• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

cackhyena

I don't know what I was hoping for with UI, but I'm not digging it. Looks like a newer skin slapped on the old shit. idk

emb

Yessss, season 1 and 2 characters. I initially didn't think they'd be there (not listed on the Amazon thing), glad to be wrong! I'll buy this now (assuming those characters are on disc, and there's not like a coupon for them or something).

jbug617

Banned
DLYT4T6UIAE6z7k.jpg

DLYT6TsUEAEc58X.jpg

DLYT8jnVAAIeB8V.jpg

Raimond

Ya they said they're not splitting the player base, and I'm happy they are sticking to that! Free update for existing players, but also easy entry point for the rest of us.

Allforce

I think this pretty much confirms Sagat and probably Sakura since it appears you go through an Arcade Mode that corresponds to characters from previous games.

Can't have a SFII arcade ladder without Sagat....

8bdb45f5e8bb125f29d091e0b6403915.png

Wonder how much it’ll cost me to get my original copy with no DLC at parity with this new AE. Betting it’ll be more than $40 lol

Tripon

Thank you for supporting Street Fighter V! As mentioned earlier, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be available on PS4 at retail or as a digital download on January 16, 2018. Please follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to be the first to learn of more details on Street Fighter V and Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition!

Steam/PC edition gonna be late.

I think this pretty much confirms Sagat and probably Sakura since it appears you go through an Arcade Mode that corresponds to characters from previous games.

Can't have a SFII arcade ladder without Sagat....

8bdb45f5e8bb125f29d091e0b6403915.png

not to mention Sagat being the final boss in the original Street Fighter...

Neoxon

day one SFV users will have none of this?
Again, read the description of the video.
Capcom said:
From the beginning, we promised that you’ll only need to purchase the original Street Fighter V, which we’re sticking to. All the new gameplay-related content – Arcade Mode, Extra Battle Mode, a second V-Trigger, the Gallery, and more – will be available as part of a free in-game update for current players!

kitzkozan

From the pictures I saw, Chun Li new v-trigger involve being able to use Kikosho as a v-trigger attack without draining ex meter so it's not a new super.

Top Bottom