• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dunkirk |OT| You can practically see it from here...home.

- J - D -

Got tickets for tmrw. Really damn excited. I wanna see it in IMAX though so I'm sure I'll be seeing it again next weekend as well.

DJ88

Dammit, my local IMAX used to show Nolan movies in 70mm but now they just "upgraded" to Laser IMAX. It is the correct 1.43:1 ratio at least, but did they actually downgrade by going from film to digital?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
No idea weather to see it in 70mm IMAX or IMAX with laser.

Which is the bigger screen? What is recommended?

mdubs

Banned
Got my tickets booked for 70mm! Can't wait, the theatre is a bit of a drive but worth it for the Nolan magic

ATF487

Just bought tickets to the 70mm (film) showing near me for Friday

Would be nice to see it in an IMAX theatre, but all the ones I'd actually go to are Xenon ones. Plus this theatre is in walking distance and I can get reasonably priced booze so it's all good.

70mm imax Thursday. If nothing else this will be a gorgeous movie. But glad the impressions are really strong. And that prologue they released in front of rogue one was tense as fuck

Hype

Derp2Herp

Neo Member
4th largest city and they can't roll out laser here after fucking us out of the 1570 projector completely? Fuck IMAX and fuck Regal.

robotrock

Banned
I love going to the IMAX to watch a christopher nolan movie fill up the whole screen and have the audio hurt my ears. Can't wait.

DMczaf

Dreams do come true, Guzim

margot @DUNKIRK PREM‏ @THEMAZElSACODE

I MET MY IDOL. I WAITED 10 YEARS FOR THIS MOMENT. I MET CHRISTOPHER NOLAN GUYS OMGGG

One day we will get our moment...just make sure you bring our fan fic script for The Prestige 2

DE3sS8WW0AQBPca.jpg

manfestival

screw this, I was gonna go see imax in 70mm but there isnt one in the state of florida and laser is all the way south of the state. NAH
dolby digital it is for me

traveler

Not Wario
Hoping the leaner, more action oriented pace can curb some of Nolan's weaker scriptwriting tendencies and that scale of the action will make it easier for him to frame well than the action in the Batman movies.

Gonna be the movie of the year, calling it now.

Any of the past three weekend's (including this one) summer debuts is better than any single one of Nolan's movies, much less the best films of the year in the end in all likelihood. Would be legitimately shocked if Dunkirk is.

Zousi

Runtime being only 106 minutes is kinda nice. Let those be some intense minutes at that. Wednesday it is then.

Got mine at Edwards Irvine IMAX 70mm. I choosed letter K seats which is the the 4th row from the top. Hopefully that's not too high, but it's been almost 3 years since Interstellar so I don't remember the seats I got that time.

Anyways, just a few more days left until I start doing this again...
ec25db16d84b270dfeac1adfb33a2bdc.jpg

As mentioned in the other Dunkirk thread, I have two pairs of two tickets to the early screening of this movie in Indianapolis.

If you are interested in seeing this Tuesday, July 18 @ 7 PM (you'll want to get there extra early because these screenings are first come, first served) at a normal theater in Indianapolis (technically Carmel/Westfield), send me a PM and I'll email you my passes.

So annoying trying to get my friends to plan a movie, even on Tuesday when there are $5 tickets. So I decided to screw it for this one. Bought one ticket for the first showing on Thrusday dead center in the closest Imax theater. Not 70mm, but I don't think that even exists in Utah

Love all of Nolan's movies and this will be my first time seeing one in Imax, I'm pumped.

Blader

Seeing it Saturday. Still not sure if I want to regular non-laser IMAX or regular 70mm. And that chart doesn't make it any clearer!

Do I go for 70mm film non-IMAX or laser IMAX? Definitely leaning towards IMAX atm

I think laser IMAX is the best choice that isn't 70mm IMAX, but tbh I can't for the life of me decipher aspect ratios.

Top Bottom