• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

Sölf

The Danganronpa V3 Limited Edition Preorder is now available on the NISA US and EU store.

Not sure if I should buy it or not. And if I do, not sure if on Vita or PS 4, since I don't own the latter yet... xD

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's been up on the US store since December.

Originally, the Vita version of the LE was selling out much quicker, but after just checking, both are at the "26%-50% left" level.

I went with Vita since it's cheaper, it was selling out faster, & I prefer playing these VN style games on a handheld.

Killer Killer is over. It was bad.

The ending has to be taking the piss.
The main character gets her head cut off so cleanly that it lands in the exact same position so its like it was never severed?

That's beyond stupid. It's so stupid that it has to be on purpose.

The main character gets her head cut off so cleanly that it lands in the exact same position so its like it was never severed?

I know this is the manga where
an actual Mukuro clone army / worshipper sect
exists, but the whole ending was horrible. The second-to-last chapter didn't feel as contrived - and the less we acknowledge the blatant anime spoiler pages the better. It just brings bad memories of the DR3 final act.

It seems everything related to Danganronpa 3 was doomed to have awful resolutions.

GSR

Does Killer Killer have any connection to NDRV3 at all, or just the original trilogy? I haven't been keeping up with it.

As far as I know it has nothing to do with NDRV3. At the very least, I don't recall seeing anything related to it while playing NDRV3.

Lol

w h a t

any plot summary anywhere? got as far as (KK spoiler)
the mukuro clone army appearing
but no farther than that

Xenon84

Neo Member
It's only a major contention among people with bad taste

If by bad taste you mean less chaotic, sadistic and grotesque executions. Sure.
R.I.P. Ken.
Your 10,000 painful blows will be remembered.

But really, I most likely will be getting V3 on PC. Even though I got it on vita last time.

Permanently A

I just finished Killer Killer after suddenly remembering it exists. Whew, that ending gives no shits lol.

Lol

w h a t

any plot summary anywhere? got as far as (KK spoiler)
the mukuro clone army appearing
but no farther than that

Well after that, Killer Killer's childhood friend tries to kill Asano to make Hijihara stop killing. Future Foundation arrives to stop it and the friend gets away with a smoke bomb but left a locked necklace on Asano's neck. Then he does a livestream announcing he'll blow up the city and kill thousands unless Asano is killed within the 24 hour timelimit.
Asano asks Hijihara to kill her. He promises to, but then escapes with her. Its also revealed that Hijihara's friend became a murderer of serial killers as well. Various Future Foundation cameos occur including Tengen asking Asano what kind of person Hijihara is. Asano says he deserves to be loved and they have a cute moment. Tengen says he trusts them and allows Hijihara and Asano to get away, but not before slipping a bomb in Asano's pocket. Hijihara and Asano go to confront Hijihara's friend who is hiding in the locker where they first saw murder. Hijihara's friend is in love with him and hates Asano. After a grueling battle, Hijihara stabs himself to stab his friend who is choking him from behind. His friend blows himself up because he doesn't want Hijihara to kill more people. Asano's bracelet is still active. Hijihara cuts her neck so cleanly that the necklace comes off but she doesn't die. (LUL) Hijihara escapes with lethal wounds. Later Hijihara shows up at Asano's office and they basically elope. The end.

kewlmyc

I just finished Killer Killer after suddenly remembering it exists. Whew, that ending gives no shits lol.

Well after that, Killer Killer's childhood friend tries to kill Asano to make Hijihara stop killing. Future Foundation arrives to stop it and the friend gets away with a smoke bomb but left a locked necklace on Asano's neck. Then he does a livestream announcing he'll blow up the city and kill thousands unless Asano is killed within the 24 hour timelimit.
Asano asks Hijihara to kill her. He promises to, but then escapes with her. Its also revealed that Hijihara's friend became a murderer of serial killers as well. Various Future Foundation cameos occur including Tengen asking Asano what kind of person Hijihara is. Asano says he deserves to be loved and they have a cute moment. Tengen says he trusts them and allows Hijihara and Asano to get away, but not before slipping a bomb in Asano's pocket. Hijihara and Asano go to confront Hijihara's friend who is hiding in the locker where they first saw murder. Hijihara's friend is in love with him and hates Asano. After a grueling battle, Hijihara stabs himself to stab his friend who is choking him from behind. His friend blows himself up because he doesn't want Hijihara to kill more people. Asano's bracelet is still active. Hijihara cuts her neck so cleanly that the necklace comes off but she doesn't die. (LUL) Hijihara escapes with lethal wounds. Later Hijihara shows up at Asano's office and they basically elope. The end.

That sounds fucking stupid. So with this series, only pay attention to the main line games I guess...

Grexeno

*Goes into the fictional character death thread in OT*

*reads a bunch of Danganronpa 2 entries*

"Oh this one also is danganronpa let's.."

*sees 3"

wG4oaH9.gif

Anyone know if best buy or Amazon are getting the launch edition for the PS4?

Also, how did
the rest of the 77th class come back? They just magically wake up?And why in 2 the imposter looks like togami but in despair arc he is impersonating the animator dude?

And where can I read the novels?

PK Gaming

So one is calm and reserved in a stressful situation, while the other screams himself to sleep.

