• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
killing%2Bjoke%2Bbat%2Bsex.gif

What are you talking about?! This was the best part of that movie!

Killing Joke was literally a joke of a DCAU movie. Time I can't get back ;_;

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh hey. I forgot about this place. Hey Zero Eobard, who would in a fight between you and Kara?

Me. Kryptonians are extremely nerfed compared to the comics, speedsters are weaker too but not to the same extent. The Reverse Flash's weakness is hubris, of which I obviously have none. The Legends needed the Spear of Destiny and Black Flash to win.

So Alura has been recast due to Laura Benanti having other commitments and replaced by Erica Durance... Not sure how I feel about that, seems like a waste of a casting.

“Unfortunately Laura, who Greg [Berlanti] and I have worked with for years going back to Eli Stone, was unable to continue in the role due to work commitments in New York,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says. “But we are so blessed that Erica has come aboard to offer her own interpretation of Kara’s mother. We had tremendous success with a former Lois Lane last season with Teri Hatcher. We know Erica will continue the proud tradition of legacy actors joining our shows and creating new and exciting takes on classic DC characters.”
http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/07/supergirl-erica-durance-benanti-recast/

ZeroX03

Banned
I won't stand for Erica Durance haters

Extremely good Lois

Weird pick for Alura though, completely different tone, if this Superman were a little older she'd still be a great Lois

Apt101

So I'm watching this to the side as do some work. I hear the line:

"Megan's blood infusion saved me. But it also poisoned me. I'm turning into a white Martian"
. Turned to see a sincere reaction on Supergirl's face.

Even as a regular viewer the absurdity of the scene made me chuckle. Taken out of context someone hearing that would be like "what in the world are you watching?".

I won't stand for Erica Durance haters

Extremely good Lois

Weird pick for Alura though, completely different tone, if this Superman were a little older she'd still be a great Lois

Who is hating? Just feels like a waste of Erica Durance. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ She and Hatcher are the best live action Lois Lanes.

She could've still worked for this Superman, she's like nine or 10 years older than the actor but he's playing older than his age anyway. So it'd work out. I'd rather see her as Lois again, as weird as that might be.

ZeroX03

Banned
I already posted in DC TV off season that I’ll make it if Skux doesn’t get to it/want it. I’m not invested enough in the show to care too much.

I already posted in DC TV off season that I’ll make it if Skux doesn’t get to it/want it. I’m not invested enough in the show to care too much.

Skux won't be able to do it. If you're not really invested in the show maybe pass it on to someone who is? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom