 4* 40 when that was datamined. I'm definitely ready. I only got the 2* Narcian last time too, I ended up promoting him to 3* and using him as a bonus unit.

I'm in tier 18 now. I am saying I am likely to follow a pattern of 18 to 17 to 18 to 17....

Well what I mean is a LOT of people are moving up to 18 next week - at least 13,000. The next time you're in that rank you will have far less competition. Your scores will easily put you in the top 20% of that.

Alucrid

Banned
9-2 is probably easier for the kill with X considering that narcian is all alone and you just have to deal with 3 armored units and a healer.

Ninferno

What's your 4844 ranking at right now, bro? I was thinking about this 18-17-18 roller coaster ride too, and I didn't think it would be remotely possible for me to break top 1800 so I was about to skip arena this week altogether.

Then today I suddenly realized, I do need to get 4000+ point to at least get the 2500 feathers for offense, so I have no choice but play 3 matches today. Not sure if it is some insane luck or what, I got one 698-point and 2 694-point matches, which are starting to give me some false hope I guess. If I replace Nino with Effie to go back to full melee hell, maybe I will even get 700-point matches (not sure how I can reliably do deathless wins in that case though).

Any more fellow Tier 18er care to share their current point and rank? Or anyone around rank 1800 last week in Tier 17? Just want to have some rough estimate of what it takes to get to Tier 19 this time.

Akuun

I feel like I burn most of my crests when I get pissed off at stupid bullshit. I just want to immediately get back up to where I was when I run into an unwinnable match. I've still got 70-something but I try to conserve them.
I know that feeling and I do the same thing when I get salty at a bad loss. Most of the time it's just me getting mad at myself for making a bad move, though.

I haven't run into any really bullshit teams lately. Maybe I don't have the rank to get matched with them.

I'm down to like 9 crests. Gonna save them for the rest of the week and just rely on the daily free swords.

Sushen

I have a terrible flier team that I've been using to get the last orb for over a week now. I finally got the 15th win with my Camilla with 1hp left! Now, I'm happy that I don't need to use this team for a month.

Real interesting thread here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...income_analysis_investigating_the_legitimacy/

I guess the reason they keep cutting off the daily orb supply is that they try to be consistent with how many they give out per month.

They had a lot of events this month. Rereleased GHBs, SoV release, Golden Week, defensive and artist special maps, Gauntlet, an 11th chapter, and now Arena payout. I'm personally ok with a lack of daily logins if they keep creating ways to get the same amount other ways, and may even prefer it. If they go back to daily login bonus it may just mean they don't have much content to release at that time to create other ways to earn them.

Yea, just 1 orb a day through quest would help some with the sense of progression. That's the problem with a lot of people, they get more "discouraged" if orbs do not go up for days even if they get the same amount per month. It's all in the head.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I hate the complaints re: free gems. So many people are acting as if they are entitled to something. The vast majority of gacha games I've played do not give a free gem per day.

Mupod

I have 40k feathers but I don't know what to do with them. Should I really use 20k for two stat points at this point?

I have a bit over 40k and I'm waiting to see what the bonus units are. I'm also reserving mine for 3* or 4* characters with really exceptional boon/bane stats. I've got a perfect Tharja and Setsuna ready to go but I don't need the former and I don't have a Brave Bow+ for the latter.

Another option, and great for clearing out box space, is to promote a lot of 3* of the same type and create a merged 4*.

Firemind

Another option, and great for clearing out box space, is to promote a lot of 3* of the same type and create a merged 4*.
That sounds like a waste of feathers tbh. Frankly, I'm not concerned about expanding the width of my army. Bonus characters be damned. I'll survive with less feathers, although I'm not even sure what the higher tiers pay off at this point. The whole tier thing is confusing to me.

Mupod

That sounds like a waste of feathers tbh. Frankly, I'm not concerned about expanding the width of my army. Bonus characters be damned. I'll survive with less feathers, although I'm not even sure what the higher tiers pay off at this point. The whole tier thing is confusing to me.

Right now the highest tier just gets an extra 4 orbs and 1800 feathers. Not a dramatic difference, but it's something to shoot for.

A merged 4* is equivalent to a 5* in terms of pure stats by the time it is +5. A +10 is significantly stronger especially if you inherit a 5* weapon and level 3 skills on to it. Doesn't seem like a waste to me, but I'm not running a bunch of merged 5* and I won't be for a long time if ever.

Scum

I have a bit over 40k and I'm waiting to see what the bonus units are. I'm also reserving mine for 3* or 4* characters with really exceptional boon/bane stats. I've got a perfect Tharja and Setsuna ready to go but I don't need the former and I don't have a Brave Bow+ for the latter.

This is what I'm doing with the Daily Hero chars I find. I'm still not taking Arena seriously, which I should :lol but some of the lads & ladies are well worth the 4*+ xx investment I think. Like Hana. ❤️

Theosmeo

How is he as a unit? Good enough to replace Camilla jn Flier Emblem spot?

Uh maybe with SI, but Minerva, Brave Cherche, and S.Camilla all do his job but better. He has goodish res tho. Great for GHBs because flier utility and the ability to delete blues.

On defense, you don't want support skills on non-armor because the AI is terrible at using them.

But he's a spineless coward

HOW DARE YOU SPIT SUCH BLASPHEMY. I'LL MAKE YOU REGRET THAT YOU EVER PICKED A FIGHT WITH ME, NARCIAN. ONE DAY I'LL MAKE YOU KNEEL. THEN I'LL PET YOUR HEAD LIKE A LITTLE KITTY-AND KEEP YOU AT MY SIDE FOREVER! HA HA HA HA!

