• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex-Psych

It's wild reading these threads and seeing what NA goes through. Just called my local EB Games (Aus) and they have over 100 in stock, and have had stock consistently since launch.

If anyone is legit dying for a console and wants one from Aus i'd be happy to send it to you. As far as i understand they aren't region locked.

Isn't the Switch price over there scalper level?

ReaperXL7

It's pretty crazy to me that Target and Wal mart seem more capable of getting The Switch in their stores then GameStop. It's a small example, but an example nonetheless of why Gamestops business is hurting.

DO NOT buy a switch in Mexico, it goes for $500 dls retail price.

recently amazon.com.mx reduced the price to about $450 but that's as good as it gets

please don't be part of the problem and give them the middle finger like everyone else is doing.

Jesus, that's expensive. Thanks for the warning!

scamander

Banned
Just saw some Switches and yellow joy cons in my local Saturn. They also got a new batch of NES mini controllers and Pokémon Pearl (!) and Diamond (!), lol.

Super small market and probably kind of useless to most of you, but Switch in Greece can be found really really easily. I bought mine during my vacations from one of the local huge retailers (called "Public"). There were at least 40-50 consoles lying around, so it seemed like heaven. Also a bit uncanny, given that I've literally never seen a switch in the UK (besides the ridiculously overpriced ones in CEX). I even got it reduced to 300 euros, as it was on offer.

Something to keep in mind for those of you that are planning a trip to Greece and don't mind adding an extra 330 euros on your vacations budget.

scamander

Banned
Were they sold for 60 Euros as they do online?

Wait, they have sold them online as well? How many copies did they find in their warehouse, lol? :D
And yes, the games cost 60€ in store as well. They know exactly those are long gone, those smart bastards.

ultrazilla

For what it's worth, my local Gamestop said they were getting in a shipment of Switches Tuesday morning. Overhead the clerk tell the customer that when the customer asked if there were any in stock(of course not).

Don't know if this is a "company wide" Nintendo Switch shipment or just individual stores. YMMV.

Shiggy

Wait, they have sold them online as well? How many copies did they find in their warehouse, lol? :D
And yes, the games cost 60€ in store as well. They know exactly those are long gone, those smart bastards.

They were either reprinted or they found new stock. If they somehow did a reprint, that would explain the high price. The games aren't published by Nintendo anymore, but by ak tronic (Software Pyramide). You can find them also online for 60 EUR at Media Saturn.

Are there any shortage in EU at all?

Depending on the country, yes.

J3ffro

I was in my local Target yesterday (in North Phoenix) and checked the supply on a whim. They had four, all grays, in stock. I was definitely tempted to pick one up, but ultimately reason won.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Just went back to Toys R Us...Switch is still here but the neon joycons are gone. Dang.

I'm guessing there was only one on the shelf unless someone bought 'em all.

Probably for the best, I didn't need to be dropping $80 now anyway.

Vena

I also saw a ton of units at Target in this area last night. Neon and gray. They also restocked Zelda and various accessories.

Our target restocked last night too ( think?) but it was small from what I saw, the joycons are already gone today when I swung by to check and the consoles were down to one on the shelves.

Ramzy

Isn't the Switch price over there scalper level?

Yeah just realised that it is pretty expensive over here. Converts to about $366USD.

My bad :[

ndsIRBe.png

Birbo

Does anyone know if I buy one of the GameStop bundles if I can indeed return whatever I don't want for a full refund?

Kohl's is running a promotion for Kohls cash. If you buy their bundle with Zelda and Mario kart, you get 80 bucks in Kohl's cash. And if you sign up for their rewards program, it looks like you get 20 bucks in rewards. If you value Kohl's currency at all, 100 bucks back is not bad at all. Just bear in mind you can only spend the Kohl's cash July 20th-30th. Also, I think the rewards take a while to post to your account.
http://m.kohls.com/product/prd-3010...th-of-the-wild-mario-kart-8-deluxe-bundle.jsp

witness

FINALLY saw and got one here in Orlando today at target thanks to istock this morning. I randomly checked on my phone at work and I jumped from my desk and drove the 15 minutes to the store, luckily they still had 3 left. I ended up going to Best Buy (GCU) after work to get Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms, and a Pro Controller. Tempered glass screen protector is on order from Amazon and will be here on Wednesday. This was all my birthday presents that my wife let me get this year and goddamn do I love this thing so far.

Kohl's is running a promotion for Kohls cash. If you buy their bundle with Zelda and Mario kart, you get 80 bucks in Kohl's cash. And if you sign up for their rewards program, it looks like you get 20 bucks in rewards. If you value Kohl's currency at all, 100 bucks back is not bad at all. Just bear in mind you can only spend the Kohl's cash July 20th-30th. Also, I think the rewards take a while to post to your account.
http://m.kohls.com/product/prd-3010...th-of-the-wild-mario-kart-8-deluxe-bundle.jsp

Wow, that's a good deal.

Also, WTF? When did Kohl's start selling video games?

Yeah just realised that it is pretty expensive over here. Converts to about $366USD.

My bad :[

ndsIRBe.png

A lot of us are waiting for ebay discounts.
Kogan was selling them for AUD $373 delivered which is around USD $294.
That deal lasted for 30 minutes one monday night while I was out having dinner.

mug

In stock on 7/21? A lady at Best Buy said to me that they only put the items on shelves on Sunday mornings.

Broank

I saw them for the first time anywhere at Target yesterday and decided to buy it on a whim (had a $100 gift card to put to use). Girlfriend has been replaying Majora's Mask on 3DS lately and itching to play BOTW. I would have gotten one for Odyssey eventually so what the heck.

The lady in the electronics section told me when they get them it's always been on Monday mornings. Said they had gotten 6 in today, 3 grey and 3 neon. They were all sold already by the time I got there late in the afternoon except for the one neon I got and one grey she said was still in the back.

ReaperXL7

Saw a bunch of reports that GameStop should be getting Switches in between the 17 and the 21st. Really makes me wish I still had friends who worked at GameStop because trying to find a store that has them, and then getting one before they are gone is going to be a pain in the ass.

Sucks even more that I've seen them in stock at a local Target and Wal Mart but I'm stuck with this damn GS gift card.

Graben

Neo Member
I saw 3 in stock at a Target in Illinois. The first time I've seen any in the wild since I bought mine a week before Mario Kart came out.

Ashhong

Still have my brand new Neon Switch for any GAFfer in the SoCal area. At cost of course. Will send it back to Amazon in like 3 weeks

Ramsiege

Just got a Switch at my local GameStop. I was on a call list for when they had some in and got the call before my lunch break. Didn't sound like they got too many, though. Augusta GA here.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Almost seems like this thread might be nearing its end...?

Not until the console is readily available on store shelves to be purchased at a whim.

Of course its anecdotal depending on your region, but I've only seen the system "in the wild" a grand total of twice in the last four months, and each time there was only one on the shelf, in gray.

Besides that we've got stuff like stock of Joycons being hard to come by.

Not until the console is readily available on store shelves to be purchased at a whim.

Of course its anecdotal depending on your region, but I've only seen the system "in the wild" a grand total of twice in the last four months, and each time there was only one on the shelf, in gray.

Besides that we've got stuff like stock of Joycons being hard to come by.

I know. I was saying more in a hopeful way than a realistic way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom