• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online presents the "Doomsday Heist"

wvnative

you can join other to play the content. it wont cost you a dime.

ok, so theres multiple things that i have a problem with in your statement.

first of all, you dont have to pay anything to play this new content. you and your friends can join others games as a grouo with the match making built into the game.

second, if you dont want do the prep missions and rather pay, that seems like a personal problem. theres others, including myself who likes them and find them fun and challenging to do.

third of all, noooooooooooo one uses armor outside of pvp. its too expensive and its gone after one or two shoots. its a waste of money. you know what people do??? they eat the snacks whike in cover because of two reasons, no eating animation so your health fills instantly meaning you can spam the snacks to quickly fill your health and eating snacks in cover or while in a vehicle you get more health.

fourth, getting killed in two hits is highly unlikely. so i think your just blowing things a bit out of proportions here.

fifth, if your not having fun playing the base game and find it to be boring and a grind, then its pretty obvious its not the game for you.

1: Playing with randoms is horrible most of the time, its fine for contact missions, but these highly precise heist missions are mostly miserable in public. Secondly, you bring up one of my other main issues with the game, this game's matchmaking is backasswards. Getting into a random match with your friends is about a 50/50 shot as it often splits you into different rooms, even if your quick on the job invite accept screen.

2: That's fine and all, but I just feel this aspect was really unnecessary, at least charge less for folks like me who don't wanna do them so we can still turn a LITTLE profit.

3: I am well aware of snacks, my friend and I go through these every single mission, and given how much damage bullets do to you, I feel the extra protection, however little it might be, is necessary. It is starting to seem like a waste though. I found out last night that there is clothing armor that is supposed to provide hefty protection in these specific missions but apparently it isn't working. Need to investigate further.

4: Want me to record a video?

5: True, the game is going in a direction I don't like, but I am so critical of it BECAUSE I still love the game so very much, and feel like it could be so much more if rockstar would backoff the nickel and diming just a TINY bit. Hell, I don't mind the existence of shark cards, I just feel like it's balanced really unfairly.

Fun fact for you guys, this is actually parts of the scrapped Single Player DLC re-purposed into a GTA Online Heist. This was supposed to be apart of the first "What If?" DLC called Alien War which was meant to be akin to Red Dead Redemption's "Undead Nightmare" and was supposed to be what all the Alien stuff in Single Player was hinting towards. The full production DLC was supposed to have parts of Los Santos destroyed, Mount Chilliad broken open by an Earthquake, downtown skyscrapers attacked by a squad of aliens, etc.

Now that the content has been released (in some form) we can actually talk about this now in the open.

There was going to be THREE Single Player DLC Expansion Packs, one being a proper Story DLC and two being What If scenarios, the first being Alien War and the second being a PS4/XB1/PC exclusive called Zombie Apocalypse.

I did not know this... Dang...

Would have always preferred SP story DLC more than anything, but even as a much bigger fan of SP than MP, had I to choose between alien and yet another zombie (SP) DLC or the CEO and biker (MP) DLC, I'm actually happy we got the GTAO updates.

Venuspower

The new heists are really good.
I like the new sourcing missions before you start a setup.
But the heists are really hard. Never wasted that much armor and snacks while playing the old heists.

Fun fact for you guys, this is actually parts of the scrapped Single Player DLC re-purposed into a GTA Online Heist. This was supposed to be apart of the first "What If?" DLC called Alien War which was meant to be akin to Red Dead Redemption's "Undead Nightmare" and was supposed to be what all the Alien stuff in Single Player was hinting towards. The full production DLC was supposed to have parts of Los Santos destroyed, Mount Chilliad broken open by an Earthquake, downtown skyscrapers attacked by a squad of aliens, etc.

Now that the content has been released (in some form) we can actually talk about this now in the open.

There was going to be THREE Single Player DLC Expansion Packs, one being a proper Story DLC and two being What If scenarios, the first being Alien War and the second being a PS4/XB1/PC exclusive called Zombie Apocalypse.

I just threw up in my mouth a little. RIP single player expansions.

Thank sweet baby Jesus for CDPR.

Top Bottom