• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs HD outed by Shopto? PS4/Xbox One/PC

Nabs

You know what fuck this. I'm just not gonna buy any of these fucking games until I KNOW the damn thing is not going to come out in another version. I'm in the middle of a fucking playthrough on PC and now what? What is this going to bring?

I guess I can now expect this for every damn game released ever. Good god man.

Probably nothing more than what you already have. Why are you stressing over it?

FLAguy954

Not sure how they can make the PC version look any better without a complete overhaul. Not like there's a shortage of resolutions or AA.

After playing Watch Dogs, playing Sleeping Dogs at max settings yesterday, and seeing the next round of current gen games, I can safely say that Sleeping Dogs looks like shit in comparison. A graphical overhaul will be more than welcomed.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Would buy again, damn all these ports over to the new consoles.

I would love Square to port over Deus Ex: Human Revolution before the next Deus Ex releases.

Basketball

So dumb there was nothing wrong with the last version and you can get it dirt cheap now

but hey publishers know that fools love to be parted with their money again and again and again and again

Day nothing

leng jai

What is with all these ports releasing at the back end of the year? Tomb Raider did it right, releasing early in the year when there was nothing coming out. Even The Last Of Us is too late - should have been out in June. Surely they already had these ports in the planned a long time ago so they should have had the foresight to release them in barren release quarters.

I still haven't played Sleeping Dogs because no matter how cheap it gets, when I click on the store page and see that enormous list of dlc I feel like I'm about to pay for a free to play game.

HT UK

Even though I love Sleeping Dogs, I'll probably pass on this like Tomb Raider PS4. Unless it offers some big improvements over the fantastic looking PC version.

60E9746F2297C33C8206DDF953F1E2EBB0EA44E3

531F9E81F1C3E024E9DCD5113FCD752373515C06

grumble

Is the gaming industry really so creatively bankrupt and risk averse that all we get are remakes of existing titles and endless sequels? What happened to creating new classics?

Some Nobody

I still haven't played Sleeping Dogs because no matter how cheap it gets, when I click on the store page and see that enormous list of dlc I feel like I'm about to pay for a free to play game.

LOL. I paid $20 for a copy of Sleeping Dogs at GameStop a couple months after it's release. I found every secret, got 38 out of 40 gold medals, enjoyed a robust story mode, completed tons of side quests, and explored a beautiful, well designed world. All without ever paying a single cent more than I gave GameStop the first time around.

What I'm saying is: They should make more free to play games like that.

Dead

well not really...yet
Well the game has a shit load of DLC (which I never played), so there's your PC version right there/

Corpekata

Banned
I imagine this will be like Metro Last Light on PC and barely have any reason to upgrade if you already had the DLC.

At least console gamers will have a shot at it though.

Good to know the resources are being poured into more HD remakes.

I love remasters but does every Tom, Dick and Harry of the gaming world have to be uprezzed?

Why not Hitman Absolution while you're at Squeenix?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

I love remasters but does every Tom, Dick and Harry of the gaming world have to be uprezzed?

I believe they will do something for Hitman. Imagine Blood Money with the new engine. :'s

Arttemis

If Sleeping Dogs, GTA5, TLoU, Zelda:WW, and Tomb Raider are 'every Tom, Dick, and Harry of the gaming world," then what are the other 99.9% of games called?

MUnited83

For you.
An HD-version for PC? uuuhhh

How much more "HD" can it get on PC with the HD texture pack?

Link's busted, good job.

Also how would an HD version for PC even work?

Already have the HD version on PC just give me the sequel please.

I'm going to go ahead and say that maybe the resolution is not the only difference and there will be updated models, textures and lightning engine?

If Sleeping Dogs, GTA5, TLoU, Zelda:WW, and Tomb Raider are 'every Tom, Dick, and Harry of the gaming world," then what are the other 99.9% of games called?

Jack & Jill, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, The Looney Toons, I don't know. I just don't feel that Sleeping Dogs is in the same quality as GTA5 or TLoU. I think those games are getting remakes simply because they came out so close the launches of the new consoles. Sleeping Dogs is alright but not GTA5

Here's a fun thought...how about Capcom remaster Resident Evil 6?! Come on, better graphics?

Son Of D

Was a GotY version ever released? Since that's the only thing I can think of for a HD Remaster on PC. Unless they're changing models that is (models that OG PC owners could probably mod in).

I'd assume there's a reason the site's banned; probably fake.

It's banned due to an old leak of debit card details. Which affected GAF members.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

You're not.

Buy the main game, then there are three story DLCs:

Nightmare in North Point is like a non-canon Halloween special. It spoils one or two plot points from the main game, though, so play it after the main story.
Zodiac Tournament is a side mission tribute to 70s kung fu movies
Year of the Snake is actually a short, canon standalone episode that takes place after the game's ending. The plot has nothing to do with the main story; it's just "here's another adventure with these characters."

Everything else is utter nonsense, though I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered buying the Drunken Fist fighting style.

Lyriell

This was a surprisingly fantastic game when i played it on PC. Ran 60fps with HD pack. I really would love another Sleeping dogs. It made a GTA clone feel fresh....

meppi

Fuck yes! I was just playing this last week on PS3.
Will gladly buy it on PS4 if it gets the Tomb Raider treatment! :)

iavi

Can't say I'm all that hyped, having played the PC version maxed out my first time through, but anything that gets this game more sales and the spotlight it deserves is a win.

If this means not-shitty-controls for the PC, I'm all for it.

???

I played through the majority of the game with m/kb and it played great.

LOL. I paid $20 for a copy of Sleeping Dogs at GameStop a couple months after it's release. I found every secret, got 38 out of 40 gold medals, enjoyed a robust story mode, completed tons of side quests, and explored a beautiful, well designed world. All without ever paying a single cent more than I gave GameStop the first time around.

What I'm saying is: They should make more free to play games like that.

Sounds like a good game. It's a shame that the first impression I get when I go to buy it digitally is an enormous list of dlc that mostly looks mediocre and overpriced.

Can't say I'm all that hyped, having played the PC version maxed out my first time through, but anything that gets this game more sales and the spotlight it deserves is a win.

???

I played through the majority of the game with m/kb and it played great.

I'm a lefty... as I use the arrow keys.

InsanityPrelude

Neo Member
Loved this game first time around and bought most of the DLC for it. Don't think I'd bother shelling out again for a slightly nicer looking version.

Top Bottom