• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concave PS3 triggers are coming stateside

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I hate the convex triggers on the PS3 controller. Fingers slip of them all the time, what was Sony thinking? Definitely ordering these.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
I got mine tonite, they are AWESOME. Once attached, underneath there is a recess where three sides are the new trigger, and one side is the original trigger. I got out the hot glue gun and put some hot glue in that recess to hold the triggers tight. The end result is semi-permanent (you can remove hot glue from plastic without leaving residue, in my experience, but you also aren't going to knock them off from normal use).

10 bucks is a lot of cash for two chunks of plastic but it's worth it to me.

Oh, the face armor is light as a feather. Don't plan on it adding any noticeable weight to your controller.

thanks for the impressions!

...so they look a bit high arc in the pictures and look as if they could be awkward to use....but you haven't had this issue though huh?

...also...PLEASE post some pics! :D

HUELEN10

AgentOtaku said:

...so they look a bit high arc in the pictures and look as if they could be awkward to use....but you haven't had this issue though huh?

Actually, post a video if you can.

I have to check my amazon account tomorrow to see if they even shipped them. I want them already. I only have problems with racing games. I will play so much burnout and motorstorm when I get them.

Acid08 said:
Do people's fingers REALLY slip off the triggers? I'm always perfectly fine with my DS3.

depends on the game...but with me, yeah I always feel like they're JUST about to slip off. Now I've grown to live with it, especially if the implementation is good IE DiRT, GRID...not complete shit like GTAIV

I'm still curious about these though...

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Acid08 said:
Do people's fingers REALLY slip off the triggers? I'm always perfectly fine with my DS3.
All the time. Half Life 2, GTA IV. I will be in the middle of a gun fight with guns a blazing and my finger will continually slip of the trigger. Its very distracting. It doesn't really cause too much trouble for racing games.

AgentOtaku said:

OK. You guys are so demanding!

I don't have video ability at the moment. Here is one pic without any actual pressure on the trigger, and one with it fully depressed. The extra schmutz hanging off the bottom is hot glue that I'm going to trim off.

trigger1.jpg

trigger2.jpg

Topher said:
All the time. Half Life 2, GTA IV. I will be in the middle of a gun fight with guns a blazing and my finger will continually slip of the trigger. Its very distracting. It doesn't really cause too much trouble for racing games.

huh...they mapped R2 to fire in HL2? ...never knew that

beermonkey@tehbias said:

I don't have video ability at the moment. Here is one pics without any actual pressure on the trigger, and one with it fully depressed. The extra schmutz hanging off the bottom is hot glue that I'm going to trim off.

trigger1.jpg

trigger2.jpg

hot sechs

...thread needs a title update! "Concave PS3 triggers are here!"

Acid08 said:

I had no problem with GTA4 or anything, but holding down for a period of time or trying to get different levels of sensitivity are a problem.

AgentOtaku said:
awesomeness .....so without the glue, do they feel flimsy?

I'm curious about this. I don't know if I would really want to glue them on my controller since I might switch down the road.

AgentOtaku said:
awesomeness .....so without the glue, do they feel flimsy?

I played with them for a bit and one of them popped off. I was intentionally pushing fairly hard to simulate a session where I was getting a bit frantic. The didn't feel flimsy. I was already going to glue them anyway since I wanted a really solid, reliable connection.

I'd say most people probably shouldn't bother gluing them unless they find them coming off. They weren't shifting around or anything before the one finally popped off.

Linkzg said:
I'm curious about this. I don't know if I would really want to glue them on my controller since I might switch down the road.

Well, it's all about what glue you might choose. I'm sticking with something that I can peel off, I'm not using superglue or two-part epoxy, or anything like that.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
beermonkey@tehbias said:

I don't have video ability at the moment. Here is one pic without any actual pressure on the trigger, and one with it fully depressed. The extra schmutz hanging off the bottom is hot glue that I'm going to trim off.

[IMG//]http://www.cincinnatidba.com/images/trigger1.jpg[///IMG]
[IMG//]http://www.cincinnatidba.com/images/trigger2.jpg[//IMG]

h0Ly CaT 2nd prince of fur Kingdom

this look fucking pure sex , why sony didn't made the DS3 R2/L2 like this already , they had the chance to do it ( with DS3 ) ? srsly this is freaking hot

i will order one from Amazon right now

The extra schmutz hanging off the bottom is hot glue that I'm going to trim off.

yeah i thougt that was some of your liquid childrens after fapping dance over this hot stuff or something ...nice to know the truth i guess

Burai

shitonmychest57
kairu said:
do the triggers not stay on by themselves? I would feel weird putting glue on my controller.

I've had no problems with mine after months of solid use. You'd have to be very heavy handed and have your fingers right at the back of the trigger to pull them off. I can't see anyone pulling them off without intentionally wanting to do so.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
kairu said:
do the triggers not stay on by themselves? I would feel weird putting glue on my controller.

they are Clip-on , so far no one talk about falling gioteck triggers or anything

it's just beermonkey@tehbias is one crazy glue lover n_n

Zzoram said:
There need to be more 3rd party controller manufacturers, and they need to make DS3 + concave triggers, and 360 pad /w playstation d-pad. Screw this "customize/modify your controller" stuff.

Dennis Dyack would like a word with you. It's about something big.

I got mine in the mail today. They stopped my original order for some reason and I just reordered yesterday, I am surprised they came today.

These things are amazing. I thought they wouuld make the L2/R2 triggers better, but not this much better. They are locked on tight and feel great to play with. The controller armor itself is stupid. It makes pressing Start/Select/Home harder than normal, but maybe that is the purpose.

gururoji

Just got mine yesterday and I love the triggers. It actually makes the whole controller easier to hold for me. I played the Burnout Paradise demo, Gripshift, and Pixeljunk Racers because racing games were where I was having the most problems slipping off the old buttons, and they all played great. It felt slightly more difficult to me to tell how much of the analog range I was using, but it'll probably just take a bit of time to get used to.

I can only imagine they'd be great for stuff like Resistance, too, I didn't try that yet.

I have no idea why I'd want to use the metal armor--it's a bummer that the whole package sets you back $10 and comes with something that seems so practically useless...but I don't regret the purchase at all and may very well snatch up a second set just in case these become hard to get later on.

Top Bottom