• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

You get 1600 dust for de-ing a golden legendary.

hey that is true...

disenchanting my rag + crafting golden rag + disenchanting golden rag in rotation + crafting normal rag in rotation nets a profit of 400 dust...

that's rather genius, man...

EDIT: nevermind, maths swallowed me.. it is -1200

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
hey that is true...

disenchanting my rag + crafting golden rag + disenchanting golden rag in rotation + crafting normal rag in rotation nets a profit of 2000 dust...

No I think it actually is just 1600 dust either way.

If you have a normal rag, you get 1600.

If you craft a golden rag, it costs 3200. You then get 3200. You're at 0 net. You de the golden rag you get 1600.

I was wrong, it's 1600 dust either way.

Cels

hey that is true...

disenchanting my rag + crafting golden rag + disenchanting golden rag in rotation + crafting normal rag in rotation nets a profit of 2000 dust...

disenchant normal rag = +400
craft golden rag and holding golden rag at time of rotation = no change in dust
crafting normal rag at time of rotation = -1600
net = -1200

???

wiibomb

No I think it actually is just 1600 dust either way.

If you have a normal rag, you get 1600.

If you craft a golden rag, it costs 3200. You then get 3200. You're at 0 net. You de the golden rag you get 1600.

I was wrong, it's 1600 dust either way.

net = -1200

???

true, I'm having a hard time thinking in all these news, yeah it is a 0 profit compared to just letting the rag give me the 1600 dust

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
net = -1200

???

Disenchant golden rag after rotation = +1600

net = +400

Am i missing something here? You get full value back, and still have the card which can be dusted.

Welp, have all the goldens of those cards now. Going to be getting like 10.4k dust once the rotation happens, then add in the extra 500ish from disenchanting the normal versions and yeah, not too bad. Can't go wrong with free golden cards.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Your rag.

No that was included:

disenchant golden rag = +1600
net = +400

Or just disenchant normal rag = +400
net = +400 and rag upgraded to golden

Cels

true, I'm having a hard time thinking in all these news, yeah it is a 0 profit compared to just letting the rag give me the 1600 dust

there's no profit, only getting golden cards for free. so you can effectively upgrade to golden cards and also get the dust costs of dusting the normal versions of cards if you already have them.

so for example if you have 1 normal rag and choose to craft a golden rag and dust the normal rag, you'll be netting 400 dust

if you do nothing, then you'll get 1600 dust

If you can still disenchant the rag, crafting a gold one if you have a normal one should profit you 1600 dust.

And the most possible dust from this is 3200+3200+800+160+160+160. So 7680 dust if you have goldens of all these cards.

Im due to get 3520.

This is incorrect.

Golden Rag: 3200
Golden Sylv: 3200
2x Drakes: 800 + 800
2x Conceal: 400 + 400
2x Ice Lance: 400 + 400
2x Power O: 400 + 400

10,400 free dust if you have all of them golden.

If you then disenchant them at the reduced number, that's an additional 1600 + 1600 + (100 * 2) + (50 *6) = 3700 dust. So if you craft them all right now and disenchant later, you will get a 3700 dust profit. (although if you have 10k dust sitting around to take advantage of this, you probably have them in golden already, let's be honest.)

Zoggy

Instead of nerfing it, move it to wild was what I and many others said. And I got pushback saying people would hate that

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
there's no profit, only getting golden cards for free. so you can effectively upgrade to golden cards and also get the dust costs of dusting the normal versions of cards if you already have them.

so for example if you have 1 normal rag and choose to craft a golden rag and dust the normal rag, you'll be netting 400 dust

if you do nothing, then you'll get 1600 dust

So basically a 1200 dust upgrade cost instead of the usual 2800 dust, counting opertunity cost.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Let's say you have Standard Rag and 3200 dust on Hand

Craft Golden Rag = -3200 Dust, 0 dust on hand, Regular Rag and Golden Rag in Collection
Standard Rotates = +3200 Dust, 3200 dust on hand, Regular Rag and Golden Rag in Collection
Disenchant Golden Rag = +1600 Dust, 4800 dust on hand, Regular Rag in Collection

4800 dust - 3200 dust = +1600 net dust
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Or if you want to upgrade to a Golden Rag

Craft Golden Rag = -3200 Dust, 0 dust on hand, Regular Rag and Golden Rag in Collection
Standard Rotates = +3200 Dust, 3200 dust on hand, Regular Rag and Golden Rag in Collection
Disenchant Regular Rag = +400 Dust, 3600 dust on hand, Golden Rag in Collection

3600 dust - 3200 dust = +400 net dust, plus Rag is now Shiny

squidyj

so.... getting dust for having rag.

if I have gold rag and regular rag do i get 1600 3200 or 4800 dust back?

Let's say you have Standard Rag and 3200 dust on Hand

Disenchant Golden Rag = +1600 Dust, 4800 dust on hand, Regular Rag in Collection

4800 dust - 3200 dust = +1600 net dust

if it works like this, i plan to never touch wild so Ill probably break down most of my upcoming wild cards to craft golden copies. of things.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
This is incorrect.

