• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Sequel Announced [Japanese arcade-only update for now]

The fact that he has to take a lot of risks in general is something I'd enjoy more if his mixup/oki was better. I understand what you're saying because I've taken some really silly risks at times myself when playing Aki. Otherwise, I like the risk/reward situations he's put in. They just need to be toned down a bit so he can actually get more started. I'm curious about how you play now, though. We should play some time so I can see dat Aki in action (though I'd probably just stick with Liz against you).

FluxWaveZ

Summary of how Junpei works: http://pastebin.com/FUp1iKL5

New and clarified details from Stunedge:

Universal System
- recovery time after counter hit on air gets shorter for every characters (e.g. Naoto 5A anti-air, Yukiko 2B counter hit)
- AoA hit on air can be recovered very fast, no more guaranteed knockdown
- S hold system, holding A button for while will automatically activate some skill which is slightly different than the regular one (e.g. Yukiko will activate C maharagi with invul time

Shadow Mode
- everybody has shadow mode except for shadow labrys and Elizabeth
- all shadow characters attack lowered by x0.8 time compared to normal mode
- shadow berserk mode costs 100 meter
- shadow characters can activate awakening super anytime by spending 100 meter
- using super during shadow berserk mode will shorten the activation time a lot (you can pretty much only do 3~4 super)
- opponent can burst out during shadow berserk (unlike BBCP OD)
- all shadow characters have the same autocombo move from current version of P4U, not the new one

Shadow mode actually sounds pretty weak, or at least it'll be something that requires a much different playstyle.

More:

In addition to http://pastebin.com/j6eJnPxh

Yu
- 5C is backstep cancellable
- OTG 214B causes the knockdown, cause bounce on FC only, air 214B still causes bounce
- air 214AB causes knockdown
- 236D is chargeable, Yu can move while persona stands still charging, 5D>236D~
- SB cross-slash is really long in horizontal range

Chie
- meteor will totally disappear if you hit persona out, meteor now comes with much lesser fireballs
- 5Bch>2C>charge>~ confirmed
- AoA is much slower
- SB charge will charge up to Lv2 but with half-bar only

Yukiko
- the fire-bird move is not super, it's a regular move but can be only activated from fire-level 6
- fire-level now goes up to lv9
- SB booster levels up 3 level at once but with much longer overall recovery

Kanji
- removed 5B>2B, 5B>5C
- added 5B>AoA, 5C>dashcancel
- 236B follow up is slightly different and hard to hit on many situation (kanji jumps higher to attack)

Naoto
- 5D has lesser recovery, longer untechable time on hit
- bonus proration on Mudoon has removed, Mudoon startup is slower
- gun meter just shows the remaining bullets
- SB J236236AB does 236236A and 236236B at sametime, silence + fear + fate count 6
- during the combo, from the second time you use move that reduces fate count, it will all reduce count by only 1 (trap > trap in combo only reduces 4)

Mitsuru
- 5D and JD is still comboable, just with different way
- Droit looked same to me, maybe B one is shorter
- 5C dash/baclstep cancelable

Akihiko
- 2C causes knockdown+silence
- D lasts longer
- can not use the same move again during cyclone chain
- SB counter move gave you 40meter on success

Labrys
- SB red-axe beast, 4000dmg guaranteed in combo
- JB is faster, JA>JB works
- 2B is slower and harder to use during combo

Elizabeth
- SB dia has projectile invul. recovers so much life

S.lab
- turn persona to auto-block mode by holding D buttons for while
- can activate 2C, 8C and 5C from blockmode directly
- persona appears directly on wakeup (aka you can do wakeup punch super)
- can mash 2C during block (2C which was originally 8C)
- Axe 214A move has removed 1st hit, means 5B>214A is no more a guaranteed chain
- AAA does not give knockdown

PK Gaming

tumblr_mrsr7hXkwM1s9abodo1_500.jpg

Best. Comic. Ever.

Do you think Persona 5 have any chance of coming to the Vita and PS3?

Won't Atlus release PS3 and then release a portable version later as they have always done?

TreIII

We may not get a clear answer for a while, but I consider this to be more worthy of being a legit "update" than some of BB's updates in the last few years.

Still can't believe that Arc is working on effectively 3 projects at once, plus likely helping with the publishing duties for another party to get out their fighting game. Hope this doesn't backfire in the same way that Capcom's fighting game overload in the 90s did.

Top Bottom