• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS - The oFFicial Thread

FFObsessed said:
Chris Zimmerman: "yep... BUY INFAMOUS!!"

:lol I like him.

Every interview that is done with people from Sucker Punch is top notch. You can tell there guys absolutely own there work. Makes it even that much easier to purchase games from them.

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Chris Zimmerman: "yep... BUY INFAMOUS!!"

:lol I like him.

Datz right BUY INFAMOUS!!!111!!!
angry.gif

cjtiger300 said:
The evil lightning looks different in the IGN vids. It has black in it. Is this a further upgrade or is the demo an old build? Also, has anyone made it across the bridge in the demo?

I am pretty pumped for this game. The demo has actually taken away from my KZ2 MP time. That is saying something!

Nightz, can you comment on the evil lightning?

You know, I was thinking about whether this game would benefit with the ability to drive cars at whim but I truly believe its better off. Lets face it, in EVERY open world game you can drive cars, right. Mercenaries, Crackdown, GTA, TRUE CRIME, but these games all revolve around driving because of it.

I think it really benefits the missions that there are no cars involved, the dev team has to make smarter placements of missions, use the verticality, and the actual missions themselves are not "follow this guy" or "go to this place at the end of the world". Its refreshing.

icechai

Lion Heart said:
You know, I was thinking about whether this game would benefit with the ability to drive cars at whim but I truly believe its better off. Lets face it, in EVERY open world game you can drive cars, right. Mercenaries, Crackdown, GTA, TRUE CRIME, but these games all revolve around driving because of it.

I think it really benefits the missions that there are no cars involved, the dev team has to make smarter placements of missions, use the verticality, and the actual missions themselves are not "follow this guy" or "go to this place at the end of the world". Its refreshing.

you don't drive in spiderman 2 and its still great getting around by leaping off buildings. Too bad infamous doesn't have as tall buildings as the skyscrappers of NYC

TEH-CJ

Banned
Can someone explain how the karma system works?

in the demo I killed like over 1000 pedestrians, caused chaos in the city yet im still in hero rank!. Only when i activate a mission in the 2nd level i get my evil powers :S

ezekial45

Banned
TEH-CJ said:

in the demo I killed like over 1000 pedestrians, caused chaos in the city yet im still in hero rank!. Only when i activate a mission in the 2nd level i get my evil powers :S

I believe they locked the karma system in the demo. You only change when you go to those missions.

Loudninja

TEH-CJ said:

The Karma system is turn off in the demo.

icechai said:
you don't drive in spiderman 2 and its still great getting around by leaping off buildings. Too bad infamous doesn't have as tall buildings as the skyscrappers of NYC

Ya I remembered Spidy 2 but the best part of that game was the swinging mechanics, the missions were pretty bad imo. I dont know what the full game will have but I wish the buildings were NYC type height as well, the bigger the better. I have a feeling I will be disappointed in that regard.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
icechai said:
Some of the other parts of the 2 islands look like they have some pretty tall buildings.

And I almost watched the IGN video linked a few posts back. I have to limit myself as I really don't want to be spoiled. I did watch the GT preview but that's it. I can't wait for the soundtrack to hit.

Click

Banned
Lion Heart said:

You have super powers. Why would you want to drive a car?

Zhuk

Banned
Hunahan said:
infaPLAYSTATION3mous.jpg

I mean...jesus, dude.

If these images had just come that way or something...but....considering you actually pasted all of those in yourself....it's just......jesus, dude.

:lol :lol I love official threads for Sony games for this exact reason, though you did forget the dot on top of the i is also a PlayStation :D

Click

Banned
I know it's funny that CHRP plastered lots of Sony/PS3-related logos all over his header image.
But is it really that big of a deal?

If you look at the image, it's actually 2 separate images merged into 1. It looks a bit ridiculous as 1 image, but separately, it's not bad at all. Other than the original PlayStation logo on the bottom right corner of the top image, and maybe the Play B3YOND logo, none of the logos are really out of place.

Zhuk said:
:lol :lol I love official threads for Sony games for this exact reason, though you did forget the dot on top of the i is also a PlayStation :D
Yeah I think eznark already made a similar comment(bitter berries), you two cna go back to whatever MS E# hype thread you came from now,. Obviously the joke is lost on you guys.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I like the idea of having the soundtrack on PSN for purchase. I hope Capcom does the same with Dark Void.

Loudninja

There are 135 missions in the game including story missions.

Also with 382 things to collect in the game , 84 districts that need to be liberated, and the stuns we are looking at a huge amount of play time :D

womfalcs3

Banned
I went ahead and pre-ordered from Amazon since it's $54 shipped and no tax. I'll make sure to get at least 50 hours from the game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Cheech said:
That's because your instinct is right, and it's not a 9.x caliber game. The demo is fun and all, and will probably be worth the $48.50 I preordered it for on Amazon (Thanks ECA!), but there's just no way. It got an artificial bump because of the exclusive review, end of story.
You ferry.

