• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Down is Free to play, beta near PS4 Japan launch

TheExodu5

Banned
People are too quick to dismiss F2P titles. Wait until we see the monetization model before making any rash judgements.

Ploid 3.0

A F2P game from Capcom, what could go wrong?

Yeah man, the things you buy will most likely be required unless you want to farm for 30 hours. The people that brought you fighter's alternate costume dlc that's already on the disk.

wapplew

Beta date is cool, F2p sucks...
Build an awesome engine and big production game just for a F2P game is quite....ambitious?

Kinda disappointing but I still have some faith in the game, everything I've seen about it from the graphics, gameplay, setting, music etc looks really cool. I'll give it a try at least, that's for sure.

TriGen

Well now I'll definitely try it. I was intrigued before, but it certainly had a chance of being something that I might let go by. Now I'll definitely give it a go.

That's why I'm a little unsure of my feelings on f2p. When it's a game that I'm definitely sold on and will buy day 1, I don't want it to be f2p. But stuff like this which I know I might not try at $60, it makes me kind of relieved. I feel that way about KI too.

Although, if I try it, love it, and then hate the payment model -- I'll be upset. So mixed emotions on f2p in general.

Vire

But the interesting twist is that Sony is behind it and this is one of the titles spearheading the launch of the PS4. I hope they won't let Capcom fuck it up. I'm nervous now.

What makes you think Sony is any better than Capcom when it comes to F2P?

Microtransactions out the ass. Yay.

Afrikan

im-not-sure-about-that-feel.jpg

many people say F2P games are bad.....I don't know how to feel.

Ryuuga

Banned
This can be good or bad depending on how it's handled. Though I expect it to be seen as primarily bad because F2P games can't be fun without forcing you to spend money on pay to win items or some similar idiotic preconception.

Well, the game looked awesome based on the Sony TGS stage demo with people who know hot to play it playing it, but I would still have needed to see more if I were going to buy it. At least now, I have no problem downloading it without seeing more footage. It'd be cool if there were an in-app purchase for like $20 or $30 that unlocks all the content for those that end up wanting a "full" experience.

But the interesting twist is that Sony is behind it and this is one of the titles spearheading the launch of the PS4. I hope they won't let Capcom fuck it up. I'm nervous now.

are we sure sony is helping them outside of getting their engine up and running on ps4 and such.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Makes sense. It's small scale and repetitive in nature, seems like the kind of thing that wouldn't do super well at retail.

ultrazilla

And now I'm worried.

Yeah, I really wish F2P would die already. In other words, to get anywhere "deep" in the game, (get it?) you'll have to buy a ton of armor, potions, weapons.........this will be a microtransaction nightmare IMHO.

$h@d0w

Makes sense. It's small scale and repetitive in nature, seems like the kind of thing that wouldn't do super well at retail.

Being F2P doesn't disqualify a retail release - PSO2 and Samurai & Dragons for Vita are both F2P but have retail releases.

Sajjaja

are we sure sony is helping them outside of getting their engine up and running on ps4 and such.

Have no clue honestly. Not much has been revealed to us.

What makes you think Sony is any better than Capcom when it comes to F2P?

Microtransactions out the ass. Yay.

DCUO was pretty well handled F2P, and I've heard the same with Planetside 2.

If Capcom has too much freedom, we're fucked for sure.

Top Bottom