• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex coming to SF V on March / PS3 sticks compatible.

gelf

With "PS3+4 sticks" that better mean direct input support in general. It'll be a shame if I have to resort to keymapping software for my Saturn pad. Talking PC version of course which is xinput only right now I believe.

Fucking hell man I just canecelled my $40 E3 promo copy from Amazon cause I didnt want to play on pad and now this.

Im actually really pissed off about this.

Per month is great .
Was going to used fight money to unlock the characters but bought the season pass .
Capcom needs all the money it can get for SFV.

One character a month? Either those characters have been in the works for longer than we thought, or those characters are going to be broooooken, or both. Fingers crossed.

Dizzy-4U

I assume the PS3 sticks will still need a DS4 connected, same as for SF4 on PS4?
I wonder if a usb hub would work on a PS4 so I can have the two controllers charging while still playing with the sticks. I hope Sony extends the controller sleep mode too.

Pachinko

So... how long does it take to obtain 100k Fight Money?

Well in beta 3/4 you earned about 100 fight money for an online win so .... 1000 wins in multiplayer which is probably 3500 minutes of play best case scenario (not counting fail challenge rewards).

So the games economy seems willing pay you 10 cents a hour to keep playing as long as you're winning. I actually don't think that's too bad really and , again, doesn't count how much you'll likely earn from clearing single player content or daily/weekly/monthly challenges. Factor that in and Capcom probably wants you to just turn the game on for an hour a day maybe 20 times a month.

Figured the characters would come out at a relatively fast clip because all 6 would be out by the end of the year, but once a month is awesome.

J0dy77

I was excited before but this puts me over the top. I was going to cancel if I couldn't use a PS3 stick. I might have to customize my stick while I wait for amazon to ship my copy.

Zerojul

100.000FM is a bit crazy, I bet daily challenges will help in that regard but still... I'm planning to buy them anyway, don't have enough free time to grind.
Oh, and glad to be able to use my OG TE again.

I'm gonna grind fight money to see how doable it is, and if it doesn't seem likely then I'll probably have to buy the season pass.

Ploid 3.0

Oh my gosh, I like new characters being added to games. It's awesome in Marvel Heroes, and in Heroes of the Storm. I especially like that I can unlock them by playing the game, especially if I really like to play the game. Win win, well unless it require an unreasonable amount of fight money to unlock them.

Gonna need to see the receipts on the PS3 stick compatibility. That's a big deal for me and the driving reason why I'm not getting the console version.

Need official confirmation.

Moaradin

I had over 30,000 fight money in the last beta and that was over 3 days... So 100,000 doesn't seem too crazy for me.

Especially with the daily challenges.

Number45

Maybe, maybe not. Didn't skullgirls or mkx not require one connected? I remember reading it wasn't implemented into sf4 properly.
Great if that's the case, it was a pain having to have a wired DS4 sitting there while playing. I didn't play either of the others so I'm not sure how it worked with those.

I'd been meaning to sell my PS3 (TE) stick, but conveniently it's languishing right underneath the PS4.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So they'll probably take a few months "break" (working on characters and probably other DLC like alts and backgrounds) between this season and then start up with a new character a month next year.

Or what do you think?

Guymelef

PS3 controllers authentication option
jZd06f0.png

mv6dP0j.png

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Wait..PS3 sticks are compatible?!?!

GOD IS REAL.

Thank you Capcom. ;_;

Devil

Shouldn't this be marked a rumour? Also, I thought it was already confirmed that they will put out a new character every _two_ months, no?

Top Bottom