• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most mileage you ever put on a car and what kind of car is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Love

Banned
The most I've ever put on a car was 107k miles on a 2005 Camry. I know it's not much as I've know people put in over 200k :O

I have a 2008 5-series now and I have 88k miles on it. I plan on keeping it until it breaks down so I hope that it'll last over 200k without any MAJOR repairs.

LMFAO at bolded. Not gonna happen. You're gonna have a car worth $5-10k in a few years that costs $3-5k/year just to fix/maintain. E60 5 series = money pit.

2000 BMW 328i - 119k and still going strong. A few minor issues like bulb replacements, window motor breaking, etc but nothing major. Probably will keep driving this car until it absolutely falls apart.

marrec

Banned
I put 130,000 miles on a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant over the course of 7 years, would probably have gotten me another 20-30k miles before having any major issues but it was getting to the point that I was throwing good money after bad to have it repaired so I traded it in a few months ago.

Soul Beat

My old '94 Toyota Camry had a bit over 250,000 miles.

It would have gotten a lot more if some people actually knew how to drive.

IISANDERII

Met a taxi driver on Greece who had 200k, after already been to 999K, pretty insane.
fainting-o.gif

1999 Acura TL (my daily driver) currently has 213,600 miles on it odometer.
Bought it for 6 grand, 5 years ago with 93,000 miles already on it.

233,000 on my 98 Toyota Tacoma and the mechanic suspects I may have a cracked engine block. I'm counting the days till the new Mazda3 sedan comes out.

Coolness

Currently driving a 93 accord that has 318k miles on it. Still runs great though I need to replace the rack and pinion since it is leaking fluid.

zaxor0

family had an '89 honda accord, got it sometime in the early 2000s. We had it right at 400k, maybe over, before we gave it away. Still ran.

lem0n

I bought a Volvo 240 DL 4-speed manual with 589k miles on it. I sold it, running like a champ, with 612k miles.

My current BMW 325 has 102k miles on it.

30,000 miles on my current 2010 Audi A4.

The Camry I drove in High School / Early College may have a tad bit more than that, but I'm not sure anymore. It also had the highest total mileage at 120,000 miles or so.

Dougald

I put 28k miles on my motorcycle, which might not sound much but in this country people seem to view a bike as unsellable once it gets over 20k, stupid Sunday riders. I had an ex-police Honda bike that had only 40k on it, thing was built to go forever.

Never really put too many miles on anything, when I had a car my Ford was up to 70k, would have kept it to over 100k if I still needed 4 wheels. In this country if you take care of your vehicle it'll rust well before the engine goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom