• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New PS Vita - Available for Pre-Order tomorrow

It'd be odd to just throw this out there at some event. Hopefully we get a first look at Borderlands 2, some of the other rumored games (Infamous, whatever Bend is working on), and a surprise or two.

Vita's 2014 western line-up is a total desert at the moment.

It'd be odd to just throw this out there at some event. Hopefully we get a first look at Borderlands 2, some of the other rumored games (Infamous, whatever Bend is working on), and a surprise or two.

PlayStation Blog said don't expect software announcements.

I just use a 8gb and buy every game physical. Its just not worth going digital at those prices. Digital only is really nice on vita though because the game file sizes aren't huge.

You must not have Plus. You're seriously missing out.

Also, if the PS Vtia TV isn't announced at this event, then I doubt it's ever coming West. I've always assumed the Vita 2000 and TV would come at the same time.

Yay, hopefully they will also introduce the 64GB memory-cards in the west.

More attention for the Vita, the better. Damn thing deserves it.

Son Of D

Price will still likely be higher than the £129 it costs to buy a new Vita right now or the £89 it costs to buy a used one. Unless it's going to be priced at £100 new, I don't see the point.

Would have been better to focus on sane pricing for the memory cards as well as releasing the 64gb over here.

Where are Vitas £89 used? Mine broke a couple of months ago and I've been looking for a cheap one to replace it.

As for the V2K, I'll wait to see pricing information before I consider it. Lack of OLED doesn't bother me too much to be honest.

I just use a 8gb and buy every game physical. Its just not worth going digital at those prices. Digital only is really nice on vita though because the game file sizes aren't huge.
When was the last time u bought a vita game?

There's been a lot of great deals on digital content lately.

Personally I just bought Stealth Inc for $4
Reg price was $15

On topic: I really hope this is an entirely new model, but I'm 99% sure it'll just be the 2k

Sensibly priced Vita memory cards? I wish. My 16GB card is begging to be replaced, but last time I looked the 32GB was very expensive. Can't imagine the 64GB being anywhere near sensible.

Yeah, it's probably a fools hope to think they'll price it sensibly. I'll hold onto it for now though...

I'd be pretty psyched if it's a new slim model with OLED. If not then it's time to stock up. Though it's the Vita so I'm sure they'll still be lingering for a year or two.

K.Sabot

Wut

Danganronpa, Toukiden, FFX/X-2HD, Conception 2 (still on the fence with this ), various indies in the next 3 months = a happy vita owner here.

Unless you mean games made by western studios, fuck them we don't need them anyways.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope they don't kill off the OLED one straight away, I want to buy a brand new one for backup but can't afford it for a few months (inbetween buying other stuff :p )

Fantastical

Death Prophet
As much as I want a cheaper Vita, the memory cost will always be a negative. If it came with a 16GB memory card that would be good.

No software announcements. Some release dates would be splendid.

"The New PS Vita... available to buy with Minecraft pre-installed from 30th January"
True, there are a lot of mid-sized games that don't have either media or release dates (or both). GoW Collection, Dead Nation, Borderlands 2, Minecraft to name a few.

On the unannounced front, there's that mysterious Vita/PS4 port of a PS3 title that Double Eleven was teasing too.

I've already accepted that KZ:M was probably the last of its kind on Vita, so drown me in ports, Sony. I barely have time for couch and big TV gaming these days anyway.

Unless you mean games made by western studios, fuck them we don't need them anyways.
Yeah, that's what I meant. But Western studios were never really a "thing" on handhelds anyway (PSP's early years being the only exception).

RisingZan

Neo Member
Odds that the 2000 is priced below the OG? I want to join the NA vita posse, but if it launches at $199 I'll go for dat OLED instead.

True, there are a lot of mid-sized games that don't have either media or release dates (or both). GoW Collection, Dead Nation, Borderlands 2, Minecraft to name a few.

On the unannounced front, there's that mysterious Vita/PS4 port of a PS3 title that Double Eleven was teasing too.

I've already accepted that KZ:M was probably the last of its kind on Vita, so drown me in ports, Sony. I barely have time for couch and big TV gaming these days anyway.

Which they said the announcement for would be in days... days ago. I think Sony would be asinine not to give the Vita2000 some sort of software boost, but this is the company that's largely pretended the system didn't exist for the past two E3's.

Yeah, that's what I meant. But Western studios were never really a "thing" on handhelds anyway (PSP's early years being the only exception).

In an alternate universe I'm playing Red Dead Tales and Daxter II on my Vita ;_;

K.Sabot

Western studios are not longer satisfied by finding a niche, which is why we'll never see them on Vita again.

You know, I wouldn't recommend buying a Vita until the announcement, even an OLED one. They're not all going to disappear by tomorrow, and the price could very well go down, even on older models (especially at retail stores).

Pain

Banned
All this just for the Vita-2000 model? They better reveal and actual Slim model...and a price cut wouldn't hurt.

bLaiSe

Nice! I might buy a white one.
I hope OLEDs will be a bit cheaper when this new model comes out. My friend gave me a Vita with a broken screen and I want to replace it so I can give it to my brother.

javac

The slim model looks slick. I prefer it to the original Vita. I wouldn't even mind ditching the OLED although it does look good. I'm in no hurry to upgrade however.

EDIT: Didn't mean to press enter damn this crap keyboard!

Oled is great, until it burns out.

More like Burn In. I got a column at the very right and a row at the very top that are lighter in color than the rest of the screen due to the black column of the internet browser app and status bar on top beingon screen all the time.

I would ditch OLED Vita for a LCD Vita because of that, but I've spent too much money on Vita stuff to do that.

gioGAF

Price will still likely be higher than the £129 it costs to buy a new Vita right now or the £89 it costs to buy a used one. Unless it's going to be priced at £100 new, I don't see the point.

Would have been better to focus on sane pricing for the memory cards as well as releasing the 64gb over here.
I agree, I don't really see the point to this "update". The memory cards are what is truly in need of being changed. The moment Sony decided on adopting a ridiculously overpriced proprietary storage method for their handheld is the moment they buried their hopes for success.

The price advantage of a 2000 needs to be SUBSTANTIAL, otherwise this whole move from the 1k OLED to the 2k LCD just reeks of cost cutting measure to save THEMSELVES money, not US.

Top Bottom