• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imma let you finish but I think i found the weirdest gaming related video of all time

giphy.gif

Poor Bartleby, got made fun of because of his muscles. Its just like real life, this hit home. Solid 5/5

EDIT: Yep, this is exactly how I remember kindergarten being like.

Has anyone ever attempted at explaining what is it about Sonic that appeals to weird people ?
I can see a 10 pages long Polygon feature on the subject, with opinions from psychologists, psychiatrists, experts in cognitive behavioural therapy and criminologists.
Criminologists mostly.

As someone who finds alternate sexuality's fascinating I'll love an actual academic approach to this section of the Sonic fandom.

It's so widespread that there's so much there to view.

Blueingreen

What...I don't even..what did did I watch, what is this..how did you dig this up?
Why is the sonic fanbase so batshit insane?

Justinh

i knew it was sonic before clicking
Yeah, exactly this.
latest

I didn't expect that name to be real.
I gotta be honest here. I actually loved that that two-mouthed dude's name was Bartleby, and now that I learn that he's like... an actual Sonic character it kinda ruins it for me.

Small nitpick: It always bothers me when people get "quite" and "quiet" mixed up.

Oh my God, it just kept getting worse as it continued.

Luminaire

So I had a moment to reflect on myself, life, everything...

And I realize that...

I was wrong.

Sonic High School has nothing on this.

daTRUballin

So I finally got around to watching this video with some friends, and apparently the guy who made it has a whole fucking channel dedicated to this stuff.

Whatever you do, don't watch his other videos. They're MUCH worse. Seriously. Spare yourselves from watching them. I think they gave me cancer.

poodaddy

Gold Member
How serious the author of that....work....takes himself in the comment section is somehow more disconcerting than the actual horror scene of that video. Dude seems like he has a truly twisted perception of what a healthy relationship is.

Frimaire

How is sonic the #1 student in the class when he got 2 of the 3 questions he answered wrong?
Something's not adding up here, guys...

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Thank you GAF. I'm stressing the hell out here trying to study for a test and this has provided some much needed relief.

200.gif

Too good

So I finally got around to watching this video with some friends, and apparently the guy who made it has a whole fucking channel dedicated to this stuff.

Whatever you do, don't watch his other videos. They're MUCH worse. Seriously. Spare yourselves from watching them. I think they gave me cancer.

I actually disagree. There is such a comedic timing to them and they're edited well enough to the point that I have to think this a well-made troll against Sonic fans.

At the same time with how for years before doing videos he was just posting fan drawings makes it genuine. But it just too well done.

It's a fucking paradox.

Tansut

I'm dizzy off a mixture of laughter, confusion, and fear. A thousand questions prod at my mind like tiny needles.

Was Bartleby a new student or not?

Is the subplot of Bartleby's parents neglecting his education and well-being, despite being absurdly rich, a commentary on the elite not paying their fair share back to those in need?

Why is Sonic fucking fat?

The mind boggles.

L Thammy

Okay, I finally sat through this, and I actually want to marathon this guy's shit now. This has got to be up there with Tails Gets Trolled.

Whoever made this clearly has mastery over the art of subtlety. Without stating it outright, we see that Bartleby is more complex than he seems at the surface. It's obvious that his parents' negligence has left him without the means to properly express his emotions, and Sonic has come to understand the intention behind his actions.

It's a tragedy. Sonic receives Bartleby's abuse, and though he knows where it comes from, Sonic is still only a child himself. He can do nothing to stop it.

Also, that plot twist. Just when you let your guard down and you let yourself think that this is just a love story, it takes a dark and strange turn. This is love, but it's not easy, it's gritty and real.

Tamers12345 gets a gold star from me. The rest of you, see me after class.

keraj37

Okay, I finally sat through this, and I actually want to marathon this guy's shit now. This has got to be up there with Tails Gets Trolled.

Whoever made this clearly has mastery over the art of subtlety. Without stating it outright, we see that Bartleby is more complex than he seems at the surface. It's obvious that his parents' negligence has left him without the means to properly express his emotions, and Sonic has come to understand the intention behind his actions.

It's a tragedy. Sonic receives Bartleby's abuse, and though he knows where it comes from, Sonic is still only a child himself. He can do nothing to stop it.

Also, that plot twist. Just when you let your guard down and you let yourself think that this is just a love story, it takes a dark and strange turn. This is love, but it's not easy, it's gritty and real.

Tamers12345 gets a gold star from me. The rest of you, see me after class.

Are you a psychologist? Good deduction though.

Top Bottom