• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Nothing like congee hot pot on a cold Toronto night
Vx17HUg.jpg

Rinoa

Lights still flickering, buses won't go north of Rogers/Dufferin. Was in the subway delay but it eventually cleared.

Lights still flickering, buses won't go north of Rogers/Dufferin. Was in the subway delay but it eventually cleared.
Did people push and shove to get on buses for you like they did me at just past five. My pretty peeve times ten. Takes all moi will power to not done back or yell.

krae_man

Kitchener is fine.

We almost never get the bad weather. London/St Thomas is our stunt double and takes all the beatings.

Kitchener is fine.

We almost never get the bad weather. London/St Thomas is our stunt double and takes all the beatings.

Yeah, Guelph is fine, too. Well, as far as I can tell outside my apartment.

And yeah, I feel like anytime I'm travelling it's the London area that takes the hit every time.

They deserve it.
Go Spits, fuck the Knights!

Oh jeez. My lights flickered and I went "Welp, there it goes again."

And then the power just flat out went out for like a second. I'm convinced it did because my PS4 was on stand by with the orange light and it just completely shut off.

Damn you freezing rain

PS: This is at Yonge & Eglinton. Guess the freezing rain is really hitting the city hard.

I'm at yonge and Steele's. Flickered a few times throughout the evening but no outage which is nice since I usually always get hit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is it too much to ask that the North York Civic Centre loses power when I wake up tomorrow morning?

As sacrifice I give Kuro to be given to the blood gods.

Rinoa

Did people push and shove to get on buses for you like they did me at just past five. My pretty peeve times ten. Takes all moi will power to not done back or yell.

I had a skin doc treatment till 8 so I only got to the subway at 8 something. They kept announcing that there will be shuttle buses but I sat my ass down and read my crappy book for 10mins instead of going out there.

Mhee123

Neo Member
Got a few flickers aka Mini Blackouts for a couple of hours, but that soon passed after 9PM. Glad to hear things are fine for most folks here.

Last year I was the few lucky folks that lost power for 4 days with the power outage. It was probably the 2nd most depressing Christmas I had in my life.

We had flickering lights at work for about an hour after a nearby transformer exploded. I was standing at the registers and all of a sudden there was a loud BOOM and there was a momentary, intense flash lighting up all the windows like lightning during a thunderstorm. One customer was just walking into the store and practically jumped out of his shoes. Never seen a transformer explode before, so that was something. Thankfully there was no serious power interruption, and I still had power when I got home.

My power was out from like mid-afternoon to 3AM. Goddamn it teamwinter. I'm officially quitting. I'm cold and hungover and I think my milk is spoiled. THANKS A LOT.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
#rocketmanSubway service suspended on Line 2, Warden to Kennedy, hydro related signal problems at Kennedy Station. Shuttle buses operating.
- Affecti
http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/all_service_alerts.jsp#System+Wide+(3)

Oh and on top of that

#rocketmanSubway service suspended on Line 3 (Scarborough RT) due to signal problems at Kennedy SRT Station. Shuttle buses operating.
- Affecting: Su
http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/all_service_alerts.jsp#System+Wide+(5)

GG fucking TTC. G. Fucking. G.

My lights flickered a few times both at work and at home. If I was in my old building I would have probably had a blackout for 2 to 3 days. We got hit hard last year with several blackouts. I am glad the forced demolition of my building made me move up the street. No blackouts so far this year.

My friend is in a bad spot for blackouts. He tends to have them for up to 5 days when they hit. Last year that happened a couple of times and they go long after the news is reporting on it. He's apparently on some unusual grid that takes a long time to get up and running, whatever that means.

Blackhead

Redarse
Hey what's with all those dating site ads on the ttc featuring a gamer couple?! lol I wish arcades were still a thing, I'd rather take a date out for some play time instead of seeing a movie...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
#rocketmanSubway service suspended on Line 2, Warden to Kennedy, hydro related signal problems at Kennedy Station. Shuttle buses operating.
- Affecti
http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/all_service_alerts.jsp#System+Wide+(3)

Oh and on top of that

#rocketmanSubway service suspended on Line 3 (Scarborough RT) due to signal problems at Kennedy SRT Station. Shuttle buses operating.
- Affecting: Su
http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/all_service_alerts.jsp#System+Wide+(5)

GG fucking TTC. G. Fucking. G.
I heard this on the radio on the way to work this morning and thought of you and laughed.

My friend is in a bad spot for blackouts. He tends to have them for up to 5 days when they hit. Last year that happened a couple of times and they go long after the news is reporting on it. He's apparently on some unusual grid that takes a long time to get up and running, whatever that means.
Probably just not in a heavily populated area so the power lines run through wooded areas or wherever. Pretty sure I was without power for at least 5 days during last years freezing rain and that's in Richmond Hill.

Probably just not in a heavily populated area so the power lines run through wooded areas or wherever. Pretty sure I was without power for at least 5 days during last years freezing rain and that's in Richmond Hill.

He's in Etobicoke, near Bloor and Royal York.

Power can be restored on Bloor and he would still be without power for a couple more days.

zroid

Banned
no flickering here but apparently there was an outage a few blocks away

i did have to drive through freezing rain last night though which was
not
fun

Honest Ed's to become a public market and rental housing (not condos).

I think I'd rather move into the actual Honest Ed's building.

I was waiting for these plans since this is my neighborhood. If they are telling the truth and not pulling a bait and switch, then this is the best I could have realistically hoped for.
I like how they would be leaving most of the Victorian homes on Markham Street and it would turn pedestrian only. Also it shows many smaller businesses instead of a huge Walmart type store.
So *if* those things are true then it seems like a very positive proposal.

I just hope the Annex neighborhood people stay focused on important issues like that instead of worrying about the height of that one building on the corner.

Mupod

Last night during the power outages I was doing my workout in the other apartment building, the people on the treadmills almost fell flat on their faces when the power went out.

Was annoying because it was free loot night in WoW and I missed a couple bosses. Also, the repeated power outages caused my motherboard to freak out and revert to some failsafe settings for my overclocks. I hadn't touched my BIOS in 3 years so I'm not sure if I set everything back to normal, it seemed stable at least.

Willectro

Banned
My lights were flickering earlier, but it stopped. And it just flickered again. :(

Yea, mine flickered occasionally throughout the night - glad I have surge protectors because this can't be good for electronics. Good to see Toronto Hydro is still completely fucking ignorant and have learned nothing in a year. Prices will continue to increase I'm sure.

On another positive note, the issue between Kennedy and Warden seemed to make the subway ride into the downtown (westbound toward bloor) much better. #NoSubway4Scarborough

cbox

Man this morning was a nightmare commute. Traffic lights at 427/dundas were out so it caused a backlog of traffic all the way up to rathburn. Took an hour and a half to get in!

I'm also going to see my first condo today, excited!

It's a new building, anything I should look for? Tips, etc?

Top Bottom