• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Slaythe

Hey guys, I'm looking for a potential caster for a tournament, preferably EU based.

It's urgent, I believe it might be professional ? If anything transportation should be covered by the organizers. I'm sure I can get more details, but if I can get a candidate, that'd be great.

Or if you know any competent person for the job that you could recommend. A good streamer, or somebody with casting experience would be nice, or something that knows the game really well.

Thanks for the help.

Likewise if you could invite me to the discord so I could ask there too, or ask for me, thanks.

ChrisD

I don't think I have the willpower to play this game if Blackbelly Skatepark is in either rotation. QR/SJ is garbage and off-putting enough to get me from ever playing Tower Control already, but if that map is in rotation it's all anyone wears.

And it's all ugly as sin.
Especially the freaking awful Bobble Hat good grief, how do you even play with that monstrosity on your head.

Once Jeff asked, "Nathan, why the hell can't you get out of A+?"

This is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBnJL5-Oe0

I just switched to the Corocoro after that and won straight through to S but holy shit that ending...

Are you sure this isn't C-.
Your team must have save-scummed their way into A+, there's no other explanation for that. >_>

QRSJ isn't that useful on Blackbelly outside of TC though. It's too short. It's, like, the one map where I'd recommend QR Ink Resistance instead if you're not doing TC.

Also, here are some tips on utilizing the SJ part of QRSJ:

-Don't jump to the frontlines every time; look for people to jump to that are in good spots but where you also won't die to a bomb immediately.
-You can SJ any time, not just after dying. Sometimes it's a good idea to go get your special first and *then* SJ in. Other times you'll be doing other shit and then notice you're needed elsewhere and SJ can help with that.
-Don't jump to the frontlines every time; look for people to jump to that are in good spots but where you also won't die to a bomb immediately.
-If your kraken is about to run out and you have SJ it's often better to SJ to a teammate instead of jumping all the way back to base. This applies for escaping in general TBH

That's about it TBH. Can also be called "Things I learned the hard way via SplatGAF."

RiggyRob

Once Jeff asked, "Nathan, why the hell can't you get out of A+?"

This is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBnJL5-Oe0

I just switched to the Corocoro after that and won straight through to S but holy shit that ending...

Yesterday I was so fucking tantalisingly close to S, I could taste it, and I still couldn't get that last win to rank up. And then of course, you start losing 12 points every time and getting 6-8 for wins and it's like - what's the point?

abd

Does anyone else have trouble placing ink strikes on maps?

A few minutes ago I was thinking about a match on Triggerfish and ink strikes. And I was reminded about tonight and other times I have had trouble on Saltspray Rig and Museum. On Saltspray, whenever I try to place it on the zone, it ends up on the T block. And with Museum I get disorientated and can't tell which team's side I am looking at.

Moondrop

Banned
Does anyone else have trouble placing ink strikes on maps?
I've experienced something like this. I've recently fallen into an accidental project of testing builds for every weapon in the game. So I've been using more inkstrikes than usual, and yeah they're not as precise as I'd imagine. I was blaming it on my squishy thumbs.

Not a problem for me. The only thing that ever happens to me, and it is rare, is when I tap the screen to launch an inkstrike and instead of immediately firing one off it simply acknowledges a mere touch on the map -- this is most certainly because my finger tap was actually a small finger drag on the touch screen; the touch screen is very sensitive.

phanphare

Banned
goatbelly skatepark zones
vlfyW7N.jpg

Kudo

Tips and tricks for newcomer?
Just recently bought the first game and got to Level 7, having a blast, don't really understand how anything works though. I ordered some gear through Spyke so I'm now waiting for those, but stores said they have some fresh new stock for me but I didn't see anything new, any ideas?
Thanks.

Doorman

Tips and tricks for newcomer?
Just recently bought the first game and got to Level 7, having a blast, don't really understand how anything works though. I ordered some gear through Spyke so I'm now waiting for those, but stores said they have some fresh new stock for me but I didn't see anything new, any ideas?
Thanks.

Walls don't count toward your percentage in turf war. :D

Shops will restock their gear every day at midnight. Likewise you'll receive one order from Spyke every day. Buying from him can be costly but if you see something with a particular matching of sub-abilities that you'd want, it's worth the shot at it at least.

The main things to keep in mind, IMO, boil down to just learning game and situational awareness. Check on the map when you have a spare moment to do so to see how the fight is going, and be aware of the squids along the top-bar to know when you have a numbers advantage or not. Most of all, have fun! You'll learn more of the ins and outs of particular weapons the more you encounter and the more you unlock yourself.

Kudo

Walls don't count toward your percentage in turf war. :D

Shops will restock their gear every day at midnight. Likewise you'll receive one order from Spyke every day. Buying from him can be costly but if you see something with a particular matching of sub-abilities that you'd want, it's worth the shot at it at least.

The main things to keep in mind, IMO, boil down to just learning game and situational awareness. Check on the map when you have a spare moment to do so to see how the fight is going, and be aware of the squids along the top-bar to know when you have a numbers advantage or not. Most of all, have fun! You'll learn more of the ins and outs of particular weapons the more you encounter and the more you unlock yourself.

Sounds good, thanks!

abd

The only tip I have is, don't forget to use your bombs. They can be your best teammate.
Also, when someone is super jumping in there is a line on the ring that you can use to tell when they will land.
And, don't sweat the meta.

Kudo

The only tip I have is, don't forget to use your bombs. They can be your best teammate.
Also, when someone is super jumping in there is a line on the ring that you can use to tell when they will land.
And, don't sweat the meta.

Loving the sprinkler sub, throw it over some gap you can't jump over to paint some on the other side.
Noticed that ring last night when I got 2 Splats with Charger, didn't really feel the Charger in Splatoon 2 Testfire but starting to warm up to it here.

ChrisD

Started a Splat Zones game, Bluefin Depot. Noticed my E-Liter's hair glowing on the spawn platform. Hung back for a second to confirm my suspicion. Yep, he pulled out a fully-charged shot that literally went all the way across the map and clipped walls. He shot an enemy from their spawn area while standing on our spawn platform. He had infinite Krakens, an auto-charge cheat shot, and could fly or fall into terrain to become invincible.

We lost

I went 0/33
Suck it, cheater.

:^)

I feel bad for my other teammates, but them still trying despite seeing what was happening kind of rids me of most empathy

ChrisD

Uh oh. What rank were you playing in?

S+
for now

Quit for the day after that, not sure if there were/are more more going around or not. I would have got them in my game, knowing my luck lol.

Does anyone know what happened to http://splatoonmaps.github.io/ ? It seems to have stopped updating in December 2016.

Awww, was wondering why this hadn't been posted in such a long time.

Seeing all of the relatively equal colors shows that rotations are actually thought on a bit.
Except for Flounder Heights.
Never forget.

So I went on a vanilla Blaster run on Mall Urchin RM to see if I can maintain my S+ rank, and while I did maintain it, I'm hanging on by a thread haha. It was actually really fun.

Hey guys, thought I'd help a friend out and post this here. If you're interested you can send an email to the address below. Any help is appreciated. If anyone could pm me some names of popular Splatoon streamers I'd appreciate that also. Thanks!

djboo@gmail.com said:
I'm a journalist writing a piece about Splatoon 2 for a bi-annual magazine, and I'm hoping to talk to serious Splatoon players about their thoughts on the forthcoming sequel and its new features.

If interested, please contact at bernardjboo@gmail.com

Splatoon with Spectator Mode, huh?

I don't see how Team Deadbeat can lose. Versus a Zink Mini + Extremely Good sniper = nightmare mode. Nice to see brush users in the early rounds.

There are limits. Only in Private Matches and only 2 spectators. One gets camera control and the other overhead view.

Ah.

Did anyone ever get extreme enough to compile ink-per-second data for each weapon? And then the advanced version of ink-per-second + maximum ground coverage range? So, if you had a Perma Inkbrush versus an Octobrush, the Inkbrush inkling clearly has faster ground running speed that gives it more stage floor to access for inking, but what is its ink-per-second against the Octobrush? While the Octobrush delivers more ink-per-flick does it deliver more ink-per-second against the faster flick fury of the Inkbrush? From my experience in the game, it would seem that if the Octobrush does not engage the Inkbrush then it will noticeably start losing more turf to it. Do pro teams actually calculate potential ink-per-second outputs they would lose in contested (i.e. non-death) scenarios?

Perhaps Splatoon 2 can have a speed runner mode where the goal is to 100% ink a stage.

I've decided to ditch the 100k challenge for every weapon in order to finally max out the Splat Charger by the time Splatoon 2 hits. Now that SplatGAF has gone dormant on Splatoon for the most part, it'll be harder, but I'll manage.

So uh, emergency call out. Who's in charge of GAFHouse this time? I could only confirm recently, but I don't have this coming Friday off, so I won't be able to attend GAFHouse. As it turns out a lot of other folks from splatgaf may also be unable to attend the given time, so is there the possibility for this GAFHouse to be rescheduled?

Kito

GAFHouse VI is cancelled. This is due to an inconvenient start time for some of US splatgaf. Apologies to those who registered!

Top Bottom