If you then disenchant them at the reduced number, that's an additional 1600 + 1600 + (100 * 2) + (50 *6) = 3700 dust. So if you craft them all right now you will get a 3700 dust profit. (although if you have 10k dust sitting around you probably have them in golen already, let's be honest.)

Yeah I thought golden rares were 400. 8x cost seems insane.

Cels

This is incorrect.

If you then disenchant them at the reduced number, that's an additional 1600 + 1600 + (100 * 2) + (50 *6) = 3700 dust. So if you craft them all right now and disenchant later, you will get a 3700 dust profit. (although if you have 10k dust sitting around to take advantage of this, you probably have them in golden already, let's be honest.)

yea that's the problem for me, i don't have these liquid dust amounts sitting around to get the free golden upgrades. FeelsBadMan

Cat Party

as a f2p player I don't like the no adv decision. Getting all the useable cards will be even more difficult
Definitely. I'm F2P as well but I still have more fun earning gold for packs than for adventures. I don't really try to get everything. I just focus on the classes I prefer. The bonus dust from Blizzard will help.

peakish

Lmao, just faced a Renolock without Jaraxxus. Instead a damn 13/13 Blubber Baron is suddenly thrown down by the end of the game. Pretty fun!

I have a nice amount of dust stored up to try the gold trick, but also having a panic attack incase I waste the dust crafting Gold Legadieries. I am pretty sure I would actually quit the game if I crafted the Golds, but Blizzard did not do the refund as expected.

gutshot

So basically you should craft all the Hall of Fame cards in gold if you have the dust as you will get free dust no matter what?

wiibomb

So basically you should craft all the Hall of Fame cards in gold if you have the dust as you will get free dust no matter what?

if you have the normal ones, no, you should not craft them unless you really want them golden, crafting them while having the normal one means less profit since only counts either normal or golden ones, not both

Tagyhag

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20475356

Wow! Lots of info.

Azure Drake, sylvanas and rag, PO, conceal and ice Lance out, auctioneer still in.

Full dust refunds even if you don't dust them!

No more adventures. Instead expansions will come with single player content. 3 expansions a year. No more guaranteed cards.

New year is the year of the mammoth.

Wow, I was going to say that I was mad that I crafted Rag and Sylvanas because I assumed that Classic cards would never leave but,

So instead, we're just going to give you the dust, and you can keep the cards!

That does help ease the pain. Still a bit bummed, it was fun putting those cards in the standard decks but I understand their versatility.

Wish they would have done that with rotations lol.

gutshot

if you have the normal ones, no, you should not craft them unless you really want them golden, crafting them while having the normal one means less profit since only counts either normal or golden ones, not both

Yeah but then I can just disenchant the golden one immediately after and gain a free 1600 dust, right?

EDIT: Oh, I guess I would get the 1600 dust profit either way. But I could craft free goldens, which is tempting.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but then I can just disenchant the golden one immediately after and gain a free 1600 dust, right?

EDIT: Oh, I guess I would get the 1600 dust profit either way. But I could craft free goldens, which is tempting.

Crafting goldens and holding them are basically a cost of 1200 dust each.

But I guess crafting and then disenchanting them after rotation is basically a free rental of the golden card.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

But I guess crafting and then disenchanting them after rotation is basically a free rental of the golden card.

If you don't have sylvanas and don't want sylvanas after rotation, you actually profit 400 for crafting her in the regular, and 1600 for crafting her in the golden form then disenchanting.

gutshot

Right. I can either gain 400 dust plus the golden Legendary. Or just gain 1600 dust.

I was hoping for more card rotations, but rag and sylvanas were two I had pegged for wanting to rotate at least.

I'm not as thrilled about azure drake. In part, I want to see it rotate since so many decks use it. But also, it's one of the few strong spell power cards in the entire game's history and is a mechanic I like.

Auctioneer not rotating doesn't really bother me. Rogue is losing pillager and now conceal as well. Maybe counterfeit coin is enough to keep it alive but I somewhat doubt that. Miracle rogue wasn't being played before pillager was introduced in LOE.

Raxus

I feel bad for drake since it is one of the staple dragons and one of the few good dragons that would have made it out of the rotation. They made all this support for Dragon Priest and now they are burying it. Hope the new set is the dragons of dragon mountain.

The rest make sense. The announcement makes me believe there are more announcements incoming. I really don't see Leeroy lasting long as well.

If you have 2 copies of a card, a golden and a non-golden, you only receive full refund once.

Fair rule. Don't reward people hoarding cards in the hope of nerfs. Maybe they'll be slightly less hesitant to nerf in the future as a result.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Rotating just these few classic cards out of standard feels like a typical half step from Team 5. What they really need to do is a revamp of the classic set and call it the core set. Put some of the cards into wild and rebalance through new cards and reprints.

inky

So if I have regular Rag and Sylv, I'm already getting 3200 back, so no point in crafting a golden right now. Am I understanding that correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom