• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Amiibro

You can wait until later to spend stones on the starter SSR banner, when you're rerolling it's probably better to spend all of your stones on the Omega banner.

Alright cool. Can I get a SSR from the free roll they give you at the start? Thanks for all the answers. Hopefully it's not to late to start playing this game.

I wonder why I don't get 20 stones now though. Three rolls is not going well.

BrunoM

Alright cool. Can I get a SSR from the free roll they give you at the start? Thanks for all the answers. Hopefully it's not to late to start playing this game.

It's not late you can always try and do something many of us (not me im f2p and have the same a account from the second day the game came out lol)

Have re rolled accounts with good ssrs from when dokkan banners came out maybe some one can just give you one ..

Or you can reroll find a few good cards get a hang of it and the game and when one of those banners come around with all the "top" ssrs in it you can rerool

And NO its not late to start at all believe me there's people joining everyday and people troqong away old accounts and restarting due to wanting x card lol

Well welcome lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

The free roll that's part of the tutorial can only ever give you an SR.

Your best bet starting off now is to reroll for Omega Shenron and putting whatever STR you can get your hands on behind him.

One last Broly fight before I can finally Dokkan awaken my PHY Broly... Then I pulled STR Broly :")
I guess that'll be two more runs :")

But seriously, how is that event even feasible without pulling Guldo ? Must be the hardest event because of that silly defense thing.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
One last Broly fight before I can finally Dokkan awaken my PHY Broly... Then I pulled STR Broly :")
I guess that'll be two more runs :")

But seriously, how is that event even feasible without pulling Guldo ? Must be the hardest event because of that silly defense thing.

There are a good amount cards that lower defense greatly on super. You can also just make a team based around the link skill, there's plenty of ways to beat the event.

Arrrammis

Another card that I've been looking at for utility is STR 2nd form Freeza (and eventually the Golden Freeza that he dokkans into). His passive is "Disables enemy guard when ki is 5 or more", and the Dokkan'd card's passive disables enemy guard and reduces def by 50%. Seems pretty insane if you ask me, if RoF ever comes back I'll have to dokkan him and give it a shot.
aKMMbgv.png

the real danger of this Shenron event are the two you fight before Syn, they tear me up every time.

Seriously, they're ridiculous. At least make them vulnerable to the GT link too. This whole thing would be 10x easier if not for those 2 dicks.

e: just cleared it without a stone, although it took many restarts, and all of my items (senzu, dende, usher, yemma). Team I used:

Gogeta
Bee Pan
Drilldo
SS3 GT Goku
Buutenks
AGI Golden Frieza
Omega friend

Very annoying event overall. Double Omega leads would help a ton obvs but man, this thing is not fun at all.

Seriously, they're ridiculous. At least make them vulnerable to the GT link too. This whole thing would be 10x easier if not for those 2 dicks.

e: just cleared it without a stone, although it took many restarts, and all of my items (senzu, dende, usher, yemma). Team I used:

Gogeta
Bee Pan
Drilldo
SS3 GT Goku
Buutenks
AGI Golden Frieza

Very annoying event overall. Double Omega leads would help a ton obvs but man, this thing is not fun at all.

The problem with using Gogeta I've found is that the hp missing hurts too much along with defense. Attacking isn't an issue but surviving.

The problem with using Gogeta I've found is that the hp missing hurts too much along with defense. Attacking isn't an issue but surviving.

Yeah but I need the ki to super. If I'm not supering I'm not doing shit and then I'm just dying but it takes longer. That's the problem, to me, it feels like you really need a good ki baseline for these dokkan events because margin for error without double god leads is very low, and if you're bringing the baba leads you're either gonna super less or swap out an item for a Fruit (which is only good for 6 turns, not a lot in the Omega event). Also I forgot to mention I used an omega friend, in case you thought I was double-Gogeta'ing it.

