• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition announced

Flysquare

You're not alone.
I agree GOTY editions come way too soon nowadays.
Mostly because people want final versions of games with all the patches and DLCs in their GOTYs.
I'm sure Horizon will have other patches, maybe even in 2018.
Complete edition won't be definitive... Lame.

But I like games I can finish in 10 hours/a week or two. I don't want all games to be GaaS where I need to invest a day of the week for 52 weeks to progress in, I just don't have the time. I like to sit when I can and immerse myself in a world without the feeling that I'm not progressing quick enough before the reset (Destiny 2, Diablo seasons, etc). But I see what you're saying, publishers have to find ways to keep their IP relevant in a culture where you're the game of the week and done (you see this a lot on twitch where the top game outside of MOBOs, WoW, PUBG changes weekly as the top streamers chase after the next 'big release'). I just wish there were others ways to do it, although in fairness I can just wait and buy the GOTY cheap a few months later anyway.

Oh I definitely agree with you on that as I don't really have time for that style of game either. Thankfully, Horizon isn't really taking that approach but I understand why they'd need to quickly develop more content to keep it in the conversation. I do feel like it's been the case for quite some time now that waiting a year for a GOTY edition is the best choice. It stinks to know that you're paying more if you want to be part of the conversation and play early, but I've just accepted it as the status quo.

MikeBison

Kind of wish I had waited back when it came out. Rushed more than I would have liked because of the timing of Zelda. Still. Fantastic game. Great deal for anyone jumping in now. Will get the dlc myself.

Well Horizon, Nioh and Resident Evil7 all are currently on my whishlist so I couldnt be more happy with all these recent anouncements.

Will Nier Automata gets some def edition aswell I wonder

Jesus, the steelbook looked amazing. I'm hoping this version is compatible with saves from the non GotY version. I was just about to buy this again.

webrunner

out of all the games that came out early in the year about a post-apocalyptic wasteland full of robots that change color when they get angry this was one of the top three

also you can ride antlered steeds

I am sorry for your bad taste

image.php

Sorry, had to...

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I was too distracted when it first launched. This price and packed content is tailored for someone like me.

Undrey

?

Horizon launched in February, and the DLC isn’t even out yet.

Plus, what'd be wrong if it had been released months earlier? Isn't that better? Less of a wait for people who know there'll be a complete edition, while people anxious to get more Horizon can play the content when it comes out.

So tired of this trend.

Base Game - Released
DLC - Released a month later

COMPLETE GOTY EDITION - Released 6 months later

Horizon and Nioh are both guilty of this.
This is the AAA method, if you don't like it you should wait before buying games, especially any and all that announce season passes or DLC before the game even releases.

Edit: December 5th means no black friday deals, boo.

This is the AAA method, if you don't like it you should wait before buying games, especially any and all that announce season passes or DLC before the game even releases.

Edit: December 5th means no black friday deals, boo.
If that is the AAA method then Horizon didn't went through that since it didn't sell you season passes or DLC before the game was out. We knew some DLC was coming but the game launched in February and we didn't know about said DLC until E3 in June!

Also no loot boxes, micro transactions, tacked on multiplayer component or stupid retail specific preorder bonuses.

I fear Horizon is made out of an increasingly rare breed of triple A games. They released a single player offline amazing game in a finished state without 99% of the triple A bullshit we've grown accustomed to (they did offer inconsequential preorder DLC that consisted of some mediocre armor/weapon that you easily can find better ones in game soon).

Blader

I was thinking of buying this in the next month or so, and it hovers between $40-50 on Amazon, so this is perfect for me.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
That's a hot box art. May double dip.

Griss

That cover looks like a piss-take. Awful.

Also, disappointing that Frozen Wilds will be the only DLC. That's the last setting I would have chosen for the DLC.

To those who haven't played it - it's a great game, but not a great open world. The world is gorgeous but there's no real incentive to explore, there's little to find. Combat, visuals and lore are the attractions here, but they're all top notch.

I fear Horizon is made out of an increasingly rare breed of triple A games. They released a single player offline amazing game in a finished state without 99% of the triple A bullshit we've grown accustomed to (they did offer inconsequential preorder DLC that consisted of some mediocre armor/weapon that you easily can find better ones in game soon).

Honestly one of the reasons I bought it full price day 1. Gotta support games like this. Can't let them die off.

Top Bottom