• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 12 |OT| Mama, I'm Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Costanza legit disappeared. Dunno what happened to him. He was very active on Twitter and other stuff after the ban then he just went missing.

Wayward Sisters cast confirmed

We already knew the potential spin-off would center on Jody Mills (Kim Rhodes) and a group of troubled young women orphaned by supernatural tragedy, but now we have confirmation that Jody will be joined by Donna Hanscum (Briana Buckmaster), Claire (Kathryn Newton), and Alex (Katherine Ramdeen).

Furthermore, they announced new character Patience Turner (Clark Backo), “a high school over-achiever whose life is turned upside down when she discovers she’s a powerful psychic, a gift she inherited from her estranged grandmother, Missouri Moseley,” according to a press release. And yes, that means Moseley, a character from season 1 (played by Lorette Devine) will make an appearance in an upcoming episode

ZeoVGM

Banned
Holy crap, they're finally bringing back Missouri? That's amazing. (She's totally going to die, which will push her granddaughter into the hunting life.)

Holy crap, they're finally bringing back Missouri? That's amazing. (She's totally going to die, which will push her granddaughter into the hunting life.)

Talking about death

With Supernaturals penchant of killing the majority of the female regulars

Can we expect a "they killed kenny" situation with the main characters of the spin off

Like one of them dies but keeps being brought back because demons or something

Media

If she dies before smacking Dean on the head again for breaking his promise to come back and see her I'll be pissed.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Yeah, I don't remember this character at all.

She was in "Home," the episode before the season 1 mid-season finale. The brothers go back to their childhood home, which is now haunted by two spirits. One of them is their mother, who sacrifices herself to get rid of the evil spirit.

This character is a psychic their father knew and at the end, you find out that John was in town, at her house.

Saw some S1 clips on youtube...damn it's weird how Dean sounds in the early seasons.
Looks & sounds. Tbh it was over a decade ago but it's crazy rewatching the series and seeing them both slowly look & sound different.
It's like they're doing everything we ever dreamed they'd do with this spin-off and more. Seriously hyped here.

She's the psychic John went to after Azazel came and killed Mary. Sam and Dean met her when they dealt with the haunting in their old house.
Hooooooooooly shit! I forgot about her! Would be great to see her again, I liked her character.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
That comic con panel was hilarous.
Yes it was. Supernatural panels are alway's comic-con's highlight for me, they have so much fun on stage.
Poor Misha.

A link for the people who haven't watched it yet.

Kevin

It just sucks that all of the other CW shows not only gave us actual information on the new seasons but we also got new footage (Arrow for example). Supernatural panels barely gave us any information on the new season at all. Just a few scraps. Not even a mention of what fun episodes are planned for the year (other then the Scooby Doo one).

Although in the five minute season twelve recap video they did, I noticed that at then end of the video there
was a tarot card with a grim reaper on it. Perhaps a tease that Death is coming back in season 13...

Also intrigued by the Wayward Sisters spinoff.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Although in the five minute season twelve recap video they did, I noticed that at then end of the video there was a tarot card with a grim reaper on it. Perhaps a tease that Death is coming back in season 13...
deaths13y1p8a.png

Something-something "cosmic consequences"

This doesn't sound bad.

Outside of Claire being awful, primarily because of her actress.
[imp]http://abload.de/img/deaths13y1p8a.png[/img]

Something-something "cosmic consequences"
I hated that he got killed. S11 was great, but I took massive issue with the fact that Death was killed. When he was first introduced, I feel like he was pushed to be the opposite of God: if God was all Creation, then Death was, well, Death.

Then they kill him and bring in the Darkness, because the show has to be about siblings and family and Carver's terrible lore contributions.

This doesn't sound bad.

Outside of Claire being awful, primarily because of her actress.

I hated that he got killed. S11 was great, but I took massive issue with the fact that Death was killed. When he was first introduced, I feel like he was pushed to be the opposite of God: if God was all Creation, then Death was, well, Death.