Real interesting thread here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...income_analysis_investigating_the_legitimacy/

I guess the reason they keep cutting off the daily orb supply is that they try to be consistent with how many they give out per month.

I think that data is telling us more than that are giving us less orbs each month, no? Just because the weekly results look fairly consistent, doesn't change the fact that month by month we've been getting fewer and fewer orbs. Even looking weekly, is mostly a steady drop of 1 or 2 orbs per week, with the odd spike.

Also, it fails to include the significant drop in orbs this week, which should end up being <20 including Kozaki maps, Arena orbs and quests. This will be the lowest week on record by far.

I'm not ready to agree that IS is aiming for consistency in orbs provided based on the data given. The data doesn't really point to anything other than a general downward trend of orbs, with occasional spikes (and dips). We'll have a much better idea depending on how June goes.

Mupod

I think that data is telling us more than that are giving us less orbs each month, no? Just because the weekly results look fairly consistent, doesn't change the fact that month by month we've been getting fewer and fewer orbs. Even looking weekly, is mostly a steady drop of 1 or 2 orbs per week, with the odd spike.

Also, it fails to include the significant drop in orbs this week, which should end up being <20 including Kozaki maps, Arena orbs and quests. This will be the lowest week on record by far.

I'm not ready to agree that IS is aiming for consistency in orbs provided based on the data given. The data doesn't really point to anything other than a general downward trend of orbs, with occasional spikes (and dips). We'll have a much better idea depending on how June goes.

Well, May isn't finished yet. We will get more than 10 by next week from the new banner and Narcian, even ignoring arena payouts. So it will end up above April. Not quite about to panic just yet.

I do wish we'd get another big dump like that 36 orb set of quests back in March. I never even got the armor quest done, but it was fun having something to plug away at for weeks with a decent orb reward. It drove me to level up a bunch of new teams just for that purpose.

Akuun

Those team orb quests were weird. After a while I got tired of leveling up teams I wasn't that interested in, and just tried to reroll Tenth Stratum until I got a map that could be carried by the 1-2 good units of that type I had.

I cleared the Armor Emblem 10th Stratum quest with a max level Effie and three throwaway armored units.

Well, May isn't finished yet. We will get more than 10 by next week from the new banner and Narcian, even ignoring arena payouts. So it will end up above April. Not quite about to panic just yet.

I do wish we'd get another big dump like that 36 orb set of quests back in March. I never even got the armor quest done, but it was fun having something to plug away at for weeks with a decent orb reward. It drove me to level up a bunch of new teams just for that purpose.

I'm not saying that May will be less than April, but May being slightly higher doesn't really change the general downward trend. Actually, after adding this week in (which should be week 17), we would be over April.

Also, how much we get in a single week is irrelevant. We can already see there are spikes, followed by a steady drop in the number of orbs per week (1/2). It still indicates what I said before (spikes and a gradual decrease). I'm not saying they are strangling our orb supply (though the bait banners aren't helping the perception), I'm just pointing out that how many orbs we get gradually decreases based on the current data, not that IS is trying to keep things consistent.

Sushen

Those team orb quests were weird. After a while I got tired of leveling up teams I wasn't that interested in, and just tried to reroll Tenth Stratum until I got a map that could be carried by the 1-2 good units of that type I had.

I cleared the Armor Emblem 10th Stratum quest with a max level Effie and three throwaway armored units.
That's how I did my armored and flier orbs. I didn't have fun doing so and rather thought it's a lot for an orb.

Spoit

Isn't Clarine the better mounted healer anyway because of her higher HP, speed and defense?

I mean, in terms of wrathful staff usage? Clarine has 7 less attack, and only 1 more speed. (incidentally, the speed is why Elise is the better wrathful staff user, Genny is all the way down at 25, meaning she's doubled by most people, while Elise's 32, while not amazing on her own, does allow some random doubling when backed up with horse emblem buffs).

But yes, for general usage, the slight tankyness might be more useful than Elise's attack oriented stat spread

Any ideas one what to give Nowi as a C skill. I've got her fully decked out otherwise but she's sitting on Threaten Res 2 there. I was thinking of Rally Attack since I've only got red units with that atm

Spoit

Fuck it, I'm going to roll again for genny.

EDIT: lol, 3 orb sets and only 1 colorless. It was a 4* klein though, so that's at least useful SI fodder

Scum

Fuck it, I'm going to roll again for genny.

EDIT: lol, 3 orb sets and only 1 colorless. It was a 4* klein though, so that's at least useful SI fodder

flo.png

Straight talk, the Training Tower is aware of who you are trying to level up or grind SP for and is out to screw you over. I wanted to believe it was bad luck but using them since day 1 and using many Stamina Potiond in there, it can't be such a big coincidence... I could name examples for hours.

So why does swapping Ryoma for Effie (10 pt BST difference have no affect on the scores I am getting? I was getting 690-696 before and still am now. If I was to swap him for a mage my score would drop. Is 690-696 the ceiling without merging?

So why does swapping Ryoma for Effie (10 pt BST difference have no affect on the scores I am getting? I was getting 690-696 before and still am now. If I was to swap him for a mage my score would drop. Is 690-696 the ceiling without merging?

Got a 702 with unmerged Celica, Zephiel, Hector and Effie. Average is 692-696 with occasional 698 and one 702.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom