• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension multiplayer confirmed [Update: Gameplay Video]

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
When I think about it... Smashing chests instead of opening them could be a decision they made because of the multiplayer....

*sigh*

Good thing that there's no campaign co-op though.

That could be the real reason, but the reason given doesn't sound like complete bullshit at least.

I think I'm glad there isn't campaign co-op, though if it was totally optional and not tied to the fiction (i.e. it could have been Kratos and his second in command adventuring together, but without acknowledging the 2nd player's presence in story scenes), it could have been a fun addition.

Kinyou

That could be the real reason, but the reason given doesn't sound like complete bullshit at least.
Oh, they already explained why they changed it? Must have missed that bit
I think I'm glad there isn't campaign co-op, though if it was totally optional and not tied to the fiction (i.e. it could have been Kratos and his second in command adventuring together, but without acknowledging the 2nd player's presence in story scenes), it could have been a fun addition.
Wouldn't mind that kind of co-op, it's just that recently developers seem to feel the need to always acknowledge the co-op partner story wise and that usually ends up messing with the game's overall story.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Oh, they already explained why they changed it? Must have missed that bit

Wouldn't mind that kind of co-op, it's just that recently developers seem to feel the need to always acknowledge the co-op partner story wise and that usually ends up messing with the game's overall story.

It wasn't an elaborate reason; they just said it's one of the basic assumptions of the GOW gameplay that they re-assessed and decided it was time to change. That was a good enough reason for me because I agreed with the change, though I can see how if you didn't agree, that wouldn't sound like a particularly good reason.

Drencrom

No motion controls for GOWA sadly (or luckily):
https://twitter.com/#!/ToddPapy/status/199546583421947904

Good, as expected.

A move fitness game with Kratos could be pretty sweet though.

Q08KM.jpg

Ricky_R

Good, as expected.

A move fitness game with Kratos could be pretty sweet though.

Q08KM.jpg

Actually, motion control with kratos could be kinda cool. The problem is that you'll need to be in shape for moments like Poseidon and Hades slashings or Hercules face smashing.

Loudninja

This artwork http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30713197/gowa_wp_a_without_logo.png
is the ingame model of Kratos in GOWA, just photoshopped to add those colors and those brushes to get that art feeling, but still it is the ingame model: https://twitter.com/#!/ToddPapy/status/199605836346175488

It may be the most important news for us since it gives us a sneak peak about the single player and its graphics.
Glad you ask that question.

Thats crazy they used an ingame model.

Top Bottom