• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

kasane

I really want to keep reading grand blue but after 20something chapters their shtick is getting old and the story isnt moving too much. I guess its the nature of the genre but still

smds8fr.jpg

I probably should have added more shoujo flowers

How does Mikoshiba do it?

Also, totally not sure if this is the right character lol

My first time on the list, higher than expected. In the previous thread I'm pretty sure I was barely into double digits, lol.

mdubs

Banned
Alright my dudes, it's prediction time!

Which series do you think that Viz's Weekly Shonen Jump will pick up?
12b6bc8a50.jpg

We Never Learn
U19
Demon Prince Poro's Diaries
Hungry Marie
Dr. Stone
Robot x Lazerbeam

Quote this post with your picks

MCD

While I loved Beelzebub...he really isn't trying with Hungry Marie's character designs. Fucking copy pasta.

We Never Learn
U19
Hungry Marie
Dr. Stone
Robot x Lazerbeam

I'd like to see Dr. Stone turn out alright. I loved Eyeshield 21.

Droplet

Dr. Stone and the Demon Prince thing have interesting character designs so I'm going to guess those will either do well or crash and burn super fast.

cntr

Banned
I can get behind Dr. Stone and Hungry Marie, those are going to be dope. U19 and Robot x Lazerbeam have the potential to be cool, but we'll have to see. Demon Prince...maaaybe, if the dialogue is funny.

We Never Learn is going to be shit.

cntr

Banned
Oh god, I just realized.

The main character in Robot x Lazerbeam is going to have laser golfing as his superpower, isn't he?

kasane

Pls no kuroko no basketshit

Im a firm hater of that work, dont mention it in my pressence. That shit and the fujoshit fans of that work set back basketball mangas to shit tier when a masterpiece like ' Real' is widely ignored.

It might be an exxageration but yeah.

kasane

gosu 73

The art is just so phenomenal this is how battle manga/webtoons should be.

flowers of evil 1-26

Just finished this dont read this shit. Waste of time. Smut with a story that tried to take itself seriously while falling flat in its owm face

Revo

Demon Prince kid at a glance looks way too much like deku for my taste.

and here's too beelzebub guy getting through. even if it gets axed early i'm still anticipating a good 30 chapters of fun

I havent beem following jump lately

Whats on the horizon for them anyway

Six new mangas are being added to the magazine for the next 6 weeks.
Week 1 (This Monday): We Can't Study (Romance, Comedy) by Fukashigi Philia + Espirt's Mangaka.
Week 2: U19 (Action) by a newcomer (did two oneshots for Jump)
Week 3: Poro no Ryuugakuki (Action) by another newcomer (did one oneshot for Jump)
Week 4: Harapeko no Marie (Action, Comedy, Romance) by Beelzeebub's Mangaka
Week 5: Dr. Stone (Adventure, Sci-fi) by Boichi and Eyeshield 21's writter.
Week 6: Robot x Laserbeam (Sports, Golf to be exact) by Kuroko no Basket's Mangka.

12b6bc8a50.jpg

We Never Learn
U19
Hungry Marie
Dr. Stone
Robot x Lazerbeam

We Never Learn
Hungry Marie/U19
Dr Stone

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

12b6bc8a50.jpg

We Never Learn
U19
Hungry Marie
Dr. Stone
Robot x Lazerbeam

Dr. Stone
We never learn
Hungry Marie

Also I'll go one step further

We never learn: viz picks it up to have a romcom, it gets canned

U19/Hungry Marie: one of these will survive, one of these will die, viz picks up the wrong one

Demon Prince Poro's Diaries: viz won't pick this up, likely gets canned

Dr. Stone: viz picks this up and it does well

Robot x Lazerbeam: viz won't pick this up, it does well and viz picks it up down the road ala haikyuu

upandaway

Also I'll go one step further

We never learn: viz picks it up to have a romcom, it gets canned

U19/Hungry Marie: one of these will survive, one of these will die, viz picks up the wrong one

Demon Prince Poro's Diaries: viz won't pick this up, likely gets canned

Dr. Stone: viz picks this up and it does well

Robot x Lazerbeam: viz won't pick this up, it does well and viz picks it up down the road ala haikyuu
So little faith :(

Kingdom 505

Yontawa the Lord of Death <3

Shoukoku no Altair 89

Ah there is already politics scheming even during the climax of the war.

It doesnt look that goos when there is discord among Turkey ranks.

To you, The Immortal 10-11

;___________;

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch496

SHouldn't have pushed her off that path.

