• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Official Site Update with new screens, artwork and more

KAP151

My god, the spoilers are everywhere on the net.

I am going into GTA lockdown. Been waiting too long for this to ruin it now.

That being said, the music list looks fucking amazing so far.

Im out!

ironcreed

Banned
Sounding like it is becoming a spoiler minefield out there. Time to tread carefully, but I still plan to enjoy some of the OT.

Also you can add
Stevie Nicks- I can't wait and Night Moves - Bob Seger
to the soundtrack listing. This is getting scarily close to my own ITunes library.

rouken

tumblr_lh9nzj16WN1qe9ns0.gif

This is so effed up. I've waited five years for GTA V and to see all this information leak in the form of sound clips and file names is just kinda sad. It's like I'm watching it be disemboweled and people are picking through the entrails.

I feel sad for R* -- I wonder how upset they are over there.

Still can't help myself from clicking.

Papytendo

This is so effed up. I've waited five years for GTA V and to see all this information leak in the form of sound clips and file names is just kinda sad. It's like I'm watching it be disemboweled and people are picking through the entrails.

It was going to happen anyway. Just a matter of time.

Absinthe

If you think this is bad you should probably avoid the GTA threads until launch.

Also, quick clicking man!! You gotta stay strong and avoid those little black bars.

Raiden

Banned
this sounds like the fakest shit ive ever heard

It seriously does. Police visiting does not seem like standard procedure for this. Sounds like a 17 year old trying to act tough.

But then again i dont know this guy his background and if he is reliable.

dreamfall

Goodness, DAT THEME.

I just... CAN'T TAKE IT!

All the slow soundtrack leaks are making me so crazy. Everything just keeps getting better~!

Anyone heard how much of the ocean will be explorable and have content?

The entire ocean will be explorable, there are no blocked off portions. In SP, they've confirmed some pretty huge underwater structures -- one sunk ocean liner / tanker and another large building under water apparently. Word is for GTA Online though it has very little content at launch, it's something they're going to add to over time.

bud23

It seriously does. Police visiting does not seem like standard procedure for this. Sounds like a 17 year old trying to act tough.

But then again i dont know this guy his background and if he is reliable.

Well...

Last year several leaked media spun onto the web which included photos of the box art, manual, the promotional poster and map of the PS2 version of San Andreas. The person who took these photos worked for the Take Two plant and stole a copy of the video game. The leaked copy was then later posted on several warez sites which allowed everyone to download San Andreas weeks before the release on October 26.

The FBI followed the case and then later captured the man known as "Stephen Dottoli". Yesterday, he was sentenced in federal court in Camden, NJ to two years probation. He also will have to serve six months on home confinement and pay a $2,500 fine.

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/09/23/man-sentenced-in-gta-san-andreas-leak/

"Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive Software are aware that an illegally obtained version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and images from the game and manual have been posted to various internet sites. The proper authorities are investigating the theft and are continuing to investigate all possible leads to ensure there is no further dissemination of our creative content. Downloading, possession and distribution of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, including making the game available on the internet, is theft.

We take the theft of our intellectual property very seriously and we are and will continue to diligently and aggressively pursue this matter.

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas/558575p1.html

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The hell with it. I had it pre-ordered at Gamestop, but decided to cancel and just go digital. Pre-order on PSN complete.

I never buy new retail games digitally on PS3 because the prices are always insane for any non Sony game. However assuming digital prices on PS4 are actually reasonable I'll get the digital version of GTA V then. For PS3 I'm sticking with the retail version though.

waypoetic

Banned
Soooooo i hope you PS3 bro's will play the shit out of this game, i know i will - and i want a lot of GTA friends to play with!

Denzar

Holy Shit!

FIDLAR and Ceremony on one of those Radio Stations! Great to see some of my favourite, contemporary bands in GTA!

Drazgul

They try to offer something for convenience and it gets ruined by hackers.That is who I blame, not Sony.

No, they fucked up - Steam preloads never leak early because they're encrypted properly. A lesson for Sony to do the same in the future.

Edit: Ah it's just some of the files, not a playable game.

ironcreed

Banned
No, they fucked up - Steam preloads never leak early because they're encrypted properly. A lesson for Sony to do the same in the future.

Sure, but that is as far as any blame goes. If assholes would not leak files and spoilers, this would not be a problem in the first place. But there ya go.

52252-George-Carlin--This-Is-Why-We-t9bE.jpeg

The game Leaked a few hours ago =/ for PS3, PSN`s fault.

Pre-load is nothing new and R* would have allowed it to be pre-loaded anyway. It's a service which is meant to save you from waiting for the download on launch day. Sadly you can't prevent people from abusing it to dig around inside the files and try to find as many spoiler details in the code as possible.

ironcreed

Banned
It's Sony's fault for allowing it too early. Steam pre-loads go up days before launch, not weeks, for instance.

I doubt it would have made much difference in the case of this game. Leaks still would have happened days before, as opposed to weeks. Blame them for bad encryption or whatever, but I still lay the lion's share on the people who should not be doing this in the first place.

It's Sony's fault for allowing it too early. Steam pre-loads go up days before launch, not weeks, for instance.

It only took 1-2 days for this info to leak anyway, not weeks.

This isn't something Sony would have done without approval from R*/Take-Two anyway - not all games have the pre-load option.

Athreous

No it hasn't... People have access to the pre-load files but that's it. There's no executables that would allow the game to launch.

It did, it`s already in many torrent/ps3 sites and soon it will be playable , like every other game that leaked.

Ardvent

It was bound to happen, if you release the files on an insecure platform it's bound to get into the hands of people who just want the challenge of decrypting it.

I should have my eboot patch ready tonight-ish with the progress I've made

abundant

I doubt it would have made much difference in the case of this game. Leaks still would have happened days before, as opposed to weeks. Blame them for bad encryption or whatever, but I still lay the lion's share on the people who should not be doing this in the first place.
If it wasn't for Sony putting it up too early, people wouldn't have to tread lightly to avoid spoilers for almost a month rather than a week. Yes, the blame should mostly be on the hackers, but Sony should of known better.

Top Bottom