• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
V6CKiW.png

HApD6L.png

- PC (Steam) (N/A)
- Xbox One (8.35 GB)
- PlayStation 4 (8.6 GB)

Mission sizes not included.

QfpFp2.png

PlayStation 4
If you're in SCEE regions (Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania), the game will have a rolling midnight launch, meaning that when it's 00:01 on March 11th in your country, the game will be available.

For SCEA regions, (United States, Canada and Latin America), the game will unlock for everybody at one time: March 11, 00:01 PST​

Xbox One
HITMAN will have a rolling midnight launch, so when the clock hits 00:01 on March 11 in your country, the game will be available - with one exception.
In the US, all players will get access at the same time: March 11, 00:01 EST​

PC via Steam
All PC players will get access to the game at the same time globally, starting on 09:01 PST, March 11.​

LEVEkR.png

There is a world beyond yours, where economics and luxury collide with violence and power. Welcome to the world of assassination, a dangerous place of hidden violence where secret deals and bloody murder decides who holds power.

It is a world where agencies such as the ICA work in the shadows to bring balance to the power struggle.

The world of assassination is an expression of the ongoing game world we have built over the last 15 years at Io-Interactive, since the release of the very first Hitman game. It is the setting for past, present and future Hitman games.

UoFv8H.png

The Full Experience gives you everything in HITMAN. You will have access to all locations, all live content, Contracts Mode and additional game updates.

Upon release players have access to the Intro Pack content - Prologue Mission, the Paris Sanguine Fashion Show, full access to Contracts Mode, Escalation Mode, elusive targets and other live content.

Remaining content will be available as six releases periodically throughout 2016, starting April 2016. As Agent 47, you will perform contract hits on high-profile targets in exotic locations around the world.

Future locations - in April visit Sapienza, Italy and track down a scientist residing in the sunny coastal town. In May, the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh, Morocco. And as the story expands you will travel to Thailand and the USA before concluding in Japan later in 2016.

Elusive Targets

The Contracts that are available for a limited-time are what we call Elusive Targets. An Elusive Target is the closest thing to the Hitman fantasy that we've ever created. These targets will be custom-created characters that are added to existing locations and are only there for a limited time in real-time.

You'll only have one chance to take them down. If they escape, they are gone for good. If you kill them, that's the way that you killed them. There are no do-overs and no second chances. When an Elusive Target leaves the game world (one way or another) they never return.

Each Elusive Target will have a custom briefing video, a backstory and a unique reason for being in that location. When you're actually playing in the location, the Elusive Target will not appear on the map and will not appear in Instinct. In order to find them, you'll need to use clues from the briefing video and a photograph that you will be able to review. You'll need to explore, find your target, learn their patterns and come up with a plan to eliminate them - all whilst playing.

The pressure will be on when you've got the target in your sights. If you miss the shot and chaos breaks loose, you will need to have a plan B, because the save-game is disabled during an Elusive Target. If you kill the wrong person or die when trying to exfiltrate, that's it. Game over, the target escapes.

As the season unfolds, you’ll earn in-game rewards for completing multiple Elusive Target contracts. The rewards are signature suits from previous Hitman games and versions of those suits with gloves. There’s also a version of the signature suit from the new HITMAN with gloves.

We know that Elusive Targets are not going to be easy, they were designed that way.

Escalation Mode

Escalation Mode is something else completely new for HITMAN and was created as a way to regularly provide a fresh challenge to players. You'll need to master the location as well as the gameplay mechanics to complete a hit that will escalate in difficulty by adding new elements.

As an example, the first stage could be to eliminate your target with a sabre. Then, the second stage could be to eliminate your target with a sabre whilst dressed as a waiter and removing any security camera recordings within two minutes. We are able to change where the security cameras are and also add additional ‘security’ measures to the locations, such as laser trip-wire explosives that you’ll need to avoid.

Escalation Mode has a strong focus on having fun with the game mechanics and mixing them up – pretty much anything goes in this mode. It’s more about being playful than realistic. For each Escalation Contract, there are five stages and you're free to replay them as you wish to climb the leaderboards. As with Elusive Targets, the save-game functions are disabled.

All Escalation contracts and Elusive Targets are created by IOI and will be released between the location releases as part of the live content.​

Contracts Mode

On top of those new features, we also have Contracts Mode. You'll know this from Absolution. Play-to-create, mark your own targets, choose how to kill them and compete against your friends. IOI will also pick the best of the bunch and put them in the Featured Contracts list so you've got something fresh to play whenever you load up the game.​

BXM6C5.png

Intro Pack

With the Intro Pack, you’ll get an introduction to the world of HITMAN, with the Prologue and Paris episode. You’ll get full access to Contracts Mode, Escalation Mode, elusive targets and all other live content.

As Agent 47, you perform contract hits on high-profile targets in exotic locations. With the Intro Pack you’ll get an introduction to the world of HITMAN.​

Full Experience

On release players have access to the Intro Pack content - Prologue Mission, the Paris Sanguine Fashion Show, full access to Contracts Mode, Escalation Mode, elusive targets and other live content. Remaining content will be available as six releases periodically throughout 2016, starting April 2016.​

Upgrade Pack

Receive access to all future six episodes, including 5 other locations, by purchasing the HITMAN Upgrade Pack. Content received as part of the Upgrade pack will be released periodically throughout 2016, starting in April.​

Collectors Edition

- HITMAN Digital Game Download (Full Experience)
- 10” Agent 47 "Chessmaster" Statue
- Hardcover 60-page art book, curated by Art Director, Jonathan Rowe
- Agent 47 Iconic red tie and clip set
- Premium Collector's Edition packaging (aka the box)​

Where to buy

North America
The HITMAN Collector's Edition is available from the North American Square Enix Store, priced at $139.99. (PS4, Xbox One and PC)
You can also find it at other selected major retailers.

Europe
The HITMAN Collector's Edition is available for pre-order from the European Square Enix Store, priced at €139.99 / £109.99 or your regional equivalent. (PS4, Xbox One)​

NVYAYB.png

With the Requiem Pack, you will receive special items for use in the game from the beginning, to enhance your performance in the field. (Not known if these will be available after release.)

- Requiem Legacy Suit – don the classic, buttoned ivory white suit as seen in one of the most celebrated levels of Hitman: Blood Money. 

- Blood Money Shirt and Tie – combined with the Requiem Legacy Suit, nothing beats the traditional pinstripe off-white shirt and accompanying crimson red tie. 

- White Rubber Duck Explosive – more than just a distraction, this small but potent device will incinerate those unfortunate enough to interact with it. 

- Silenced ICA-19 Chrome Pistol – the reflective finish on this reliable favourite mirrors its deadly sophistication.

6tLihx.png

PlayStation 4 Exclusive Content

Includes one BONUS CONTRACT – The Director, Part 1 of The Sarajevo Six, 5 other bonus contracts, available via the Hitman Upgrade Pack, will be available periodically throughout 2016, starting April 2016 only on PlayStation 4.​

rzfoGi.png

1cs95M.png

Question: What resolution does this run at for Xbox One and PlayStation 4?

Answer: It runs at 1080p for both platforms.

Question: How about frame-rate? Is it 30 or 60?

Answer: Both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions run between 30-60 frames per second with the option to lock the frame-rate to 30. Dips seem to occur.

PC Requirements

- Minimum:

- Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940 

- Memory: 8 GB RAM 

- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7870 

- DirectX: Version 11

- Recommended:
- OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 / 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or Windows 10 

- Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz / AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz 

- Memory: 8 GB RAM 

- Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770 / AMD GPU Radeon R9 290 

- DirectX: Version 11

CtUnOY.png

AngryCentaurGaming - Jeremy Penter - Buy
Attack of the Fanboy - Bill Hess - 4 / 5 stars
Destructoid - Steven Hansen - 7 / 10.0
Digital Spy - Kirk Mckeand - 4 / 5 stars
Eurogamer - Edwin Evans-Thirlwell - Recommended
Examiner - Steven Ruygrok - 4 / 5 stars
Game Informer - Jeff Marchiafava - 6 / 10.0
GameSpot - Peter Brown - 7 / 10
GameWatcher - Dustin Bailey - 7.5 / 10.0
Gameplanet - Matt Maguire - 6.5 / 10.0
God is a Geek - Chris White - No Verdict
Hardcore Gamer - Adam Beck - 3 / 5.0
IGN - Luke Reilly - 7.9 / 10.0
Metro GameCentral - Unknown - 8 / 10
PCWorld - Hayden Dingman - No Verdict
Pixel Dynamo - Andrew Moore - 8 / 10.0
PlayStation LifeStyle - Paulmichael Contreras - 8.5 / 10.0
PlayStation Universe - Neil Bolt - 8 / 10.0
Polygon - Arthur Gies - 7.5 / 10.0
Push Square - Sam Brooke - 8 / 10
Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Adam Smith - No Verdict
TheSixthAxis - Jim Hargreaves - 8 / 10
USgamer - Bob Mackey - 4.5 / 5 stars
VideoGamer - Steven Burns - 8 / 10
WCCFtech - Mat Growcott - 8 / 10.0

Source: http://opencritic.com/game/1529/hitman

gd2k5S.png

Welcome to the sunny coastal town of Sapienza. Enjoy your visit.

From a luxurious mansion to the medieval church situated by the beach and the cramped alleys littered with stores. Sapienza is a dense location full of challenges and packed with opportunities and stories for the enterprising player to unfold.

And as with all locations within HITMAN, dark secrets and engaging stories are everywhere to be found in charming Sapienza

YBpEGd.png

Square Enix has revealed to release the Full Experience of HITMAN on disc next year, January 2017.

NT8UuY.png

The HITMAN Legacy Cinematic bridges the 20-year gap between the end of the HITMAN Prologue and the Sanguine Fashion Show in Paris. Give it a watch will you.

qQB2Uw.png

noGY2f.png
mO7rtk.png
oxT91X.png
zMkFE7.png

x3V0CD.png
vwGhyk.png
Oaa9hw.png
NQl78H.png

EBgRND.png
6gCBiu.png
Jkm58K.png
3skcrr.png

Mc0HmY.png

Post your best runs or challenging contracts and I'll feature the best here.

Good luck agents.

12029555697567.314.ccf6413912320e99f40d4519fb1988c0.jpg

Yesss, OT live, get hype Hitman Gaf. Excited to start making/playing contracts with you fine folks.

Edit: Claiming the Bottom left avatar. First or second time I've ever bothered to change my avatar on gaf. hyyyyyyype

Huge Hitman fan and was disappointed by Absolution. The beta seemed like a return to form and I cannot wait for tonight.

Oh and great OT! :)

Huge Hitman fan and this game seems like a return to form. Great OT.

The positive performance impressions of the PS4 version meant that I bought the game and it's preloaded and ready to go. Can't wait for the unlock.

Do the disguises actually work this time? Absolution was awful.

Yes, they absolutely do. Some people can spot through your disguise, but it was only a few per disguise and didn't really detract from the disguise system.

Jito

Banned
Eugh unlock already, I stupidly deleted the beta and want to assassinate some dudes now!

Really looking forward to the episodic model for this, seems perfect to let me dive into each level at a time for a month before moving onto the next one.

Beta was boring...

No it wasn't. What were you expecting exactly? Ever played Hitman before?

schlew

I purchased the intro pack, will I be able to buy the new monthly installments separately, or is my only option the Upgrade Pack?

GeeTeeCee

Has anyone who pre-ordered on PSN actually got the Requiem pack yet? I only pre-ordered the Intro pack today, but there was nothing to suggest I missed out on the bonus stuff.

Yes, they absolutely do. Some people can spot through your disguise, but it was only a few per disguise and didn't really detract from the disguise system.

Yeah, I really like how readable they made this, too. The little dot over a guy's head to indicate that he'll be able to detect you sounds like such a little feature but it combined with Blood Money's disguise system marks probably the best disguise system yet.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone who pre-ordered on PSN actually got the Requiem pack yet? I only pre-ordered the Intro pack today, but there was nothing to suggest I missed out on the bonus stuff.

Everything is installed on mine. Maybe check the related items bit?

Nothing about Sarajevo Six, though.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Nice OP. Leaning towards getting on Xbox due to identical performances (aside from the training area front of the ship), but I dunno, those extra missions on PS4 hmmmmmm...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I really like how readable they made this, too. The little dot over a guy's head to indicate that he'll be able to detect you sounds like such a little feature but it combined with Blood Money's disguise system marks probably the best disguise system yet.

Couldn't agree more. It just makes sense, doesn't it?

From my time with the beta, I completely agree. It seems like a lot of the NPC's who could spot disguises were placed in such ways to make the obvious easy escapes not really possible, thus adding another layer to the puzzle design.

Leaving the boat with one of the waiter costumes (I believe) comes to mind. Simple, but quite effective.

Nice! Looking forward to this game for a long time. I had a blast with the beta, and I'll spend a lot of my time coming up with fresh ways of killing people!

Here's hoping they add a hotel level again, one that is reminiscent of the original Hitman and Contracts (loved the haunted section of that hotel).

RavenEffect

Neo Member
I have the collectors edition paid off via pre order, wish the pricetag included a future free copy of the physical disc game that will come out next year. Oh well.

Couldn't agree more. It just makes sense, doesn't it?

From my time with the beta, I completely agree. It seems like a lot of the NPC's who could spot disguises were placed in such ways to make the obvious easy escapes not really possible, thus adding another layer to the puzzle design.

Leaving the boat with one of the waiter costumes (I believe) comes to mind. Simple, but quite effective.

It's a great touch. The thing I like most from what they took from BM over Absolution and expanded it is the way detection works.

Now if you get detected in a disguise it's not immediately fake surrender or guns blazing, the NPC that detects you reacts differently depending on the disguise you're wearing and what you're doing. if you're trespassing in a regular suit, they'll just be like "Hey, you can't be here" and you can leave without consequence, but if you're in like a guard outfit and an enforcer guard detects you, he won't let you go unless you just straight up run away.

ODDI

Great OT sadly I can't get the game just yet but by the time I do there should be a lot of content. :)

Nice! Looking forward to this game for a long time. I had a blast with the beta, and I'll spend a lot of my time coming up with fresh ways of killing people!

Here's hoping they add a hotel level again, one that is reminiscent of the original Hitman and Contracts (loved the haunted section of that hotel).

So long as it's closer to Traditions of the Trade than it is House of Cards, I'm right there with you.

B00TE

Awesome OT.

Preloaded and ready to go with the intro pack on PS4. Tempted to grab the intro pack on PC as well to see if it runs well before I jump for the full pack.

Yes they do! There's only a few people that can actually see through your disguise, and even then they are pretty forgiving.

That is great news. In Absolution, you wear a disguise and be seen through from three miles away, ridiculous.

This is good news.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Is the game always online? I'm watching Jim Sterling playing the game, and he said it has an always online connection.

Top Bottom