• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

scarlet

GpnOIiS.jpg

Second jade druid of the day.

manhack

Not really expecting any new archetypes to jump out at this point, probably just people trying the lesser tier decks.

Would be exciting if some off meta decks can get the spotlight over the next few weeks. We'll see.

Pooya

live report says 20 percent priest across all ranks. Hunter/mage are 2nd most played class at 15 percent.

Warrior is the new hunter so far lol.

manhack

live report says 20 percent priest across all ranks. Hunter/mage are 2nd most played class at 15 percent.

Warrior is the new hunter so far lol.

Current top win-rates are:

Shaman 55%
Hunter 54%
Paladin 53%
Rogue 51%

I guess that is evolve token shaman? It was a decent deck even before the nerfs and didn't rely on Hex.

rahji

Been having a great run with this deck.

Hunters hate me.

I played a similar version with c'thun and some c'thun buff minions. With C'thun you have a second win condition. Hadronox also will be stronger because it will resummon dark arakkoa which are decent bodys. But i made some bad experience with naturalize. I see the potential between Hadronox and naturalize in one turn, but most of the time you cripple yourself with naturalize.

patchday

havent been playing much lately but wondering isn't it a good idea to dust my warleaders while I can get full value? Because now that all the good aggro decks got smashed a bit maybe I can use the dust for other stuff. Idk.... I know I made the mistake of keeping Yogg post-nerf and regreted not refunding him for full dust

(I can always recraft my beloved warleaders)

havent been playing much lately but wondering isn't it a good idea to dust my warleaders while I can get full value? Because now that all the good aggro decks got smashed a bit maybe I can use the dust for other stuff. Idk.... I know I made the mistake of keeping Yogg post-nerf and regreted not refunding him for full dust

(I can always recraft my beloved warleaders)

Always dust. Recraft later if you need to. But always dust.

TankUP

I almost went from rank 10 zero stars to rank 5 with zero losses, but I lost my game at rank 6 full stars.

Can't complain after that win streak but dang that's disappointing to stumble at the finish line.

This game kind of shows the power of keleseth, shadowstep, keleseth. I should have waited on pulling patches to get him as a 3/3 charge and to enable the charge on southsea, but still the power of this keleseth is insane. Turn 5 played a coldlight as a 4/4 with 2x swashburglars as 3/3s. Think about that for a second. 5 mana is normally a 5/6. I played 10/10 worth of stats and drew 4 cards that turn (they drew 2 from coldlight of course).

https://hsreplay.net/replay/C7Q6oB8oM8cZaMNKc7iJqa

IceMarker

Keleseth is such a bullshit card, highroll card like that shouldn't ever exist

To be fair, sacrificing all other two drops means you are either playing aggressively with tons of 1-drops or hero powering turn two.

Why are hunters suddenly a thing? and which deck are they running now?

I'm guessing because Spreading Plague got nerfed, Hunter likes to go wide and that was probably the #1 card that killed them with all the Druids on ladder.

Hunter was played at HCT and in light of pwar and aggro druid nerfs they can actually compete against tempo decks better.

I've been running them over though, with rogue. Cause they run shit like bearshark which gets eaten up by shadowblade. I dunno, maybe my deck is just good against them. Going first is a big deal too. Last game I went second but my opponent missed his first drop. Wasn't good for him. No keleseth this time https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload...rce=hdt&utm_medium=client&utm_campaign=replay

edit:
o lol he tried to get more value off his 1 drop, greedy

Jade druid still seems like a good deck. Haven't had time to play much so far. FWA nerf seems brtual as expected.

Going to dust my warleaders and craft a warlock DK

Hunter is popular bow because Asmodai got rank 1 legend with hunter

that why its BS, if you does draw Keleseth on 2 you highrolling to win

its like barnes on big deck

Drawing your strong legendary on curve is always a form of high rolling. But I just want to point out that I am winning a ton of games having never drawn keleseth at all. Those games I could have played a non-keleseth tempo rogue deck and perhaps perfromed even better because I would have access to eviscerate which is a powerful spell to skip out on in keleseth rogue.

Just played and beat and raza priest without drawing keleseth. https://hsreplay.net/replay/NWichb6QgPiDEgHxQcN3zk

Pooya

yeah, that deck really doesn't need the prince to win. In the games I've played against, it was hardly a factor. Sure it helps but it's not like it adds 10 percent or something like that. The deck doesn't draw cards and the stat gain on most of their minions isn't a huge deal. So maybe they get like 5-6 minions at best with the buff if they play it on turn 2 before the game is over either way. They lose the board it's over. There is no comeback. Pretty sure shadow stepping it is 100 percent wrong and a big misplay that people often make.

yeah, that deck really doesn't need the prince to win. In the games I've played against, it was hardly a factor. Sure it helps but it's not like it adds 10 percent or something like that. The deck doesn't draw cards and the stat gain on most of their minions isn't a huge deal. So maybe they get like 5-6 minions at best with the buff if they play it on turn 2 before the game is over either way. They lose the board it's over. There is no comeback. Pretty sure shadow stepping it is 100 percent wrong and a big misplay that people often make.

I could probably go back and see the amount of times shadowstepping it failed for me. Granted, I am playing a deck different than others. And I haven't always chosen to shadowstep so it is certainly not the right play every time. You often want to keep shadowstep for leeroy or coldlight, at least in my deck. But, I think the times I have used shadowstep on keleseth, I think I have won almost all, if not all, of those games. Just had a game against raza priest where shadowstep was wonderful. 4/5 plague scientists. 7/6 naga corsair. 5/5 si7 agent. They don't have enough answers to that lol. 4/4 coldlight oracle, the dream. 3/3 patches :D https://hsreplay.net/replay/8apxTuado9bGSvFymSErqQ

Pooya

If you have card draw like that it's different. In the elemental aggro deck that is common, there is zero cycle. You need more value out of your shadowsteps I think.

There is just way bigger highroll shit that keleseth tbh. Like raza priest is way more highroll deck than rogue. Like, you draw raza, kazakus, and anduin on your top half, you most likely win regardless of what happens.

ExVicis

Alright, I thought post-nerf it would be Priest-city but it's been non-stop Quest Mage, Quest Mage, Quest Mage. I didn't used to hate Iceblock but now it's really starting to annoy me.

Alright, I thought post-nerf it would be Priest-city but it's been non-stop Quest Mage, Quest Mage, Quest Mage. I didn't used to hate Iceblock but now it's really starting to annoy me.

join the hunt and flare those fools

unfortunately in wild priest is the only class i face on ladder it sux

Tunoku

Thinking about crafting Rexxar just because it seems so much fun. What would a good replacement for Grandmother be? Kinda not into buying that Adventure thingy for one card.

Tunoku

Yeah, it's part of the Karazhan Adventure. Looking at it, you do get quite a lot of stuff by buying it. Is the content in there fun? I found the Lich King stuff to be OK, but not particularly amazing.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The adventures are now and always will be worth the price of admission if you are in the game for more than one class. Also they are some of the most fun thing to do in the game, IMO. Blizzard's production vlaes on those things continue to be amazing. Even the Icecrown thing we got for free was pretty good, I would say the adventures are like that but with more cards and more interesting encounters.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah, it's part of the Karazhan Adventure. Looking at it, you do get quite a lot of stuff by buying it. Is the content in there fun? I found the Lich King stuff to be OK, but not particularly amazing.

It's OK. It has some pretty unique mechanics in some matchups. Much more so than lich king stuff.

Been running into more Hunters lately. Stitched Tracker seems to be really good, and Bearshark+Houndmaster is nasty if you don't have a board.

wiibomb

I'm laughing at myself for even asking this, but the Adventures never go on sale, right?

well, take a good laugh, because no. they never go on sale. not even the wild adventures.

Blizzard is extremely adamant at putting things on sale, the last time I saw a promo was the ungoro pack promotion where they gave 30% in packs. I don't remember any more promos from them

ZeroX03

Banned
The amount of times I get a Priest to 1 health and then they pull some insane bullshit to get back to 20+ life is infuriating. We killed Druid for this?

New dock/slide over plays nicely with iOS11. Doesn't disable Hearthstone anymore. Going into multitasking to control music does though.

as someone who's been playing quest mage I'be been getting absolutely demlished by hunters so far. That matchup is completely unwinnable flare or no flare.

Rogue might be in the most interesting spot it's been in for a long time, because there are several versions of keleseth rogue lists floating around. So far loving my own list. Recently cut black knight for a bonemare, seems like a safe change.

Hycran

Banned
Has highlander priest always run Velen? I'm thinking of crafting Raza to make the deck but I won't have enough blizzard bucks to make Velen. He seems like a good finisher so it definitely seems sub optimal to skip him, just looking for people's thoughts as I need a good priest deck to play with going forward

Grief.exe

Has highlander priest always run Velen? I'm thinking of crafting Raza to make the deck but I won't have enough blizzard bucks to make Velen. He seems like a good finisher so it definitely seems sub optimal to skip him, just looking for people's thoughts as I need a good priest deck to play with going forward

It's optimal, but I don't think it's necessary as there are a lot of end game value cards that could take that slot.

Elise, Lich King, Medivh/MC package, even Obsidian Statue would be decent.

Top Bottom