I identify with Hinata, but Makoto handled the situation better.

No, it's more like

One character is far more developed and realistic than the other

They're seemingly similar but Hajime is 100x better

Nachos

I saw an English trailer on Twitter. Does anyone know if the English VA's have been announced then?

YouTube version.

Only obvious one is Brian Beacock returning as Monokuma. The audio mix makes it really hard to tell exactly who's who. Gonta sounds kinda like Kaiji Tang, but I can't tell who he is. I'm also seeing people arguing over whether it's Bryce Papenbrook or Derek Stephen Prince voicing Ouma, but I don't think it's either of them.

Better just to wait until we have a direct feed of the gameplay, but the actors have usually come out about who they voice before the game comes out. Luckily, there's a demo on the show floor, so it shouldn't be that long.

EDIT: Welp. Tang's voiced three characters in the series now.

PK Gaming

YouTube version.

Only obvious one is Brian Beacock returning as Monokuma. The audio mix makes it really hard to tell exactly who's who. Gonta sounds kinda like Kaiji Tang, but I can't tell who he is. I'm also seeing people arguing over whether it's Bryce Papenbrook or Derek Stephen Prince voicing Ouma, but I don't think it's either of them.

Better just to wait until we have a direct feed of the gameplay, but the actors have usually come out about who they voice before the game comes out. Luckily, there's a demo on the show floor, so it shouldn't be that long.

EDIT: Welp. Tang's voiced three characters in the series now.

I got this

GOD'S EAR, ACTIVATE

Kaede: If the voice at the end is hers, then it's Erica Harlatcher
Miu: I think this is Wendee Lee
Himiko: Christine Marie Cabanos
Gonta: Obvious
Ryoma: Ben Disken
Kirumi: Kira Buckland for sure
Ouma: Bryce Papenbrook Apparently not...?
Tenko: Julie Ann Taylor, maybe

Can't discern the rest

ZPEay78.png

The voice actor reuse is real

Nachos

I got this

GOD'S EAR, ACTIVATE

Kaede: If the voice at the end is hers, then it's Erica Harlatcher
Miu: I think this is Wendee Lee
Himiko: Christine Marie Cabanos
Gonta: Obvious
Ryoma: Ben Disken
Kirumi: Kira Buckland for sure
Ouma: Bryce Papenbrook Apparently not...?
Tenko: Julie Ann Taylor, maybe

The voice actor reuse is real
Yeah, I was waiting for you to chime in with your ears. I picked up on the Miu/Himiko/Ryoma stuff, too, but the audio mix is such a wall of sound that I didn't want to say anything for certain. Especially when Bang Zoom has worked with a few voice actresses with similar ranges to her like Laura Post/Anne Yatco/Sara Cravens. But yeah, I think Harlacher's a lock for Kaede, though I don't mind that, when her regular voice is so much different from her Kyoko voice.

But then fans got so rabid that about the possibility of Bryce voicing Ouma that the lead localizer had to step in and say that he's not voicing the character. Not only that, but apparently the "Don't get emotional" line is also the real actor's, though some people who played the Japanese version are saying that it sounds like a line Korekiyo has. I dunno; he posted to the NISA forums to confirm everything, but the whole thread's been deleted. Either he mispoke and did as much damage control as he could, or he just isn't allowed to talk about the actors right now.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone watch the Danganronpa V3 English gameplay they showed during the PlayStation E3 2017 live stream earlier today? I skipped out on it completely, but it was cool they were showing it off.

Nachos

Anyone watch the Danganronpa V3 English gameplay they showed during the PlayStation E3 2017 live stream earlier today? I skipped out on it completely, but it was cool they were showing it off.

Link to the point when the segment starts. If anyone's avoiding spoilers, this is the English version of the Japanese demo, which is based on things that aren't actually in the full game.

The only thing is that the trial segment isn't voiced, so I don't know if they spent the money to dub the demo for a public release.

PK Gaming

That is awesome news!

Thinking back, the DR3 Future cast was overall pretty sweet. Were it a game I might have liked them better than the original cast on the whole.

DR3's cast was really good

At being terrible

If there was a competition for the worst group of individuals, they'd take first place without question

caliph95

Tbf to the cast they had no real character development or exploration except Juzo and an attempt at Yu narukami and Mitari and a waste with Sweet girl

Puruzi

Banned
I assume most of the weird shit in that game is from the bonus School Mode?

yeah that's bonus mode stuff

The DR1/DR2 trailers were similarly awkward sounding, so there's definitely a chance it'll play better when the game comes out

But man, I just can't get over the voice actor reuse

Ouma's(?) voice is straight up grating
Ouma's was the one I disliked the most lmao

Lusankya

What's Ouma's line in the trailer?

Kinda bummed all confirmed voice actors were already used in DR1/2/AE, even though I like them in general.

I hope we'll see at least some new actors.

Edit: Erika Harlacher as Kaede is fine though, she improved her acting quite a lot since she played Kyoko.

daevious

Kinda bummed all confirmed voice actors were already used in DR1/2/AE, even though I like them in general.

[MEGA SPOILERS FOR V3]
It's probably a money saving effort, given that they'd have to get the old cast to reprise their roles in the final trial anyhow.

Top Bottom