• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Forest coming to PS4

Eggbok

I was just talking to my friend Mark about this since I can't play this on PC.
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY.

DOWN

Banned
I was so hoping for this. I thought it was too dark for Sony to pursue, but glad it's coming.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Looks really cool. It's on PC, right? How's that version?

Gamezone

Gold Member
Good, but it has to be a LOT better than the early access we have on Steam now. It`s far from done, and it plays like complete shit at the moment.

Overdoziz

Banned
Not sure why they're even talking about this with the PC version still being so buggy and barebones. There's definitely potential, but considering it doesn't look or play anything like the trailer(s) it's a bit weird.

_machine

Not sure why they're even talking about this with the PC version still being so buggy and barebones. There's definitely potential, but considering it doesn't look or play anything like the trailer(s) it's a bit weird.
Well with Unity the work to port the game on PS4 is not nearly as hard as on other engines so they can already commit to making a port and know that they can pull it off with relative ease. Off course the game is still based on Unity 4 and the console support is evolving, but basically it's not that much work to port the game once it's out of early access. As for why they're talking about it now, well it's a lot of publicity and they need it to fund the development.

Rembrandt

Banned
Whoa, this looks pretty good. Hopefully it's not buggy like you guys are talking about.

It's still early access. Last time I played it, they weren't even up to a 1.0 version, iirc. I doubt they'll release it before they have an actual release, but I might be wrong. Definitely coming before DayZ does, though, lol.

Knew it would eventually hit at least one console, can't wait to check it out. Always thought it looked incredible, the footage with the cave looked stunning and creepy.

Not to mention some truly weird and freaky monster designs.

I don't think Sony operates like that. They just look at Steam's best selling games each week and that's their indie strategy.

So I guess that means we can look forward to Valkyria Chronicles coming to a Sony platform in the near future, huh.

Denton

When's it due? Or is this a DayZ situation where we'll hear and never see it again until the final version is released?

It's getting updates like one every 14 days or a month. There is even a god damn countdown until next update right in main menu, and so far they always delivered. This studio doesn't fuck around. Plus it sold so well on PC that they have money for continued development for a long time.

It's getting updates like one every 14 days or a month. There is even a god damn countdown until next update right in main menu, and so far they always delivered. This studio doesn't fuck around. Plus it sold so well on PC that they have money for continued development for a long time.

Glad to hear, I typically avoid Early Access games so I wasn't aware. I only know that DayZ has been in EA for ages and we haven't heard anything about the console versions since.

It's still early access. Last time I played it, they weren't even up to a 1.0 version, iirc. I doubt they'll release it before they have an actual release, but I might be wrong. Definitely coming before DayZ does, though, lol.
PC version is 0.010 (think it should actually be 0.10, since the previous version was 0.09?), and it's been out for more than half a year I think. It's slowly coming together, but it's still very far off I think.

What was weird to me, is that the trailer showed at PSX looked WAY better than what we actually have on PC early access...

edit: maybe the game just looks better when presented as a pretty nice trailer, idk, I haven't actually played much of the latest update after just falling off that rope it showed him climb when i reached the top and died lol.

Never looked at the game before the stream, and now I'm buying it on Steam because as glitchy as it is, it looks like a lot of fun

Owzers

my laptop with integrated graphics can only play very mild games, I don't complain about PS4 getting pc ports, The Forest looks interesting.

Awww, I thought this was a new topic with real info.

Yeah, I expect it's dead. I was really excited for this at first, but I tweeted the devs a couple of times to ask about the PS4 version and they never replied. It might be a good idea to find out how the PC version is first (i.e. how complete it is, whether it still gets updates etc), then perhaps you could gauge whether the console port is anything other than vapourware.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Excellent, this looks right up my alley.

Edit: lol i thought it was odd its said 2014 at the end of the video on the sony text.

I wondet why it has took so long?

Looks really cool. It's on PC, right? How's that version?

Extremely boring, buggy and repetitive. It's still in early access mode and feels a long way off from where it needs to be. I've honestly stopped caring about the game after it was my most anticipated game at one point. This news is surprising to say the least, considering how incomplete it is on PC.

Edit: Holy shit, didn't realize this thread was so old. Still stand by what I said, lol.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I am all in for more games.
But finish the pc version first..

FFS devs 😐

Never mind dumb necro 🤔

iHaunter

Looked like a cool game, kind of tired of this zombie/alien non-sense though.

Could've had a cool survival game w/o that.

Top Bottom