• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

This book is huge though I'm stoked that the OST is 3 discs:

E696DCD5-E7B6-4FCB-8DA2-23C09E024F0B_zpshw8cm80u.jpg

bluethree

My soundtrack should be arriving tomorrow. I got the artbook this month too. I think this is the first game in a *long* time where I've gone full out fanboy and buying a lot of related merchandise. Hell, I even paid for the DLC costumes, and I *never* do that.

How did you guys buy your copies? I got a cheap used copy of the P4 Reincarnation cd a few weeks ago on Amazon and I think I made a mistake.
I want to eventually get the P5 cd and possibly the p3 and p4 soundtracks so I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

bluethree

Well I live in Japan, so for the artbook I literally just walked down the street to the nearest bookstore and picked it up :p I got the OST from Amazon Japan - back when I lived in the states they were good for getting Japanese stuff although shipping can be expensive.

No restrictions on shipping CDs or artbooks too.

Yeah I used Amazon US which probably wasn't the best idea >.>; I mean I'll see when it gets here but I've got the feeling I should have used JP.

Do I need a separate account for that or can I just use my normal one?

How did you guys buy your copies? I got a cheap used copy of the P4 Reincarnation cd a few weeks ago on Amazon and I think I made a mistake.
I want to eventually get the P5 cd and possibly the p3 and p4 soundtracks so I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Amazon Japan.

They ship worldwide and are really fast. My stuff shipped out on the 17th and arrived today (18th). I live in California.

And you can sign in with you Amazon account and just fill in your address. Nothing to it.

This is how Amazon Japan shipped it (they used a box that was the same size as the cardboard used in the shrink-wrap):
EF13CFD0-B22E-495B-B869-E224D3033AA8_zpssogzcc8i.jpg

Lynx_7

Thanks for the links Makio, kinda funny to compare the official lyrics to the misheard lyrics.
I'm refraining from listening to any more of the OST than I already have though. So close, yet so far away.

Dantis

Like my art book, my OST has been delayed because Amazon JP sent it to the fucking address again.

Also the chorus in the boss theme is magnificent. Really, really strong.

I complained about my cd not being here yet, and then it comes in today :) looks to be in great condition, though the paranoid part of me noted that there's a rental sticker on the disc and now I'm worried it was 'stolen' >.>;

bluethree

I complained about my cd not being here yet, and then it comes in today :) looks to be in great condition, though the paranoid part of me noted that there's a rental sticker on the disc and now I'm worried it was 'stolen' >.>;

Why would it be? I live near a Tsutaya here in Japan and they sometimes sell off old rental CDs.

Why would it be? I live near a Tsutaya here in Japan and they sometimes sell off old rental CDs.

Yeah I figured it was probably something like that....hence me saying the 'paranoid' part of me. The logical side said "A store probably closed, or needed to make inventory space so they sold it."

Nah, it's probably fine. After all, I've been to a couple of Book-Offs here in both California and in New York and laughed when I saw that many of the traded-in games were used games from Gamestop, complete with the generic covers when the games had no original cases.

Also reminds me of a oop book I got from a Japanese seller off Amazon not too long ago. Book was in perfect condition despite being oop for 3 years.

Can't wait for the Persona 5 Reincarnation albums, man. Some of the rearrangements on Persona 3/4 Reincarnated miss, but the ones that hit REALLY hit.

Speaking of Meguro, I honestly feel like Bloody Destiny (PSP version of P1) is one of the most underrated boss themes in the series. It's soooo good. Also love the Quest Boss Battle theme from PSP version of P2: IS which we never got (Quest Mode, that is).

The game's OST is one of the things I'm most looking forward to about P5 (been soooo long since the last Meguro game soundtrack) so will stay away from spoiling myself on it. Glad to hear good reports about it though.

Makio

Guess I'm the only one who hasn't heard any Persona 5 songs...

That's is for the better , the songs work better if listen it first in the game context, for myself i cant help it i need that music as soon it comes out been listening to the soundtrack since September (thanks to leaks) and still love it.

For example, the Reincarnation version of "Deep Breath Deep Breath". So much better than the version in-game.

So good that is the version they actually use in the concerts , plus always a great moment when they performed it in those.

Speaking of Meguro, I honestly feel like Bloody Destiny (PSP version of P1) is one of the most underrated boss themes in the series.

I'm always think people overlook the soundtrack for Persona PSP and not give the love it deserves because they always compared to it the PSOne OST (which not bad but cant get into it like the PSP one) , plus Meguro went kinda "lazy" in those and all the songs are like 30-40 seconds loops , but still think they got great songs in there Dream of Butterfly ,Bloody Destiny , A Lone Prayer is great despite the intro is too long for a battle theme and School Days is one of those songs i can listen everyday , all time and cant get tired of it.

Mediking

That's is for the better , the songs work better if listen it first in the game context, for myself i cant help it i need that music as soon it comes out been listening to the soundtrack since September (thanks to leaks) and still love it.

Hahah yeah. I can't bring myself to listen to P5 songs before playing the game. BUT! I bet they all sound amazing and super good so I'm kinda jealous of you guys for listening to the soundtrack.

Speaking of songs..... Persona 4 Dancing All Night on Vita has a super good soundtrack. Your Affection Remix and Now I Know and Heaven are great.

I never liked Junes. Junes is the most overrated Persona song. Everytime Nanako sings it in P4G... Song was trash in P4G and the remix in Dancing All Night is bad too.

DNAbro

Hahah yeah. I can't bring myself to listen to P5 songs before playing the game. BUT! I bet they all sound amazing and super good so I'm kinda jealous of you guys for listening to the soundtrack.

Speaking of songs..... Persona 4 Dancing All Night on Vita has a super good soundtrack. Your Affection Remix and Now I Know and Heaven are great.

