• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

*rubs eyes*

And I got happy when I got a 10/10 Mbit connection.

It is honestly ridiculous with that fast of a connection.
But that was what my new ISP offered, and I get to pay about half of what I used to pay for a 100/100 Mbit connection plus mandatory TV (that I didn't use). So I couldn't say no.

I hope you get the option of affordable fiber in the near future. It's pretty great.

Kashiwaba

*rubs eyes*

And I was so happy when I got a 10/10 Mbit connection.

To be fair at some point you stop noticing the difference lol, when i upgraded from 25/25 Mbit to 150/150 Mbit i felt I'm wasting my money since i didn't notice any difference outside download speed (sometimes) and doing speed test.

I calm now, but still fuck this netcode, it happened again, i killed someone (even heard the sound it makes when they die) and it rollback to them blocking my CA... Fucking game..

LakeEarth

I calm now, but still fuck this netcode, it happened again, i killed someone (even heard the sound it makes when they die) and it rollback to them blocking my CA... Fucking game..

3rd Strike Online is terrible for this, sometimes you'll even hear the announcer go KO and then the match continues. This is also true for super flash finishes, you see the screen go orange for a split second and goes back to normal. One time I had someone down to a pixel and made him parry Remy's multi-fireball super. Dude parried every one, but every time he did it registered a hit first so it went "KO KO K-KO KO KO" with the background flickering nonstop.

The connection has to be pretty bad for this to happen, though.

The commentators and personalities keep saying it's a great base game, but everyone hates on that base game. People often find it boring. In fact, a common complaint that it has is the lack of defensive options or defensive playstyles. The base game being great has become a meme at this point. You have James Chen spending most of his time playing Guilty Gear and praising how fun the game is and complaining how he can't get his execution/combo fix on SFV. Can you fix those problems without completely changing the base game? Xian doesn't think so.
Defensive options will make people get more creative IMO. Urien for example can really style on you as well as Ibuki and Mika. I think adding priority normals or 1 frame links that do just a bit more damage would be cool too, but I think defense boost is mostly all that's needed, and a bit more functionality out of V-trigger.

Sayad

Defensive options will make people get more creative IMO. Urien for example can really style on you as well as Ibuki and Mika. I think adding priority normals or 1 frame links that do just a bit more damage would be cool too, but I think defense boost is mostly all that's needed, and a bit more functionality out of V-trigger.
What do you mean by this?! Game already has priority normals!

So why is Bison so good online, and only online? I can relate to this notion, I keep getting destroyed by these fucks. I yet I see Bison nowhere in tournaments.

Yeah not sure Gief is for me. Gonna have to try somebody else, cuz I'm getting nowhere with Mika. Honestly I'm kinda tired of everything revolving around 50/50 wakeups and CCs. I'm not sure if SFV is for me. :p

Well I guess I'm just not used to playing so defensively.
It's much easier to react to Bison online with all the delayed inputs. He has a bunch of plus frame moves, and when it's your "turn" you need to flip the match on him. That's simply easier in a lag free environment when timings are not messed up.

So many times online people are pressing their 3 frame jab on wakeup when I know I practiced my meaty setups like 100 times and I should be getting a counter hit into another combo. Just can't take it too seriously. If you want to easy mode online and not worry about meaty timing so much, pick a character with a command grab.

I'm having a much better time just not taking it too serious though, and having some fun with the 50/50. It will get toned down, unfortunately looks like we have to wait it out a bit.

What do you mean by this?! Game already has priority normals!
Sorry, I meant close-range priority. Like Akuma's st.mp being different depending on him being right in your face or some distance away from you.

Would flesh out the characters a bit more and balance them button wise. For example, if your characters's poking sucks, they generally should be scary when they actually get in and be able to apply some pressure.

They're called proximity normals.

EDIT:Damn it, I'm
MyV8cLw.png

Producer

i wanted close normals too before but now i dont think i want them lol. Imagine dash up 3-6f close heavy normal into crush counter / vtrigger / mixup gg

close normals with the existing mechanics doesnt seem too good

ElFly

i wanted close normals too before but now i dont think i want them lol. Imagine dash up 3-6f close heavy normal into crush counter / vtrigger / mixup gg

close normals with the existing mechanics doesnt seem too good

I think just removing the priority system would help the game a lot

I'd much rather have more command normals than proximity normals.

The former does not change your actions depends on the position of a shifting, invisible box centered roughly on your opponent's character model.

JusDoIt

Ucchedavāda;241656240 said:

The former does not change your actions depends on the position of a shifting, invisible box centered roughly on your opponent's character model.

Here, here. I wouldn't be mad if proximity normals came back, but it's not like I miss them either. I'll take some more command normals, though.

Skilletor

Ucchedavāda;241656240 said:

This.

Proximity normals are garbage.

Ryu is also in a counter hit state while in recovery of a parry.

If you REALLY think you have a read on his parry, then empty jump into a Crush Counter normal. Though it's usually safer to just throw.

MrCarter

Yheesh. Just caught up with the Marvel thread. We can say one thing for sure, Capcom games certainly can get a (crazy) reaction out of people.

So why is Bison so good online, and only online? I can relate to this notion, I keep getting destroyed by these fucks. I yet I see Bison nowhere in tournaments.

The netcode makes Dash in, CC rounhouse busted when it's 30+ frame and trying to react with a medium. The same said with Light Mixer which is +1 on block.

Kashiwaba

I noticed something when i do crouching HP as rashid from short range it's normal but when it's from far range it registers as CC even when the other player not moving. Is this a game mechanic or is it just me?

Last night I played against an Akuma who did nothing but LK the entire first round. I killed him. Second round same thing and I won the match. I was curious so did another match. First round same thing and I joined him in the LK party, timer hits zero and its a tie. Second round dude unleashes hell and I barely get a hit in. It was so random, I wasn't even upset.

So why hasn't Bison's st.HK been nerfed to hell and back? Shit's so stupid...
Is he not allowed to have anything? Lol

Bison is one of the few characters with NO advanced mix-up options. He can attack or throw on oki. That is it. No command grab, no overhead. To make up for it, he has one of the best frame trap crushes in the game, and that is his mix-up. It sucks, honestly. How could you justify even taking that from him?!

Last night I played against an Akuma who did nothing but LK the entire first round. I killed him. Second round same thing and I won the match. I was curious so did another match. First round same thing and I joined him in the LK party, timer hits zero and its a tie. Second round dude unleashes hell and I barely get a hit in. It was so random, I wasn't even upset.

I'm going to assume you're new to the game and this was your first time running into one of these guys Basically you ran into a booster. They leave the game on to gain XP by competing in matches despite losing all the time. I guess they sit something heavy enough on the X button(A on Xbox) and it keeps them searching for matches, immediately rematching, and doing st. LK non stop during a match.

I hate running into these guys because I only play the game to learn, compete, and win. And there is nothing satisfying about getting a free win from these guys. It's just a waste of time and actually angers me when I'm on a losing streak and want to redeem myself only to run into these guys.

StewboaT_

So my experience was mostly positive netcode wise in the beginning but after the patch it's been borderline unplayable. Anyone else in the same boat? Feels bad man :(

Top Bottom