Kingdom ch505

Such hype! Yotanwa is too good.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch20

Crisis averted for now.

Hungry Joker 1-24/End
.....that was quite horrible, and that's with me not adding the absolutely horrid handling of the axed ending. The characters were unlikable, the story was boring and everything but the art felt completely flat and dreadful to deal with. It makes the mangkas current work Black Clover (which I don't particularly like, way too sterile/market tested feeling) feel like a great manga in comparison.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 20

tleOklJ.png

Being stomped on by Chloe is currently a more appealing prospect than hooking up with either of the two main girls. Fortunately that particular dilemma seems to have been pushed onto the back burner for a while. Male primates gonna male primate.

Hungry Joker 1-24/End
.....that was quite horrible, and that's with me not adding the absolutely horrid handling of the axed ending. The characters were unlikable, the story was boring and everything but the art felt completely flat and dreadful to deal with. It makes the mangkas current work Black Clover (which I don't particularly like, way too sterile/market tested feeling) feel like a great manga in comparison.

I mean black clover is pandering to the market and its a hit so I guess the man made the right choice :X

Because I hate myself, I'm going through various Jump series's that all got axed in 3 or less volumes. So far, most of them suck and no not just from their rushed axed endings. Those that die early deaths tend to for good reasons.

Hungry Joker 1-24/End

Such an interesting premise thrown to waste.

To you, The Immortal Ch11: I'm really enjoying this story, though feeling a little heartless that none of it really made me sad. Looking forward to where we go and what he learns next.

Clockwork Planet Ch27: So the foul mouthed geezer is now a foul mouthed stripper?

Tomo-Chan Ch497: So is Misuzu's plan
To make herself and Tomo into better people using Jun. I mean from what it seems Misuzu finds herself to be not very girly and not very nice, and is using that as a pretext behind helping tomo, be more girly?

Alice in Borderland 59

I REALLY like the way they resolved the cliffhanger from the last chapter. If all the shit about the future and advanced civilization was true, most people would be disappointed considering how focused the MC was on the answer and how important it was to the manga. But the way the Queen handled it really showed why it's a Heart challenge, because in the end? Her answer does not matter. She used his thirst for knowledge to create the trap. If he had simply played all 3 games without asking he would've won effortlessly and that would've been it. She even puts him off in the first round which creates the temptation to ask all the greater. The game is basically playing him against himself.

Her subsequent fake, made-up answers with "or something like that" on each page really drove home her mind-fuckery about how there is no answer and it really doesn't matter if she actually knows the answer or not. It's capped off delightfully with the Queen revealing:

It was her who set up the Heart game that killed all of Arisu's friends. Which of course sends him into a blind rage, but also lets him think back to the rules of the game; though it seems obvious in retrospect, the fact that weapons were allowed and that one needs to play three full sets of the game (which can't happen if the Queen dies before the end of the game) means that he figured out what the real challenge of the game was.

Really really good chapter heading into the end game here. We're probably never going to get an answer to what the Borderlands is or why it is, as I'm predicting the manga will end without answering it. I imagine the answer is something that would convince people to become administrators but even then it honestly can't live up to what the manga has set it up as.

Tomo-tomo #Tomo

Hrmmmm. I see this being one of two thing:

1. Mizusu tried to make Tomo attempt something that would fail so that she wouldn't go out with Jun and they would become closer friends bonding over things that normally Tomo would never do.

2. LESSSSSBBIIIIIIAAAANNNNNSSSSS.

Either is a perfectly acceptable option.

Fujimi Lovers 10

Aw yesssssssssss.

Gets reincarnated into a world where his love is a dude, decides it doesn't matter and Hasebe is the one he loves no matter what. Awesome.

Kingdom Ch504-505: I have a feeling that this next battle is going to be bloody. Let's see how the Mountain people and the Hi Shin unit slaughter them.

Fancolors

12b6bc8a50.jpg

We Never Learn
U19
Hungry Marie
Dr. Stone
Robot x Lazerbeam

We Never Learn
Hungry Marie
Robot x Lazerbeam(the fujoshi dream never dies)

12b6bc8a50.jpg

We Never Learn
U19
Hungry Marie
Dr. Stone
Robot x Lazerbeam

Im hoping for Demon Prince Poro since I like the MC a lot, but thats probably a dead dream.

Its going to be

We never learn
Dr.Stone
Hungry Marie

Maybe RobotxLazerbram

Top Bottom