Then they kill him and bring in the Darkness, because the show has to be about siblings and family and Carver's terrible lore contributions.
Ye I kept holding onto hope that he was pretending to be dead just to jump out and spoook Dean. But at this point it seems he is dead. What a super shitty way to kill him. When an Angel dies bright flashes of light and their wings are seared into the ground. When Death, one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful beings die...ash. Seriously? Even demons get a yellow glow before they die :/. IDR was there even lightning, thunder, or any kind of effect other than ash?

Ye I kept holding onto hope that he was pretending to be dead just to jump out and spoook Dean. But at this point it seems he is dead. What a super shitty way to kill him. When an Angel dies bright flashes of light and their wings are seared into the ground. When Death, one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful beings die...ash. Seriously? Even demons get a yellow glow before they die :/. IDR was there even lightning, thunder, or any kind of effect other than ash?
Will, it did unleash The Darkness. So there's that, at least.

Media

If Missouri dies from anything other than natural causes peacefully in her sleep I will fucking riot.

By myself. It'll be a shit riot, but it's the thought that counts.

Nope, it was removing the Mark of Cain that unleashed The Darkness. Killing Death had nothing to do with it and ended up having zero consequences.
Well, Billy went rogue and put a permanent stop to the Winchester's resurrections. Then got killed by Castiel.

But according to Carver, reapers could always go rogue WHICH WAS DUMB AS FUCK.
If Missouri dies from anything other than natural causes peacefully in her sleep I will fucking riot.

By myself. It'll be a shit riot, but it's the thought that counts.
She'll go out like that one psychic who got her eyes burnt out by Castiel.

Media

I always wondered why Cas never healed her. Are angels not able to heal the damage caused by someone seeing their true form?

That was back when Cas didn't have healing powers. I think he even said in that season that healing was beyond his power when Dean was in the hospital after the fight with his former torturer from hell. I can't remember that demons name ever because I always think Azazel.

After he got exploded by Lucy, and came back, Dean was like "You're back!" And Cas said something like "Even better." and healed him for the first time. I guess Chuck upgraded him when he brought him back.

That was back when Cas didn't have healing powers. I think he even said in that season that healing was beyond his power when Dean was in the hospital after the fight with his former torturer from hell. I can't remember that demons name ever because I always think Azazel.

I always remember him as the Marlon Brando Demon, but his name is Alastair.

Media

I always remember him as the Marlon Brando Demon, but his name is Alastair.

That's it. I tend to mix up named that have the same first letter or are similar. Like, I constantly mix up Soundgarden, Savage Garden and Stone Temple Pilots even though they are all totally different.

The Hobo

After he got exploded by Lucy, and came back, Dean was like "You're back!" And Cas said something like "Even better." and healed him for the first time. I guess Chuck upgraded him when he brought him back.

Cas tells Bobby that he can't heal his paralysis due to being cut off from the Host of Heaven after rebelling against the angels, which happened before Lucifer blew him up. So Cas had some form of healing before that.

Media

Cas tells Bobby that he can't heal his paralysis due to being cut off from the Host of Heaven after rebelling against the angels, which happened before Lucifer blew him up. So Cas had some form of healing before that.

Hm. It's been so damned long. Maybe he just wasn't allowed to heal, since he was "following orders guy" back then.

Or maybe the writers fucked up with continuity errors.

The Hobo

It does seem likely that he was only authorized to heal when necessary for the mission, which Castiel would have followed because, as you said, he was big on following Heaven's orders at that point.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Death was a great character, such a disappointing death.

Well, Billy went rogue and put a permanent stop to the Winchester's resurrections. Then got killed by Castiel.

But according to Carver, reapers could always go rogue WHICH WAS DUMB AS FUCK.
But, see, thanks to him, they're just stupid fucking angels anyway. So why can't any other angel just go ahead and undo the change Billie made?

But, see, thanks to him, they're just stupid fucking angels anyway. So why can't any other angel just go ahead and undo the change Billie made?
I really hate that they just made reapers into angels.