Kyou

Gogeta
Bee Pan
Drilldo
SS3 GT Goku
Buutenks
AGI Golden Frieza

I'm about half done using: Super Vegito x2, SSGSS Goku, Whis, Mursaki, Baby Vegeta, and GT Gohan. It works well enough but it can still get dicey

I'm doing pretty good on time with all the farming of crap going on. Got my 112 Omega medals, got my 14 Xeno Trunks super strike medals, got PHY Xeno Trunks to SA10, and got 18 Broly medals. Next up, 7 more SS3 Vegeta medals, 12 more Gogeta medals, then farming the damn GT event for the elder kais.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah but I need the ki to super. If I'm not supering I'm not doing shit and then I'm just dying but it takes longer. That's the problem, to me, it feels like you really need a good ki baseline for these dokkan events because margin for error without double god leads is very low, and if you're bringing the baba leads you're either gonna super less or swap out an item for a Fruit (which is only good for 6 turns, not a lot in the Omega event). Also I forgot to mention I used an omega friend, in case you thought I was double-Gogeta'ing it.

Honestly I can't imagine doing any of the Super-difficulty god lead Dokkan events without a double god team. I know the first couple (broly and Vegito?) were out before the meta shifted so heavily in that direction, but I just can't see shit like Buuhan and Omega working without it.

Like, take the 2-dude fight before Syn/Omega for example. Their supers hit neutral units for 60k. Even with my AGI team, if they were both supering in the same turn I would have to quit and restart to use a yemma or usher.

yogloo

Wait, you actually did that grind twice? Congrats on maintaining your sanity.

What team did you use?

It's not hard. It's only time consuming. I came up with a good strategy on how to deal with him painlessly. Takes about 7-10 mins and you barely ever need to restart.

Here's my easy mode lr guide.

Team:
Chilled
Tao
King vegeta
Mecha
King cold
Android 16
Friend chilled (a must)

Here's my main difference with most people. The items. Instead of trying to nuke him with dual chilled. I bring Ki items.
Items: dog president, fruit, dende, senzu.

Deal with lr normally during his first two forms. Most of the time we can kill him off with no senzus. Once in awhile you might need 1.

During his third form, go all out. Two fruit and two dog president will give you 8 kis for 3 round. Make sure everyone supers every single time. It's not hard especially if you grab the Ki tiles before fighting him. After that 3 round. He will either be dead or have almost no Hp left. After your super barrage, his attack will be severely weakened. Even if you can't kill him off in 3 turns, it doesn't matter. He's not a threat anymore. It will be easy to dispose him on the fourth turn.

The great thing about this setup is you can eat lr super and go on with no problem. There are times when lr is spread out and you can only block 1 single attack with int. Leaving the rest vulnerable. But with dual chilled, you will have enough Hp to go on if you start the turn with full Hp no matter who ate the Super in the face. Additionally we also have 4 healing items with this strategy instead of 2 if we are nuking. Normally, you will only need 2. With 2 spares, it's never urgent or a close fight.

I actually never lost a fight against lr with this strategy.

It's not hard. It's only time consuming. I came up with a good strategy on how to deal with him painlessly. Takes about 7-10 mins and you barely ever need to restart.

Here's my easy mode lr guide.

Team:
Chilled
Tao
King vegeta
Mecha
King cold
Android 16
Friend chilled (a must)

Here's my main difference with most people. The items. Instead of trying to nuke him with dual chilled. I bring Ki items.
Items: dog president, fruit, dende, senzu.

Deal with lr normally during his first two forms. Most of the time we can kill him off with no senzus. Once in awhile you might need 1.

During his third form, go all out. Two fruit and two dog president will give you 8 kis for 3 round. Make sure everyone supers every single time. It's not hard especially if you grab the Ki tiles before fighting him. After that 3 round. He will either be dead or have almost no Hp left. After your super barrage, his attack will be severely weakened. Even if you can't kill him off in 3 turns, it doesn't matter. He's not a threat anymore. It will be easy to dispose him on the fourth turn.

The great thing about this setup is you can eat lr super and go on with no problem. There are times when lr is spread out and you can only block 1 single attack with int. Leaving the rest vulnerable. But with dual chilled, you will have enough Hp to go on if you start the turn with full Hp no matter who ate the Super in the face. Additionally we also have 4 healing items with this strategy instead of 2 if we are nuking. Normally, you will only need 2. With 2 spares, it's never urgent or a close fight.

I actually never lost a fight against lr with this strategy.

Damn...I was gonna do
KV
Chilled
MF
KC
Tao
KV

I need 8 more Tao before he's at SA 15 though...any good replacements for Tao? Would Jackie suffice?

Caved and bought stones. Go shit SRs and Rs on the multi. Honestly fuck this game man...

yogloo

The only replacement for tao is trunks but I rate tao higher because of his stun chance. Saves you items and basically a guaranteed win.

Lagamorph

I'm doing pretty good on time with all the farming of crap going on. Got my 112 Omega medals, got my 14 Xeno Trunks super strike medals, got PHY Xeno Trunks to SA10, and got 18 Broly medals. Next up, 7 more SS3 Vegeta medals, 12 more Gogeta medals, then farming the damn GT event for the elder kais.

Wait, you can farm the GT event for Elder Kais?

Wait, you can farm the GT event for Elder Kais?

In a sense, yes. The Hercule badges you get from doing stages can be exchanged in the Baba Treasure shop for Elder Kais, one is 10k the other is 12k. You can also get 1 Elder Kai and 1 Supreme Kai awakening medal with each one costing 5k. Everytime the event comes back any items that you bought get restocked, so lots of us grind our faces now, so we can grind our faces again later.

So since I have the self-control of a toddler, I pulled the GSSR Ape one. Got Tora...I wanted Turles or Bardock, but is Tora good?

Lagamorph

In a sense, yes. The Hercule badges you get from doing stages can be exchanged in the Baba Treasure shop for Elder Kais, one is 10k the other is 12k. You can also get 1 Elder Kai and 1 Supreme Kai awakening medal with each one costing 5k. Everytime the event comes back any items that you bought get restocked, so lots of us grind our faces now, so we can grind our faces again later.

Ahhh, right. Looking at the number of medals needed that's too grindy for my tastes.

So just for the lols, I decided to install the Japanese version and blow all the free Dragon Stones it gives you at the start. After going through them all this is the character box I've ended with,

9NEkgyA.jpg

Got SSJ4 Vegeta and Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black in the same multi-pull, Super Vegito in a single pull and PHY Goku Black as the only SSR in another a multi-pull.
Sooooo.....pretty good?

Got SSJ4 Vegeta and Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black in the same multi-pull, Super Vegito in a single pull and PHY Goku Black as the only SSR in another a multi-pull.
Sooooo.....pretty good?

Super lucky imo. I stuck with an account with SS4 Vegeta but never managed to pull Rose or SV.

wow I just made it past Eis and Nuova using only a yemma and nothing else. Pan came through with the clutch stuns. Last time I had to use 3 health items!

Finished the whole thing having only used 1 senzu, 1 usher, and 1 yemma. Really puts into perspective how easy this would be if Eis and Nuova weren't such dicks.

The Craze

Neo Member
I'm trying to download this game to play on Android and it's giving me nothing but grief. First I was getting "Download failed" errors while acquiring data needed to get past the Mr Satan splash screen. After probably 50 or so attempts I finally managed to get through and play the tutorial only to be booted with the same error when I needed another download to get into the game proper after the tutorial ended. Have tried this one many times hoping to get through but no luck so far. Anybody have tips or experienced this?

I'm trying to download this game to play on Android and it's giving me nothing but grief. First I was getting "Download failed" errors while acquiring data needed to get past the Mr Satan splash screen. After probably 50 or so attempts I finally managed to get through and play the tutorial only to be booted with the same error when I needed another download to get into the game proper after the tutorial ended. Have tried this one many times hoping to get through but no luck so far. Anybody have tips or experienced this?

Weird, are you downloading the official one from the play store? Also, just to check the obvious, do you have enough free space?

yogloo

Try switching from WiFi to mobile or vice versa. It's a bit crap shoot really.

The Craze

Neo Member
Try switching from WiFi to mobile or vice versa. It's a bit crap shoot really.

So is this quite common? Are their servers terrible or is it me? Thinking of skipping it, cool as it may look, as I don't want to go through this rigamarole every time there's an update

Meneses

So is this quite common? Are their servers terrible or is it me? Thinking of skipping it, cool as it may look, as I don't want to go through this rigamarole every time there's an update

I used to have a lot of issues with their updates, had to retry a bunch of times, but it's been working fine for months now.

Might be that initial install that's messed up.

I've never had issues on Global, Japan's servers are shit tho. Maybe this is a temporary issue? I can't say for sure.

e: actually, the servers are kind of slow right now, it took me ages to load baba's shop just now. Could just be a temp issue.

yogloo

I used to have that problem all the time when I started to play but that was a year ago. Recently I haven't encountered it at all.

Done with Omega medals (unless I ever pull the big guy himself), but I can't get an Eis Shenron to drop for the life of me. Guess farming him to SA10 isn't in the cards rn, but I'd settle for 1 drop.

Is Strike Xeno Trunks worth getting on his own merits? He seems alright, but there's plenty to farm rn as-is

Durden77

Man nobody uses Broly as lead. Bow that I finally have mine Dokkaned, I'm having fun building up my PHY team and am looking to add more Brolys, but the never show up on the guest lists.

Man nobody uses Broly as lead. Bow that I finally have mine Dokkaned, I'm having fun building up my PHY team and am looking to add more Brolys, but the never show up on the guest lists.

I have him as lead right now, but I'll be switching between him and Gogeta as needed. As long as I'm trying to get Eis to drop he'll be my lead tho. quote to see my code.

Durden77

I have him as lead right now, but I'll be switching between him and Gogeta as needed. As long as I'm trying to get Eis to drop he'll be my lead tho. quote to see my code.

We're actually already friends! You're one of the 3 or so Brolys that show up for me sometimes. I'm Bawlsaq.

Arrrammis

Did some pulls on the omega banner and finally feel like my box is starting to be "alright".

Would you guys say it's worth it to pull on the giant ape banner to get turles?

Also, if you add someone as a friend, will only those ppl show up as friend picks, or do you still get random people?

I'd say it's probably not worth pulling on the Ape banner since you have almost all of the ape cards, much better to pull on the Omega banner for the chance at Super Gogeta or STR SSj3 Vegeta.

Did some pulls on the omega banner and finally feel like my box is starting to be "alright".

Also, if you add someone as a friend, will only those ppl show up as friend picks, or do you still get random people?

There's always some guests on the bottom of the list. I wouldn't do any more pulls on the ape banner, personally, but it's really up to you. I'd sooner pull on the max AGL banner, if you want AGL cards specifically, or the Omega banner, as others have said. Since you have Omega, pulling Gogeta or SS3 Goku/Vegeta would be really good. And an Omega dupe would not be wasted, with the dupe system coming up.

Tamanon

Banned

I'd keep on the omega banner as there are so many strong cards there.

And once you add friends, you'll still get 5 or 6 randoms at the bottom each time too.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I'd say it's probably not worth pulling on the Ape banner since you have almost all of the ape cards, much better to pull on the Omega banner for the chance at Super Gogeta or STR SSj3 Vegeta.

There's always some guests on the bottom of the list. I wouldn't do any more pulls on the ape banner, personally, but it's really up to you. I'd sooner pull on the max AGL banner, if you want AGL cards specifically, or the Omega banner, as others have said. Since you have Omega, pulling Gogeta or SS3 Goku/Vegeta would be really good. And an Omega dupe would not be wasted, with the dupe system coming up.

I'd keep on the omega banner as there are so many strong cards there.

And once you add friends, you'll still get 5 or 6 randoms at the bottom each time too.

Thanks for the answers, guess I'll try the agl banner a few times and then just pull on the omega banner full time.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Are you guys seriously going to waste orbs on these characters. JP peeps just barely got to 100% with all that free orb stuff.

I just want to undokkan some people to up some SAs.

I also have three Gogetas wasting space in my box right now.

Also the recent gifts in jp I think were enough to fully max a character out if they had full dupes, the WT also gave a ton of orbs as well. I think the wt missions were also enough to max characters.

Tamanon

Banned
I have a dupe Godtenks, Omega, Demigod Golden Frieza, and 2 dupe SSJ3 GT Agi Gokus.

Just waiting on the system now!

Top Bottom