• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
refop4hxgw.png

Thread title memes aside, it really is amazing how Nintendo utilizes HD tech. They were late to the game and got rightful flak for that. But what they're actually doing with it (see Odyssey, Yoshi, Zelda, Kirby) is amazing.

Their art style & direction have always been the best. Most of their games look timeless because of that.

imBask

Banned
I think it'd be best for Odyssey to be bad in order for GOTY talk to be more fun

take one for the team Nintendo

oti

Banned
I think it'd be best for Odyssey to be bad in order for GOTY talk to be more fun

take one for the team Nintendo

In the context of this being GB this isn't really accurate, though. Odyssey could be the most amazing game ever and GB would still give GOTY to some shooter or open world action game with loot and upgrade points.

Wunder

In the context of this being GB this isn't really accurate, though. Odyssey could be the most amazing game ever and GB would still give GOTY to some shooter or open world action game with loot and upgrade points.

shadow of war goty

freetacos

But they just recognized an amazing mario game 2 years ago by giving Mario Maker GOTY?

oti

Banned
But they just recognized an amazing mario game 2 years ago by giving Mario Maker GOTY?

Mario Maker is different. That's an #oldgame + level editor. El Jefe would kill for an old game to win and Schuhmacher knows it. Brad didn't even fight. He knew better.

Eh, GB has given GOTY to plenty of unconventional (for them) things like XCOM, Mario Maker, and Hitman. The only shooters to have won it are story driven ones and no loot game has won anything.

Zocano

Odyssey just seems too much of a strong contender and too close itself to goty deliberations that it just feels like the shoe in. I feel like feelings on BotW have tempered and only pubg could dethrone it.

Thanks for the heads-up, that is literally everything I've dreamt of (well, GB app-wise). Livestreams through a portable, Chromecast-compatible platform will be so useful (assuming that the streaming works well technically).

I haven't had the chance to try the live streams to my Chromecast via the app yet, hopefully it works well. I'm rarely home/awake when they do streams so I haven't missed it that much, and the few times I've tried casting from their web player it has been quite choppy. It's possible my first gen Chromecast can't quite keep up.

oti

Banned
Odyssey just seems too much of a strong contender and too close itself to goty deliberations that it just feels like the shoe in. I feel like feelings on BotW have tempered and only pubg could dethrone it.

I just don't see it. For some reason they always go "it's just another [X]" in these cases. Add in their loot addiction, Vinny's utter hatred for anything Nintendo, Dan's weak arguments, Alex giving up on the slightest hint of opposition.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Brad. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Brad's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Brad truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Brad's existencial catchphrase "That didn't bother me, or I don't see the issue," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Brad tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

J_Viper

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Brad. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Brad's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Brad truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Brad's existencial catchphrase "That didn't bother me, or I don't see the issue," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Brad tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
I not sure if you added this or if it's part of the copypasta, but it's perfect

At this point I'm wishing any reference to Rick & Morty or its fans into the cornfield

please everyone: cease the discourse and the pickle jokes.

Teddified

Is pickle rick even that big of a thing in the show? Did people just blow it out of proportion, then the "ironic" people blow it up even more by making fun of people using it by using it ironically.

Is this an endless cycle?

Joeku

Is pickle rick even that big of a thing in the show? Did people just blow it out of proportion, then the "ironic" people blow it up even more by making fun of people using it by using it ironically.

Is this an endless cycle?

Like a lot of things, fandom amplified it, then the backlash amplified it further. AFAIK it's just a part of one episode.

Wunder

Like a lot of things, fandom amplified it, then the backlash amplified it further. AFAIK it's just a part of one episode.

it was also part of the ads leading up to the new season, which was highly anticipated because rick and morty fans

I love this copy pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom