• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

I asked Harada for advice a few months ago as a newbie to the series.

I2EE5Vq.jpg

Rajang

it's not as execution focused or difficult as other fighters. There are simple characters you can learn then you can either master them or move to more difficult characters. I mastered Xiaoyu in a week when I only mained Julia Chang previously.

Katarina and Miguel and Josie are great beginner characters.

tenor.gif

sasuke_91

it's not as execution focused or difficult as other fighters. There are simple characters you can learn then you can either master them or move to more difficult characters. I mastered Xiaoyu in a week when I only mained Julia Chang previously.

I've been playing Xiaoyu for quite some time now. She's not my main, but I'm pretty serious with her. It is impossible to "master" Xiaoyu in a week.

SarusGray

I've been playing Xiaoyu for quite some time now. She's not my main, but I'm pretty serious with her. It is impossible to "master" Xiaoyu in a week.

I mean I know all her juggles, her mix ups, her moves that are safe on frame hit and her moves that aren't, wall combos, what people fall for the most, what people don't, but then again, it's on Tekken 6.

I get pretty intense when I lose a main and have to learn another one quickly for a tournament.

And the fact I've watched Xiaoyu Players religiously on youtube for Tekken 7, I'm definitely not the best, but I know what I need to know to dominate in battles.

SenkiDala

The shop where I preordered the game for the PS4 version received them so I went to grab it, but I'm surprised that there's no Eliza code included... How will I unlock her?

SarusGray

The shop where I preordered the game for the PS4 version received them so I went to grab it, but I'm surprised that there's no Eliza code included... How will I unlock her?

wait 30 days and buy her, but I would try to figure that out.

sasuke_91

I mean I know all her juggles, her mix ups, her moves that are safe on frame hit and her moves that aren't, wall combos, what people fall for the most, what people don't, but then again, it's on Tekken 6.

I get pretty intense when I lose a main and have to learn another one quickly for a tournament.

And the fact I've watched Xiaoyu Players religiously on youtube for Tekken 7, I'm definitely not the best, but I know what I need to know to dominate in battles.

A lot of her stuff is very situational and you need some time to wrap your head around all the stance transitions and right use of stances, especially AoP. You also had to outsmart your opponent in a lot of cases to deal serious damages. I'm someone who played her in TTT2 though and she has some obvious weaknesses in that game. Her T7 version is definitely better.
If you really managed to master her in one week though I guess you're either talented as hell or I just suck at this game.

You preordered her? Was the code for her on your receipt? If not it should be inside the case. Do you have the day 1 edition?

dwix

Awesome, thank you for the advice!

SenkiDala

You preordered her? Was the code for her on your receipt? If not it should be inside the case. Do you have the day 1 edition?

It's not written day 1 edition but I asked if it's the day 1 edition and they said "yes it's this one, there's not special box for the day 1 edition"... Weird. I checked the receipt there's nothing on it.

I have a way to get another Eliza for free, so I don't mind so much, but it's weird.

And I mean, the day is out in 2 days, so if the version I have today is not day one, I don't understand... :p

SarusGray

A lot of her stuff is very situational and you need some time to wrap your head around all the stance transitions and right use of stances, especially AoP. You also had to outsmart your opponent in a lot of cases to deal serious damages. I'm someone who played her in TTT2 though and she has some obvious weaknesses in that game. Her T7 version is definitely better.
If you really managed to master her in one week though I guess you're either talented as hell or I just suck at this game.

The addition for her AOP with 1+2 and mix up with 3, 4 makes her a beast at pressuring now. Her iteration in TTT2 was not her best. Tekken 7 fixes a lot of these issues,, she now has an EXTREMELY easy cork screw juggle, her backward stance now having a low kick option that can wall splat. I'm not talented, just a dedicated Tekken Fan. if I put my mind into it, I can learn any character except Nina. Those fucking arm flap juggles I always drop.

Onemic

We in there!

Im so jelly of all the people that got a copy of the game early. Im still waiting T_T

In other good news, even though T7 isnt officially released Twitch viewership is sky high atm. T7 is at 19.7k viewership right now and combined with T7:FR the viewership total is actually 21k.

Currently the 7th highest viewership on Twitch right now.

thundr51

Ok, haven't played Tekken in very long time and mostly bought it to show love to the devs for showing love to the PC.

Anyway, just figured out my main Zafina isn't in the game and neither is my alt Anna. Um, suggestions?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ok, haven't played Tekken in very long time and mostly bought it to show love to the devs for showing love to the PC.

Anyway, just figured out my main Zafina isn't in the game and neither is my alt Anna. Um, suggestions?

Go Lili

SarusGray

Learn Nina, nina acquired some of Anna's moves. Katarina also would be a good choice.

sasuke_91

The addition for her AOP with 1+2 and mix up with 3, 4 makes her a beast at pressuring now. Her iteration in TTT2 was not her best. Tekken 7 fixes a lot of these issues,, she now has an EXTREMELY easy cork screw juggle, her backward stance now having a low kick option that can wall splat. I'm not talented, just a dedicated Tekken Fan. if I put my mind into it, I can learn any character except Nina. Those fucking arm flap juggles I always drop.
What platform are you getting the game for?
And where do you live?

I want to play you someday. Xiaoyu players are a little rare on this forum.

SarusGray

What platform are you getting the game for?
And where do you live?

I want to play you someday. Xiaoyu players are a little rare on this forum.

I live in Los Angeles and I'm grabbing it for the Playstation 4, I'd love to play locals! I need more practice breaking out of grabs because that's literally the weakness I have after playing online tekken battles since Tekken 5 for so long haha.

Fujinn

Yeah baby! Here we go.

Any steam group or something like that? Or maybe a mini tournament in the works? :B

DZ_b_EZ

Look, all I want to know, is if the Hori Fight Commander Fight Pad is practical for 3D fighters like Tekken. Or should I invest $20 more on a proper fight stick?

It looks like I'll be double dipping for the free online on PC, PS4 copy just to have a physical copy.

EDIT: I hope Xiayou has bigger part in the story. She's my main, she's my partner, she's my waifu.

sasuke_91

Go away, Feng player.

I live in Los Angeles and I'm grabbing it for the Playstation 4, I'd love to play locals! I need more practice breaking out of grabs because that's literally the weakness I have after playing online tekken battles since Tekken 5 for so long haha.

I live in Germany, so that's really far away. We can try getting some games in anyway. I get some decent connection with some US folks in TTT2. Also getting it for PS4.

SarusGray

Go away, Feng player.

I live in Germany, so that's really far away. We can try getting some games in anyway. I get some decent connection with some US folks in TTT2. Also getting it for PS4.

Aw snap that's far lol, I've seen from streams Tekken 7 has the best netcode so far in the series. I'll post my PSN when the game arrives ;-). Which character are you interested in learning?

Top Bottom