• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Tom_Cody

I have a question about one of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 sets. Is this 76079-1 Ravager Attack supposed to correspond to this ship from the movie?

1KxZbAX.jpg

mljjWd0.png

I'm sort of confused because the Lego set comes with Taserface but Nebula is the one who pilots the craft in the movie. Also, the colors don't really match.

Haines

Banned
That creator vacation getaway set is 15 dollars off in Canada Amazon.

Super tempted but u really don't have 80 bucks to throw into a nother set right now.

Ponn

Banned
I have a question about one of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 sets. Is this 76079-1 Ravager Attack supposed to correspond to this ship from the movie?

1KxZbAX.jpg

mljjWd0.png

I'm sort of confused because the Lego set comes with Taserface but Nebula is the one who pilots the craft in the movie. Also, the colors don't really match.

Don't over think Lego sets based on movies, they are rarely accurate. Look up the Iron Man 3 Mandatin final battle set for reference and laughs.

So I just saw some TLBM new set rumors?! Surprised there is going to be one more wave though it looks small. Most importantly I saw Condiment King in one of the sets, thank you Lego.

Rumored figs
Egghead, Captain Boomerang?? Hugo Strange, Black Canary

Haines

Banned
Man you guys don't make it easy.

I have a soft spot for that beetle as it was my favorite car growing up.

My first car was a new 2003 convertible BE bug sundown orange with black leather interior.

Pimped it out with chrome rims and a steep system.

I can see why you guys are so high on that minifigure set. Looks to compliment other players so well.

Do you have links to your fav 2015 sets?

Man you guys don't make it easy.

I have a soft spot for that beetle as it was my favorite car growing up.

My first car was a new 2003 convertible BE bug sundown orange with black leather interior.

Pimped it out with chrome rims and a steep system.

I can see why you guys are so high on that minifigure set. Looks to compliment other players so well.

We are a bunch of filthy enablers in here. We have no shame about that.
But, we are also a loving bunch.

And yes, you need the VW Beetle. Fun fact: the same designer made the Blue Power Jet, VW Beetle, Ferrari, Vacation Getaways, and new Carousel. Mike Psiaki is a beast. He also had a hand in the new Saturn V rocket. If you built any of the sets mentioned above, you will recognize his influence on the Saturn V.

Hello all. Been some time since I posted in here. Was getting hardcore into Lego then the "I'm having a kid" announcement happened. Is there some new Lego Star Wars sets coming out soon? I've been checking Amazon lately for the Darth Vader creation scene and still havnt seen it.

Haines

Banned
We are a bunch of filthy enablers in here. We have no shame about that.
But, we are also a loving bunch.

And yes, you need the VW Beetle. Fun fact: the same designer made the Blue Power Jet, VW Beetle, Ferrari, Vacation Getaways, and new Carousel. Mike Psiaki is a beast. He also had a hand in the new Saturn V rocket. If you built any of the sets mentioned above, you will recognize his influence on the Saturn V.

Uh yeah. Those sets look gorgeous.

The lake side lodge and park people sets are 10 off as well at Wal-Mart.

Doing the lake side one up at my uncle's cottage one night this summer would be great.

Man I always used to walk past Lego and scoff at the price. But as soon you take a close look at the sets they have this magnetic pull on you.

I knew having a kid would get me back reliving all of the toys again lol

Markus

That creator vacation getaway set is 15 dollars off in Canada Amazon.

Super tempted but u really don't have 80 bucks to throw into a nother set right now.

You might be able to knock a few more bucks off the cost if you happen to find a Costco gift card (but not the type that's specifically for the purchase of a membership) on your local Kijiji. I've seen them going for around 80% of face value near me (Halifax) but they only show up every month or two

ghostmind

Hello all. Been some time since I posted in here. Was getting hardcore into Lego then the "I'm having a kid" announcement happened. Is there some new Lego Star Wars sets coming out soon? I've been checking Amazon lately for the Darth Vader creation scene and still havnt seen it.

