• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN Poll:6 out of 10 Trump voters will "never, ever" stop approving of Trump

Boke1879

But like some have said. That's about the same as his approval.

The thing is. He won't lose his base. But he really can't afford to lose GOP support.

traveler

Not Wario
The sooner the uneducated idiots die the better off we will be as a country.

Looking at the marches/attending the counter protests, it's pretty clear there's a good bunch that fall into an age bracket that's nowhere near "dying off", though.

These are the super core 25% of absolute voters. They stuck with George W Bush during the worst. Imagine how much progress we all can make as a country if we somehow find these crazy zealots, round them up and send them to Australia. Free healthcare, free college tuition, highspeed interstate railway, etc.

the210

He cant afford to lose 4 out of 10 of his voters. If you think the polls had a tough time capturing people who were going to turn out last election just wait. I'd like to think we are going to have near record turnout next time from people on the left that never voted before.

I'm pretty surprised there are more women that feel this way than men.

I'm not. Like I said there's still less women in his base and inherently they're more likely to be true believers because they'd have had to agree/be cool with his sexism to buy in in the first place so for them there's nothing to be surprised by because they're already aware and agree

NoRéN;246387042 said:
I live in Los Angeles.

Allow me to tell you what I've had women tell me.

"He has the right idea. Most women don't know what's best for them. A woman's place is in the kitchen? I mean, were those times that bad?"

In liberal Southern California.

You can find 52,000 people in San Fransisco who voted for McCain in 2008. There will always be liberals in conservative areas and converstives in liberal areas. This isn't shocking.

Speely

Banned
Hate-filled extremists probably feel like this is their lightning in a bottle. This is their chance. In lefty libtard fakenews America, they have found their saviour who is standing up for them against all odds.

Kind of crazy that this means that even if he declared WWIII on North Korea, and instituted a draft, there would STILL be a big chunk of people cheering "YEAH!" and happily going off to get fitted for their combat fatigues and issued their rifle.

No, part of it is that these people are either not impacted or benefit from Trump. It's literally all about them.

They start suffering, they'll get angry - IF there is someone else out there to latch onto.

For all their complaints about minorities, they are the leeches. They've been projecting all this time.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm not. Like I said there's still less women in his base and inherently they're more likely to be true believers because they'd have had to agree be cool with his secism to buy in in the first place so for them there's nothing to be surprised by because they're already aware and agree

Yeah, that actually makes sense. They basically had to be in the "wouldn't disapprove of anything he does" boat the day they cast their vote; his male supporters didn't.

sphagnum

Banned
How do women even like this guy he treats women like shit.

I distinctly remember after Pussygate that there was one female Trump acolyte who, when asked about the tape, said something like "What's wrong with that? I like getting groped!"

There s a lot of internalized misogyny out there.

This is an easier position to take when the economey is good. His approval numbers and disapproval numbers being what they are in a good economey are pretty amazing to me, honestly. He would go below Bush if he oversaw a crash like that.

Also there's a huge gender gap in politics, so this shouldn't be surprising. You also don't need them to win an election.

(Also Hillary was right about the deplorable comment IMO)

NoRéN;246387042 said:
I live in Los Angeles.

Allow me to tell you what I've had women tell me.

"He has the right idea. Most women don't know what's best for them. A woman's place is in the kitchen? I mean, were those times that bad?"

In liberal Southern California.

These types of women pisses off my feminist side. So much progress was fought and demanded for us women, and they say demeaning statements like this.

Ok, where are these bitches at, I'm willing to cat fight all of them.

Strike

So reason is most certainly off the table. Seems about right. So how about we stop wasting our time and just focus on people who voted against him or not at all? It's a much larger group and seems to be a better way to invest or time and energy.

jerry113

Banned
So reason is most certainly off the table. Seems about right. So how about we stop wasting our time and just focus on people who voted against him or not at all? It's a much larger group and seems to be a better way to invest or time and energy.

Focus on the +50% of people who just stayed home and didn't vote for anyone at all. Both sides obviously failed to earn their vote.

Snwaters

People will stop supporting him when he's gone. People like this, they like a 'winner', a front runner. When he 'loses', and is gone, a lot of these "never ever stop supporting him" will change to "never ever supported him in the first place". Nixon had a 25% approval rating when he resigned, but good luck finding someone who was willing to admit that they where the last people on that ship.

Fairweather fans
tumblr_nic38f2q2h1u0g61no1_500.jpg

I'm guessing the no matter what is because he's Republican? What if he switched to independant/democratic (I know can't/won't happen).

It's amazing to see so many utterly braindead people.

Its because he's an overt White supremacist/nationalist. The rabid Trump supporter hates conventional GOPers because they (generally) arent running on an explicitly xenophobic and racist platform.

The most they'll get out of the Mitt Romney, Bush or Rubio wing of the GOP is a little bit of red meat about immigration and the usual dog whistles about cracking down on the "entitlement" class.
With Trump, they get an unfiltered racist rhetoric.

TyrantII

Just going to point out, that's 15% of the eligible electorate.

25% eligible voted for him. 26%-27% Clinton, and 48% other / no show.

VariantX

The sooner the uneducated idiots die the better off we will be as a country.

Uneducated people are one of many symptoms of inequality. America was and still is full of it so, they'll always be a significant part of the population especially when the wealth of the top 1% is rocketing into the stratosphere while the costs of living and opportunities to advance are seemingly drying up.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It has little to do with Trump. When he goes away, someone will take his place. This is a new normal in the US. The next one might not become president, because for many this was a "I can afford to give this thing a try" vote and they won't give him another chance in four years, or to someone else like him in eight, but there will be someone else to lead them and grab the media's attention. This isn't going away for a generation.

Even if the US implemented BI, it would probably exacerbate the problem as a population of "I can afford to be stupid" would grow.

Eusis

Well, I suppose what women he didn't already scare off with "grab them by the pussy" WOULD be more willing to put up with any bullshit he could cook up.

III-V

Madness grips these sad sad individuals. They have literally been brainwashed by conspiracy theorists, right wing cable tv and radio. They are, in every way, shape and form deplorable till the bitter end.

The ideals he represents will carry on long after he passes. He's one of the biggest icons of White nationalism right now, thats not going away after his death.

That's a great talking point, and I wouldn't be surprised if they idolize him after his death. No, I'm not joking.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Let the opiate epidemic rage for a few more years and watch the economy start to fail and see if they still support him.

Top Bottom