• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think a bug may have crawled into my ear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nesting_Earwig_Chester_UK_2.jpg

This is happening in your head right now.

J-Rod

One night I heard a weird noise like a bird flapping its wings next to my head. Then I felt a tickle that started around my ear and moved across my face. I jumped up, turned on the light, and there was a giant cockroach in my bed that had been crawling on my face. Took me two weeks to sleep peacefully again.

Mudkips

Banned
I saw one of them "Untold Stories of the ER" and this guy was brought in screaming in terror.
He was conscious, but he wasn't responding to them.

Every few minutes he would burst out into a shrieking fit, and then stop.

They were just about to put him out of his misery when they noticed that there was blood dripping from his ear. A bug exactly like the one in the OP had crawled into his ear and was biting, clawing, and tearing at his eardrum. He was paralyzed with fear for hours upon hours, in excruciating pain.

They tried to pull the bug out but it only burrowed deeper into his ear. Eventually it got to his brain and laid eggs in there. He contracted some sort of fever and died after months of agony. Either that or they were able to pull it out and he was immediately better. I forget which.

(._.)

Banned
(._.), did you go to the hospital last night?

Need status update

yes, well I called my doctors office just to see if anybody was there and they actually have have an overnight staff which I often forget they have. just one doctor and a couple nurses. When I called, the woman that answered the phone made me feel like one of those idiots that constantly goes to the doctor whenever the slightest thing unsettles them. Why would I wait till morning for something like this? couldn't it crawl further? Yea, a bug crawls into your ear and you don't have a roommate so nobody can get it out for you at 1 am... what would you do woman? yea shut the fuck up. Maybe it was just me but it felt like she was downgrading me.

Anyways went there and I was in and out in like 15 minutes. Doctor used one of those scope things to look and said there was one in my ear. Man that made me want to faint !_!

All he did was use a lot of ear drops then was able to slowly get it out by spreading my ear and using tweezers. I could hear it when he started messing with it. fucked up and I don't really wanna talk about it anymore lmao :[

got home at like 2:20 and went to bed. woke up at 12 am still freaked but I'm ok now. think I'm going to be charged for the doctor too, damn...

Mudkips

Banned
yes, well I called my doctors office just to see if anybody was there and they actually have have an overnight staff which I often forget they have. just one doctor and a couple nurses. When I called, the woman that answered the phone made me feel like one of those idiots that constantly goes to the doctor whenever the slightest thing unsettles them. Why would I wait till morning for something like this? couldn't it crawl further? Yea, a bug crawls into your ear and you don't have a roommate so nobody can get it out for you at 1 am... what would you do woman? yea shut the fuck up. Maybe it was just me but it felt like she was downgrading me.

Anyways went there and I was in and out in like 15 minutes. Doctor used one of those scope things to look and said there was one in my ear. Man that made me want to faint !_!

All he did was use a lot of ear drops then was able to slowly get it out by spreading my ear and using tweezers. I could hear it when he started messing with it. fucked up and I don't really wanna talk about it anymore lmao :[

got home at like 2:20 and went to bed. woke up at 12 am still freaked but I'm ok now. think I'm going to be charged for the doctor too, damn...

Should have taken the bug and slapped it on the front desk for that nurse.
And then knocked over a magazine rack on your way out.

Sofo

Glad you're ok! That sounds so scary ): I always sleep with my duvet covering my ears. I just can't sleep without that. It's not because of the bugs or sound, just can't sleep if I have that area uncovered, kinda weird.

DJ88

quit complaining on a FORUM and go to a clinic to have your ear flushed out. good grief.

Does anyone ever check the date and times posts are made?

Holy shit OP, that sounds like the worst experience ever. It's a good thing you went quick and they got it out before it got worse. I don't even want to think about how it must sound to hear that thing moving around in your ear, ughhh.

Reading this thread me me feel so uncomfortable.

marrec

Banned

Did it sound like a thousand screaming children? Like the gates of hell itself had opened up in your ear and was trying to pull you in?

Cause if so I might have earmites.

Venfayth

Damn, that's freaky. Glad it's out. Guarantee you you'll check your headphones before putting them on for the rest of your life.

The Boat

Whenever that happens, if by any chance you can't go to a doctor and you need to take action swiftly pour something into your ear like olive oil or something. Drown the fuckers.

I told you dude. Good thing you got it out before it started pinching.

Muddimar

Great. Now I'm paranoid. I suddenly feel the need to sleep in a spacesuit.

CTE

We were camping many years back. About 25 years ago now. Anyways, my Mom and I are walking in the woods and suddenly something zips by and my Mom grabs her head. What happened was a moth flew into my Mom's ear somehow.

Started flapping around like crazy beating her ear drum and we run back to the camp site and my step dad pours a bunch of rum in her ear to try and kill it. It worked. We left early and went back to the city to see a doctor ASAP. She got it out of her ear when the doc used super long bent tweezers. It was fucking huge once they got it out.

My Mom is already deaf in that ear from a mumps incident as a child. However, she was told if the ear had been good prior to the moth flying in there she would now be deaf in that ear.

Prez

My Mom is already deaf in that ear from a mumps incident as a child. However, she was told if the ear had been good prior to the moth flying in there she would now be deaf in that ear.

You're kidding right? A moth could damage the ear drum, but that would never result in a big hearing loss, let alone complete deafness.

jersoc

about 10 years ago, i had a moth fly right into my ear.

i freaked the fuck out mostly cause of the noise. it was so god damn loud and annoying as it was clearly struggling to get out. my parents tried to flush it out with water to no avail. we went to the ER. there was someone taking my temp and shit and i was like wtf, there's a god damn moth in my ear making the loudest noise. i don't have a god damn fever.

when i got the dr he just pretty much took a pair of tweezers and yanked it out. he said most people try to flush them out with water and that's bad because it ends up pushing them back. i kind of snickered, but apparently the water was doing jack shit because the bug was dry.

I thought i would go deaf in that ear that night. from the time it happened to when i got it out was probably a good 20-25 mins of loud ass wing flapping.

CTE

You're kidding right? A moth could damage the ear drum, but that would never result in a big hearing loss, let alone complete deafness.

You'd think so, but not what we were told. Doctor said it flew in at such a high speed that it really damaged her ear drum. Doesn't matter anyway she was already deaf in that ear.

It was luck of the draw. Walking in the flight path I guess.

Edit- See above is more what you'd expect from a moth invasion. My Mom's case is not typical I'm sure.

sangreal

suddenly this thread is freaking me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom