• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
May the lord bless me fam

IAGdpOK.png
I see your price and raise you:

hV1JBtg.png

killroy87

Glad I got lucky enough to get that glitch this morning. Went over all my orders, knocked a decent chunk off of each. I'm in Vancouver, so saving tax is actually pretty dope. Excited to get Rabbids for 63.99

Saprol

Regretting not getting Nioh on psn sale =|
i was gonna buy horizon during that "days of play" promo and only remembered to do it after it ended on the friday. mistakenly thought it would run as long as the spend $100/$15 back deal

guess i'll play it in a few months :/

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but does this community/thread have a Discord?

It would be useful for time-limited deals and glitches, and allow for faster/off-topic conversation if we had one, IMO.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but does this community/thread have a Discord?

It would be useful for time-limited deals and glitches, and allow for faster/off-topic conversation if we had one, IMO.

A discord would be a great idea! I would love to be a part of that as well, if there is one :)

There's technically a Line group for the AmiiboCanada thread and all the deals pops up there.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Guys, ya’ll really need to get into this proper 4K HDR goodness, it’s so glorious.
My jaw is constantly on the floor for Uncharted 4. Can’t wait for God of War and Spider-man. John Wick Chapter 2 UHD was fucking sublime, so clean and the colours popped right out. The brightness is godlike and the blacks are so inky.

Kyolux

Guys, ya’ll really need to get into this proper 4K HDR goodness, it’s so glorious.
My jaw is constantly on the floor for Uncharted 4. Can’t wait for God of War and Spider-man. John Wick Chapter 2 UHD was fucking sublime, so clean and the colours popped right out. The brightness is godlike and the blacks are so inky.

Missing on the actual 10 bit goodness but yeah, just with the wide color gamut R&C looks so good.

What were you playing on before? It's an awesome 4k pic no doubt but the jump from 1080p has been pretty small. I notice the jump on my 4K Sam far more coming from my ancient 2006 Sharp vs the newer 1080p 2016 Vizio. A big part of the jump is all of us tuning our TV's to more optimal settings for gaming these days (thanks to sites like rtings)

Kyolux

Well now I'm being hyped about getting my switch. What have all of you done to me.

Off topic. I just went to walk alongside the ottawa river on the Québec side. The mosaic 150 thing opening on Friday is some seriously impressive gardening.

Those chinese dragons are seriously impressive work. As is the rest.
more info here for locals unaware.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What were you playing on before? It's an awesome 4k pic no doubt but the jump from 1080p has been pretty small. I notice the jump on my 4K Sam far more coming from my ancient 2006 Sharp vs the newer 1080p 2016 Vizio. A big part of the jump is all of us tuning our TV's to more optimal settings for gaming these days (thanks to sites like rtings)
I was using a 2011 Samsung before, well calibrated, too.
The brightness and colours seem so much more alive, it's a bigger jump than the 1080p one was for me.

Firestorm

Discord would be interesting for help with stock alerts and price errors and such but hopefully people still post them to the thread as it's SIGNIFICANTLY harder to catch a deal a few hours later in a live chat room.

Setting up channels for switch, collectors editions, etc so we can turn specific channel notificiations on for stock alerts would be pretty sweet

zroid

Banned
Man I'm salty af because I had finally amassed over 50000 PC plus points and then they suddenly decided you can't redeem points for gift cards anymore. :<

Setting up channels for switch, collectors editions, etc so we can turn specific channel notificiations on for stock alerts would be pretty sweet
Yeah! Getting a notification on my phone saying SMO amiibos just went up for pre-order would save me a lot of grief.

(seriously, where are they?)

Mimosa97

Man I'm salty af because I had finally amassed over 50000 PC plus points and then they suddenly decided you can't redeem points for gift cards anymore. :<

Yeah it's a new policy but it doesn't change anything for me as I usually shop at provigo (loblaws for you anglos) so I just use my points to buy groceries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom