• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Down is Free to play, beta near PS4 Japan launch

QaaQer

Oh my God - has anyone here actually played a decent F2P game and not just read iOS horror stories?

Just go out and look at DOTA 2 - possibly the single best competitive multiplayer game on the planet right now and the only things you can buy are cosmetics which have no gameplay impact. And the game is still profitable as heck for Valve. It's the perfect F2P game and is horribly overlooked. Why people don't copy its model more is mind-boggling. If Capcom just follow their route, it'd be amazing.

Don't write off F2P as a knee-jerk reaction when it isn't all doom and gloom. Sure, Japanese devs don't have an amazing history with this sort of stuff but why instantly assume the worst?

public corporation vs private, Valve vs Capcom, GabeN vs Japanese gaming executives. But hey, if it is a dark souls f2p based on the Dota2 ethos, I'll be dancin!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
FTP can be ok, as it is in the case of some EA games I've played. It can also be garbage, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Dyno

Do you consider Diablo 2 a tech demo? Random dungeons =/= lack of content.

On it's own, you're right. Diablo II had cutscenes and dialogue to deliver a story. They also had a lot of overland assets to make it feel like you were travelling somewhere.

We haven't seen anything like that yet. Just a cave generator that it populates with monsters.

Do not know if this is the right thread:
Details to Beta are delayed to August and there is a new pic
Bt7e2PYCUAEfr9M.jpg:large

Gives Dark Souls Vibes as usual.

Source: Twitter

Flandy

∇NKNOWN SHΔPE;123586871 said:
deepdownps4.jpg

Gives Dark Sould Vibes as usual.

But how is your shape unknown?

Ratrat

∇NKNOWN SHΔPE;123586871 said:
Bt7e2PYCUAEfr9M.jpg:large

Gives Dark Souls Vibes as usual.
uh, source? link?

Percy

Banned
I forgot this even existed.

Then again, it's getting pretty easy to forget Capcom as a whole exists these days in general.

Top Bottom