• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Adaren

My Trial of Style groups have overall been very positive. You still have one or two people trying to go for the skimpiest outfit possible but they never win. Last group had a really awesome swashbuckling Rogue outfit on her.

I panicked on the category "Winter Wear" and threw together this.

GEYOkYx.png

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see people's reactions because my internet spontaneously died right after, but when Iogged back in I found a nice 2nd place chest in my bags.

EDIT: Oh god top of the page.

Tarazet

Working on my 9th class mount my mage, still looking what spec is most fun to play and my guess here is frost.

Fire in its current incarnation is very enjoyable and has super AoE, which means it's good on more than just 1-2 target fights like Frost. The old Combustion and Ignite relationship is completely gone. Now Combustion just makes all of your spells crit for a period of time. Together with the new artifact ability your damage is much more consistent than the old streaky Fire.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Working on my 9th class mount my mage, still looking what spec is most fun to play and my guess here is frost.

Fire in its current incarnation is very enjoyable and has super AoE, which means it's good on more than just 1-2 target fights like Frost. The old Combustion and Ignite relationship is completely gone. Now Combustion just makes all of your spells crit for a period of time. Together with the new artifact ability your damage is much more consistent than the old streaky Fire.

I'm currently playing a frost mage near ilvl 900 and I love it, AOE is pretty good too.
With a fully maxed artifact weapon, you get 2 instant Blizzards every time you cast Frost Orb + there is the basic effect of reducing Frost Orb cooldown every time Blizzard hits.

Every time I do the Warden Tower world quests for Honor and I end against a group of 4-5(even those with 5000k health), casting both Frost Orb and instant Blizzard + Ice Lances make all those guys die in less than 3 seconds.

Plus there is the Glacial Spike talent that is almost a guaranteed one shot spell, especially if it crits for 3-4 millions. If not, well it also freeze your target, so just throw an Ice Lance to finish it off lol.

Tarazet

So what is it with Nighthold pugs bringing DPS that can barely use a mouse and keyboard? After a pull on Star Augur where I and another warlock did 55% of the raid's DPS, in a 20 man group, I just quit. There's carrying and then there's completely fucking ridiculous mooching.

Alright so the Trial of Style is by far my favorite of the mini holidays so far, even with the crap tier rewards that look like Vanilla questing sets.

I think they will bring it back but it needs improvement. Obviously you shouldn't be able to group queue up, but I think they should randomize your gender/race when you enter or at least allow you to temporally change that because it would make things more interesting. As Alliance or Horde you are only getting half of the possible racial models as is.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still find it curious they added a sixth slot for tier and chose cloaks instead of feet, which are actual pieces of armor in the specified armor class.

I couldn't wait anymore and opened 4 relinquished bracers on my Rogue.

That was a mistake :(

Needed to build up more bad luck protection.

At least I'll get two more chances in a day from invasion + mission returning. Hopefully I can build up the BLP just right before trying again.

Bisnic

I think I've read before that there was a reduced chance of getting a legendary once you have 2 of those... is that right? Would be kinda shit since my frost mage already has 2, but one of them is for fire spec.

TheYanger

I think I've read before that there was a reduced chance of getting a legendary once you have 2 of those... is that right? Would be kinda shit since my frost mage already has 2, but one of them is for fire spec.

It's a curve based on your number of legendaries afaik, but the first couple are greatly accelerated odds. That said, it's also spec specific. So fire legendaries don't count against frost or vice versa, however cross-spec legendaries count for all specs, so if you get a bad one of those you're fucked.

Have they said anything about updating character animations, outside of spell casting? Some of the running animations in this game are atrocious. Stealth movement also looks like, "I just crapped my pants, which way to the bathroom" movement.

Bisnic

I suppose there is no fast way to unlock additional color for the PVP Artifact? I just unlocked the skin on my mage by getting to Prestige 1, and would really like getting the next color... but Prestige 6??? That's going to take me months.

Also, why does adding certain champions to missions LOWER my success chance? Make no sense...

Nokterian

I suppose there is no fast way to unlock additional color for the PVP Artifact? I just unlocked the skin on my mage by getting to Prestige 1, and would really like getting the next color... but Prestige 6??? That's going to take me months.

Also, why does adding certain champions to missions LOWER my success chance? Make no sense...

You need to equip your followers with items and choose in your order hall talents that increases rate of succes with troops.

My druid followers are all of them ilevel 900 and equipped with the best items i have even the longer missions i'm over 100%.

Could be a a few different things.

You could have a champion that has a conditional bonus (like bonus for missions longer than 8 hours or a bonus for doing a mission without other champions) that gets removed when you add another champion (like one that lowers mission duration). Items matter here, too.

Panthers

Could be a a few different things.

You could have a champion that has a conditional bonus (like bonus for missions longer than 8 hours or a bonus for doing a mission without other champions) that gets removed when you add another champion (like one that lowers mission duration). Items matter here, too.

Exactly. If one champ lowers the time, say, under 8 hours, then it will mess up another champ with an endless flask or something.

Zelias

Banned
Trial of Style is cool but the rewards are lame. There are amazing unused sets/colours out there (I would kill for the blue/black Paladin T12), why are the rewards BC dungeon sets and whatever the hell the Mail set is?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Trial of Style is cool but the rewards are lame. There are amazing unused sets/colours out there (I would kill for the blue/black Paladin T12), why are the rewards BC dungeon sets and whatever the hell the Mail set is?

Eh, the leather one is okay even if is just a recolor of Rogue T1
wowscrnshot_081917_15ojjz6.jpg

Syf

Banned
Weekly chest titanforges aaand it's for the one slot where I've already got a legendary I can't switch out. Good times.

Fjordson

Any locks here play affliction? Dusting off mine and I forgot I had invested a decent amount into the affliction artifact. Wondering if I should bother respeccing or not (just looking to be respectable in heroic difficulty / mythic+).

Weekly chest titanforges aaand it's for the one slot where I've already got a legendary I can't switch out. Good times.
I hate that. Got that on my shaman.

Affliction is good. High single target/multi target damage and good M+ options

Also probably the best spec in the game for world quests. Cant be dazed, tanking pet, tons of life steal, AoE, sustainability.

Fjordson

Affliction is good. High single target/multi target damage and good M+ options

Also probably the best spec in the game for world quests. Cant be dazed, tanking pet, tons of life steal, AoE, sustainability.
Sounds good, thanks.

I guess if you're not pushing hard on Mythic then almost all specs are viable these days, but with the time spent on getting relics / artifact traits I'm a bit more hesitant when deciding on a spec.

Totally forgot about the Crab Shank toy, that is legitimately one of the best, albeit superfluous, things about being a hunter. There's even an exotic crab pet in the Spirit Beast family, so I won't have to stop using it once I fill out my roster/stable of useful pets.

Shahadan

I decided to try the Disc Challenge and see what the fuss was about

Boy that was fun. Managed to get it despite my average ilvl. I should try the Holy one because I expected a healing challenge to begin with, lol

mjlAmcO.jpg

I hate this game sometimes.

My impatience got the better of me though I think. Really shoulda saved all those relinquished bracers till the disruptor went up. (Rogue)

At least there's a decent chance of acquiring another legendary before it goes down if I do my 50 portals every day. This came from one of the last boxes at the end of 50 portals tonight.

erawsd

Man, I had a lot of fun with the pvp world quests at the start of the expac but now these things are such a shit show. They really should be using the pvp templates and ban flying

daedalius

So legion was $30 at target, so I took the plunge. Super weird not starting at the beginning of an xpack, which I've done since BC... but hey, kids.

So I made a DH, which I've basically wanted to play since 2004, and holy shit it's great. The starting area was super fun and I just love how the spec plays; it's not quite a character action game, but it's getting closer!

Just thought I'd share how awesome legion seems so far. I'm sure I'll be in here more often now!

Between getting legion and destiny2 soon... pretty sure I don't need any new games for the rest of the year.

Does anyone know of a documented list of things that add to "bad luck protection" towards legendaries? I'm curious if there's anything I'm not doing that could increase the chance of one dropping.

I know the daily emissary chest, killing a raid boss on any difficulty, mythic dungeons and higher (not sure of heroic) all increase it but is there anything else? And I know they can drop from things like world bosses, Blingtron 6000, and those chests you get from turning in supplies on Broken Shore but I have no idea if they increase that protection.

Looking over all my alts, does anyone think that druid, mage, and/or paladin have must play Legion quest chains, or really solid class fantasy? It wouldn't take long to get any of those classes to level 98-100, but I'm kinda torn on what's next on the list.

Oh, I think frost DK has been the most fun to play. I should have the class mount tonight, but damn, I've had a blast with this spec.

Top Bottom