I really do. The idea of having different types of angels, much like demons, is cool. It's been built on very little, and I would love to build on it more, but that was a royally huge fuck-up. Is Dabb showrunning S13? Because I've really liked S12 partially because he's brought back a bunch of old lore that was introduced and never built on and then really building off of it (I dunno if there are any X-Men fans in here, but I've compared him to Mike Carey). I've just really enjoyed S12 because he's not trying to rush through and establish this plot and throw in a ton of extra lore and horrid retcons. Just looking at what's there and going "Hmmmmmmm we could use this...and this....and this..." I mean, he addressed yellow-eyed demons (didn't need it, but it's there). He addressed the Colt (seven years later). He had Sam and Dean finally defend themselves when they were blamed for fucking up the world. He brought back Nephilims (and hopefully the Anti-Christ kid from S5). Angel-killing bullets! He really made Supernatural feel like Supernatural to me again. And I really did enjoy the characterizations here. Didn't feel like any retreaded ground here.

Also that finale was so bonkers I couldn't help but love it.

Think we'll go back to S6/7 with what was basically a build up to Cthulu? Cthulunatural? I feel like with Lucifer imprisoned in an alternate timeline (showing the war between demons and angels) and Castiel and Crowley dead, that's basically an end to the angel/demon stuff. The MoL obviously aren't done, and the Nephilim's ability to fuck everything up royally could be cause to bring in some Old Ones.

To be honest, I'm a bit apprehensive about them going older and stronger again. That well has long bottomed out. We've gone from demon kings, to angels (who we know have been around since at least the Devonian, when animals first walked on land) to leviathans--God's first attempt at life--to the first curse, to God's older sister. Each time, older meant stronger. Like how much older do you want to get?

Media

To be honest, I'm a bit apprehensive about them going older and stronger again. That well has long bottomed out. We've gone from demon kings, to angels (who we know have been around since at least the Devonian, when animals first walked on land) to leviathans--God's first attempt at life--to the first curse, to God's older sister. Each time, older meant stronger. Like how much older do you want to get?

Jack is new at least, maybe he'll be the heaviest hitter.

We have Purgatory and other alternate dimensions yet.

Look, Gamble was building to Cthulu and I'm still salty that it didn't pan out.

God is just North Kai, we eventually meet Supreme Kai, Grand Kai, and the Omni King

Still making my way through but because my SO got into it im having to wait an watch it with her.
Episode 19 of Season 7, honestly with 6 and 7 I think im liking the filler episodes more than the main ones.

One thing im really enjoying is the occasional Japanese, etc monsters.
Pretty different and I like how different they are and their specific weaknesses(blessed katana, bamboo dagger, etc).

Edit:
Just got to
Meg's death
in S8, still love the show but elements are really starting to turn me off now.

Just finished binge watching season 12.I still LOVE this show. I want Mary and Castiel back for season thirteen. Crowley redeemed himself even though it was all for nothing in the end.

Kevin

Still making my way through but because my SO got into it im having to wait an watch it with her.
Episode 19 of Season 7, honestly with 6 and 7 I think im liking the filler episodes more than the main ones.

One thing im really enjoying is the occasional Japanese, etc monsters.
Pretty different and I like how different they are and their specific weaknesses(blessed katana, bamboo dagger, etc).

Edit:
Just got to
Meg's death
in S8, still love the show but elements are really starting to turn me off now.

The actor that played Meg wanted out due to her illness.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So this is interesting, due to how few actors have been a series regular on the show other than Jensen and Jared: Alexander Calvert has been upgraded to series regular status as Jack (Lucifer's son).

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/09/supernatural-alexander-calvert-series-regular-season-13/

EW can exclusively reveal that Alexander Calvert, who appeared briefly in the season 12 finale, will be a series regular for the show’s upcoming thirteenth season, in which he’ll reprise his role as Jack (better known as Lucifer’s son). But don’t expect Jack to be a younger version of Lucifer — he might be half angel, but he’s also half human.

“Born literally yesterday, Jack struggles to understand the world he’s brought into and the family that has taken him in (Sam and Dean Winchester) while he wrestles with his place in the world,” his character description reads. “Will he be good? Evil? Or something in between?”

The biggest takeaway? Sam and Dean decide to take Jack in.

Halfway through season 9, it really feels like the show just doesn't give a shit about Sam at all.
Honestly he is one of the least likeable characters imo.

The actor that played Meg wanted out due to her illness.

Thats fine but my problem is that it was a culmination of a multiple things like that also already having
Charlie's death
spoiled as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom