• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ChileGAF |OT| CTM weon que pulento el thread!

On the phone with my dad right now , outside Valparaiso (Limache). He says still rumbling and rolling, some things falling off shelves. But power and internet on.

I was fighting (mission 31 MGSV spoiler)
Sahelantropus
. Talk about fitting.

We're all right. It wasn't as big as the 2010 one, but holy shit that was long.

Salsa

weird bump. cause im goin to Chile for the third time on the 29th

think im only gonna stay in Santiago but imma try to hit a few places I havent yet

prob gonna go see Pedro Piedra on the 4th. love him

porque hablan en ingles D:

Ecliptor

These SHOA alerts are annoying as fuck haha.

I'm in Viña but not close to the coast so I don't have to worry. The quake felt really long but no terribly strong. The lights didn't even go out.

think im only gonna stay in Santiago but imma try to hit a few places I havent yet

"Los ingleses de latinoamerica" lol

De aquí al 29 va a estar todo bien yo creo. Esta semana habrán sus buenas réplicas.

Goli

No se supone que en las reglas dice que hay que hablar en ingles aun en estas "comunidades" extranjeras?
😱

Lautaro

Not again, fuck you pachamama!

989.png

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I hope all of Chile gaf is okay, for me it was kinda scary but my mom got hysterical. The worst part is the possible tsunamis that could occur, hopefully nothing happens.

Javier

The Earthquake wasn't felt at all here in Angol. My family in Concepción felt it more, but nothing too bad. Only my Grandfather lives in Santiago but we contacted him and he's okay.

Just found this topic, nice to have all of ChileGAF in one thread.

I'm following "Sismología Chile" on Facebook and this is what they're saying about the earthquake:

ANÁLISIS DEL SISMO | El sismo tuvo una ruptura aproximada de unos 50 km de longitud. Alcanzó 8,4 grados en la escala de Magnitud de Momento.
Este tipo de sismo se produjo por subducción de Nazca bajo Sudamericana, liberando tensión acumulada en la zona intraplaca. ¿cuánto durarán las réplicas? De forma prematura, las réplicas podrían extenderse entre 6 a 8 meses.
Alcanzó un peak de VIII grados en la escala de Mercallí. El tipo de movimiento en la astenósfera se logró concluir en oscilatorio finalizando en trepidatorio.

Between 6 and 8 months of aftershocks, DAMN!

ChileGaf, just contacted my dad, hes an ex-navy officer, he's watching the sea in Coquimbo from a high point and the sea is going nuts. Things could get ugly, if any of you is anywhere near the coast of the 4th Region, please evacuate if you havent, stay safe. Even if you're not "very close" to the sea, just do it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
ChileGaf, just contacted my dad, hes an ex-navy officer, he's watching the sea in Coquimbo from a high point and the sea is going nuts. Things could get ugly, if any of you is anywhere near the coast of the 4th Region, please evacuate if you havent, stay safe. Even if you're not "very close" to the sea, just do it.

Damn shit got real, right now i'm seeing in the news that a street near the sea in concon got flooded by the sea.

Posted this in other thread but my partners best friend lives in Coquimbo. We are in the UK by the way. But she hasn't been on Facebook or whats app since half an hour before this quake hit. Anyone know if power lines etc are out in the area? Getting worried but hope its nothing.

Posted this in other thread but my partners best friend lives in Coquimbo. We are in the UK by the way. But she hasn't been on Facebook or whats app since half an hour before this quake hit. Anyone know if power lines etc are out in the area? Getting worried but hope its nothing.

My dad lives in Coquimbo, he told us (my brother and I are from Santiago) that they are mostly without electricity, and they are evacuating. Waves are stricking pretty strong, so they evacuated the whole coast line

I have yet to drink a tasty terremoto this 18. But I'm more in such a lust for empanadas.

Those aftershocks are wierd here on Santiago. We can be a full day without them, and then suddendly we have like 3 in a row lol

Why is Chile GAF so dead? Wake up mother fuckers!

Anyone know anything about declaracion de renta for extranjeros? As a foreigner working in Chile I have no idea what I'm doing. 🌚🐖👀

I know its still early but want to know the process.

Why is Chile GAF so dead? Wake up mother fuckers!

Anyone know anything about declaracion de renta for extranjeros? As a foreigner working in Chile I have no idea what I'm doing. 🌚🐖👀

I know its still early but want to know the process.

What do you need to know about it? SII makes everything super simple, are you on a contract or you are an independent worker?

What do you need to know about it? SII makes everything super simple, are you on a contract or you are an independent worker?
Contract. But I left that place and am starting a new job in three weeks.

It is all done online on SII.cl? Nothing comes in the mail? Because I am at a new address and don't want to miss any documents being mailed to me. I guess I need to get a clave from SII first.

In Canada taxes are a bit more complicated it seems.

Contract. But I left that place and am starting a new job in three weeks.

It is all done online on SII.cl? Nothing comes in the mail? Because I am at a new address and don't want to miss any documents being mailed to me. I guess I need to get a clave from SII first.

In Canada taxes are a bit more complicated it seems.

Taxes for a natural person are easy peasy. Just get a password for sii.cl and when the time comes go to the website and the government will offer you a proposed tax declaration. This assumes 30% of your income as expenses up to a max of around 8mm so you only pay taxes on the remaining 70%.

You can reject this proposal and manually deduct your expenses, I'd recommend just accepting the default.

Top Bottom