Maggot9 said:
how big is the open world in this game?
3 islands. I have not seen the entire layout though.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Haven't been following this at all, but I just read the IGN review, and rather liked Sucker Punch Production's earlier games. All of a sudden, it's very much on my radar.

Might mosey over to my local GS tomorrow and plunk down $5 on it.
No LE/SE here in the US, right?

Cheech said:
That's because your instinct is right, and it's not a 9.x caliber game. The demo is fun and all, and will probably be worth the $48.50 I preordered it for on Amazon (Thanks ECA!), but there's just no way. It got an artificial bump because of the exclusive review, end of story.

:lol
I love people they make me laugh.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I know this has already been addressed but it does suck that Europe gets the special edition, just like the killzone 2 one and most of us have only the standard edition to buy. I hope this isn't a trend with Uncharted 2 and God of War III.

Oh and that inFamous review thread is scary wow.

Cheech said:
Sorry, I didn't realize this was the psycho fanboy thread. Is there a thread for rational discussion about this game?

No one is arguing against rational discussion but you are basing a score on a "fun" demo whereas the IGN guy is basing his thoughts and review on the full game. How is it rational to say this is an 8.5 game on a demo that really does not give much about the whole game just a small segment of it. I loved the heck out of the wolverine demo but I could not put a score on it because it isn't the full game. You are asking for rational discussion but you already have a score in your head from a demo not the full game and then call this the psycho fanboy thread.

thaOwner

Cheech said:
919w7n.jpg

Cheech said:
Sorry, I didn't realize this was the psycho fanboy thread. Is there a thread for rational discussion about this game?

There is nothing rational about what you wrote (or what I did actually :O). They have played the full game and you haven't. Its not like they are the only place to give it 9+.

Please though explain to me how you are so certain the game is not of a 9+ calibur. Please only include info obtainable from the demo.
thaOwner said:

Cheech said:

How about play the f'ing game before you say it is a 8.5 over a 9.2! The fact is Greg Miller has about 35 more hours of playing the final code than you do! To me, this far more rational than your assumption about a game you haven't even played.

Edit: Beaten a few times, lol!

Loudninja

cjtiger300 said:
How about play the f'ing game before you say it is a 8.5 over a 9.2! The fact is Greg Miller has about 35 more hours of playing the final code than you do! To me, this far more rational than your assumption about a game you haven't even played.

Edit: Beaten a few times, lol!

He got the platnium trophy as well.

MvmntInGrn said:
There is nothing rational about what you wrote (or what I did actually :O). They have played the full game and you haven't. Its not like they are the only place to give it 9+.

Please though explain to me how you are so certain the game is not of a 9+ calibur. Please only include info obtainable from the demo.

Personally I'd say that the graphics for one thing and secondly gameplay mechanics...while being extremely fun to play, I feel that Cole is to weightless and his running animation to jarring. NPC's also have rigid movement and it seems that all of them share the same stance when doing most things. Character models are also pretty jarring(Hi Trish) and really break away from the rest of the games aesthetic.

I'd dock it down to a solid 7-8 or so.

Cheech said:

From review score conspiracy theorist to bleeding martyr for reason and justice in 5 minutes. Good fucking job.

CrushDance said:
Personally I'd say that the graphics for one thing and secondly gameplay mechanics...while being extremely fun to play, I feel that Cole is to weightless and his running animation to jarring. NPC's also have rigid movement and it seems that all of them share the same stance when doing most things. Character models are also pretty jarring(Hi Trish) and really break away from the rest of the games aesthetic.

I'd dock it down to a solid 7-8 or so.

My god, you people are hilarious!

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Soooooooooooooooooo good. I can't wait. Sucker Punch is amazing. I really hope inFAMOUS does well and I still want a new Sly Cooper. :)

Cheech said:
The city is lifeless, the enemies and main character are generic, the graphics are low-end, and the combat is repetitive. The beginning train mission was also more repetitive than any mission I can remember in any GTA game ever (after the fourth time you had to jump down from the tracks to electrify a box to get the train going again, I was losing my will to actually finish the mission).

This does not make a 9.0 game. That said, it was good enough for me to buy it at a discounted price from Amazon. It showed enough promise, but compared to a true 9.0+ game like Gears of War, Oblivion, Uncharted, etc...? It doesn't quite play on that level, IMO.

I have no issue with your opinion but saying "That's because your instinct is right, and it's not a 9.x caliber game." sounds more like an attempt to make fact what can never be more than opinion.

Top Bottom