I never liked Junes. Junes is the most overrated Persona song. Everytime Nanako sings it in P4G... Song was trash in P4G and the remix in Dancing All Night is bad too.

I don't think anyone rated it that highly. The full song is DAN is awful.

Mediking

Who are some of your favorite artists that you would love to see design a Persona character for either an actual game or fanart?

One of my favorite artists is Takeshi Obata. The man behind so many great manga. I would pretty much die inside and buy several artbooks if he ever designed any Persona art. Obata is really good at making his characters look super expressive from demonic to laidback. Just check out this:

Code:
[IMG]http://comicsalliance.com/files/2016/04/blanc-et-noir-feat.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89[/IMG]

^ From Death Note.

Code:
[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/34/71/e3/3471e34e08288acecef29cbd01001860.jpg[/IMG]

^ From Hello Baby.

Code:
[IMG]http://illustratorslounge.com/wp-content/uploads/takeshi-obata-02.jpg[/IMG]

^ From my favorite manga of all time... Bakuman.

Code:
[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a5/66/d9/a566d93da4b6ec63c5c3b35cf76dbb08.jpg[/IMG]

^ Don't know which manga is this from but it does make me think that a samurai setting Persona would be cool.

Sorry if this is too image heavy or appears to be an excuse to post Obata art! Haha

Dantis

INTERESTING DISCOVERY: My P5 soundtrack arrived. Guess what? Meguro uses real string sections in Last Surprise and Regret on the P5 soundtrack.

It's about time.

Mediking

Holy fucking shit. I'd only heard of Death Note out of those, and that Hello Baby art looks A MA ZING. Add an Obata-designed Persona game to my bucket list

:) Yeah! Dig into Obata's stuff. The man is talented like crazy. I would pay him money to draw Minato. Lol

Huh, I didn't know Bakuman and Death Note had the same mangaka.

Mhm! Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba have created other manga together besides Death Note. Obata is super skilled at art and Ohba is super skilled at character writing. They pretty much have social links in their stories with how characters develop together and stuff.

Setsu00

Obata's art is amazing, but Ohba's writing is certainly questionable at times. I stopped reading Bakuman sometime after vol.10, but I don't think Ohba ever wrote a good female character and I dislike what little I've seen of Platinum End. It's comically dark in a way that completely pulls me out of the story.

Yeah, I'm gonna need that Catherine dlc.
It's a good thing I'm always so busy, if I had any time to think about the game the wait would be even harder. One of my most anticipated games in my almost 30 years of gaming.

Mediking

Obata's art is amazing, but Ohba's writing is certainly questionable at times. I stopped reading Bakuman sometime after vol.10, but I don't think Ohba ever wrote a good female character and I dislike what little I've seen of Platinum End. It's comically dark in a way that completely pulls me out of the story.

You should finish Bakuman. It isn't my favorite manga for nothing. A special manga that highlights how Shonen Jump works while having original and interesting characters. Bakuman pretty much explains how Death Note was born. Comments on how battle manga like Naruto and Bleach (i love ya, Bleach!) is popular. Also talks about Shojo manga and.... lmao I'll shut up.

Platinum End? Lol I was just about to start that.

!!!! Sorry for bringing up manga in here.

Word. I personally think the P4 Reincarnation stuff is weaker overall, but the P3 stuff... oh lordy lord.

For example, the Reincarnation version of "Deep Breath Deep Breath". So much better than the version in-game.

Deep Breath, Deep Breath was such a departure from the original and man is it a strong rearrangement. I agree, while I like a lot of the P4 Reincarnation music, there are only a few standouts, to where I feel like they were more willing to experiment with some of the tracks on the P3 Reincarnation album more.

Just saw Atlus USA's Kaguya DLC trailer, and Xander Mobus' Phantom is starting to have some kind of presence to me.

It's like a middle ground between Matt Mercer and Liam O'Brien, which is a pretty good fit. A bit on the old-sounding side for the character, but not jarringly deep and booming like the JP version.

Strimei

Just saw Atlus USA's Kaguya DLC trailer, and Xander Mobus' Phantom is starting to have some kind of presence to me.

It's like a middle ground between Matt Mercer and Liam O'Brien, which is a pretty good fit. A bit on the old-sounding side for the character, but not jarringly deep and booming like the JP version.

Kaguya DLC trailer? I'm not seeing it unless its under a different name (I'm also searching very very carefully due to spoilers)

Strimei

https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/824070946193481729 All their DLC trailers have just been on their twitter account so far.

Oh its from today. Was checking Persona Central's youtube page for it and not there yet, hence my confusion.

Huh, I follow their twitter page, wonder why I didn't see it...actually I know probably why, I follow too many people as is and its easy to miss stuff, I suppose. How do some people manage following thousands of people?

Anyway, I was going to ignore the Persona-DLC but Kaguya is one of my absolute favorites so...tempting.

Also I still think its an absolutely bewildering misstep by Atlus to only have costume DLC and not have any in-game costumes. I mean for pete's sake, P4G had oodles of outfit choices. You'd think a game with masked thieves, they'd go nuts.

Mediking

Oh its from today. Was checking Persona Central's youtube page for it and not there yet, hence my confusion.

Huh, I follow their twitter page, wonder why I didn't see it...actually I know probably why, I follow too many people as is and its easy to miss stuff, I suppose. How do some people manage following thousands of people?

Anyway, I was going to ignore the Persona-DLC but Kaguya is one of my absolute favorites so...tempting.

Also I still think its an absolutely bewildering misstep by Atlus to only have costume DLC and not have any in-game costumes. I mean for pete's sake, P4G had oodles of outfit choices. You'd think a game with masked thieves, they'd go nuts.

?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

SAY THAT AGAIN?!

No in game outfits...??????

Top Bottom