The June sets (which includes the Vader Transformation set) are available at many retailers (such as TRU), but won't be up on S@H until June 1st.

We just had a leak of the upcoming sets from The Last Jedi, which will be available on September 1st.

And then there is the upcoming new UCS Millennium Falcon...

_Rob_

Finished off the Parisian Restaurant over the long weekend; what a fun build, I was especially impressed by the techniques with the roof. I still plan on getting the Palace Cinema, but I ended up going with the Detective's Office as my next set, should be here by this weekend!

Ryuuroden

Finished off the Parisian Restaurant over the long weekend; what a fun build, I was especially impressed by the techniques with the roof. I still plan on getting the Palace Cinema, but I ended up going with the Detective's Office as my next set, should be here by this weekend!

Glad the modulars turned out well for you.

I believe again in that new falcon UCS picture
SHOW US

Has anyone bought legos from Amazon warehouse? Just bought a used Spider-Man bridge for $46
Condition was acceptable but it states it comes with the box
Wonder what I'll get lol
Hype

SHOW US

Has anyone bought legos from Amazon warehouse? Judy bought a used Spider-Man bridge for $46
Wonder what I'll get lol
Hype

I've bought a few sets from there, a couple of large ones too. One came with a dented box and another with a slightly torn box. No other issues. (The plastic bags were still sealed for both sets.)

DonShula

SHOW US

Has anyone bought legos from Amazon warehouse? Just bought a used Spider-Man bridge for $46
Wonder what I'll get lol
Hype

Those are usually returns. As long as you don't want the box in perfect condition, you'll get a good deal.

Plum

Just finished the Saturn V and god damn is it impressive. The build was absolutely amazing and so is the finished product. It's probably my favorite build since I got back into Lego last year which, considering what I have built, is high praise. They really outdid themselves with that one.

Just finished the batwing (from lego batman movie) and I'm really impressed! I love the Harley Quinn mini figure.

jsZ6ZTxm.jpg

Also, please send help. I have only recently started to build legos and I'm addicted I have bought so many sets. Stop enabling! :p

In the pipeline I have: Capitol Building, Saturn V, ultimate batmobile, lowrider and I want to buy the tumbler.

SHOW US

Wonder what I'll get lol
Hype

I bought one thing there where I got no box and one instruction book and half the pieces were missing.

and tons of sets that were in perfect order.

1KxZbAX.jpg

mljjWd0.png

The ship in that screen cap appears to be the Milano, the big blue set.

UK: some decent deals on amazon.co.uk for Creator sets from pre-2017. Corner Deli for £16, and Lighthouse Point for £24. Both just over half price, lowest I've seen 'em anyway!

Few other bits too, but those were the highlights for me. Fun in the Park is £19 too.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
UK: some decent deals on amazon.co.uk for Creator sets from pre-2017. Corner Deli for £16, and Lighthouse Point for £24. Both just over half price, lowest I've seen 'em anyway!

Few other bits too, but those were the highlights for me. Fun in the Park is £19 too.
Seeing some Lego Batman Movie stuff there too but it rarely seems to be full price now anyway.

I picked up two of the Corner Delis last year- great sets for building or expanding your own modulars.

TheFuzz

Saw all of the new SW, Batman, and Spider-Man sets at Wal-Mart today.

It's gonna be torture waiting on the Batwing to drop in price. Looks so beefy.

Are there any investors here? Those that buy an extra one or two for a few years down the line?
Jugding by its popularity and the fact wetwired's Ecto-1 was around for ever, I think the Saturn V will be available until at least 2019.

Might do that for the new UCS Falcon
There's an old saying in finance: lightning never strikes twice in the same location. Just look at Pet Shop and the insane hoarding that took place-- you can still get it for RRP almost a year after it went OOP. There are better investment sets currently in circulation.

Top Bottom