• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is a PS4 Themes thread; Hot Topic

Alebelly

I would like favorites and recommendations.

Mine are:

1. Transistor

2. Journey

3. Firewatch

4. Oxenfree

(if redundant, Samwell Tarly knows where the shit goes)

The Witcher 3 themes have great music. I find it hard to use another one.

There's sooooo much shitty themes out there though. Who buys a static mermaid theme for €2 or something?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Keeps changing between the TLoU outbreak day theme and the Rez Garden of Eden one. Wish I had the FFXII preorder theme, dat music :(

Menitta

The P5 themes are all fantastic. I'm still using the Akechi one because I think that art of him is the best and I like the music that plays.

marmoka

Banned
NeoGAF Blue Theme is the ultimate theme!!

4144befe4ab71881bdc9d299fa0661ccb763c4ca-1106322.jpg

KORNdoggy

i wish themes received updates, some of my favorites have been ruined due to a new icon appearing the default white style next to the custom designed ones that match the theme.

Alebelly

I can't recommend the Transistor Dynamic theme enough, it's dark, sexy and the music is gorgeous/subtle, won't wear you out

I turned off key tones awhile ago, never looked back

I got P5's Ann theme when I pre-ordered the game from amazon.
It has the instrumental version of my favorite track in the game (beneath the mask) and visually it's... quite pleasing.

I'd love a Stein's Gate theme with the game's main song and Kurisu.

The 20th anniversary RE theme is also great. DAT save room music!

I doubt I'd spend money on a theme though.

Themes I've used for extended periods of time in chronological order:

Tearaway
Journey
Final Fantasy VII
I Am Setsuna
Persona 5
Crash N Sane Trilogy
Dragon Quest XI

Drencrom

i wish themes received updates, some of my favorites have been ruined due to a new icon appearing the default white style next to the custom designed ones that match the theme.

That's why I personally only use themes without any custom icons or themes that has custom icons in the default white style.

Godcannon

FF VII Midgar theme, could listen to that music all day.

I used to change themes until this came out. Cannot be beaten.

Honorable mention: NeoGaf Dark, Horizon ZD

99.9% of themes that come with pre-orders are trash. I really wish they would up their game with these.

JoeNut

can't get the neogaf ones in the uk i don't think?

i'm on the horizon one atm. gonna try get the platinum to get the plat theme

When the 20th Anniversary theme came out, that's what I switched to, and I will never change. Same for my Vita. The sounds on the PS4 boot up puts a smile on my face every single time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My theme is an anime girl holding a gun all sexy like.

It's actually the automata mech suit one.

Shahed

I'm a big fan of the I Am Setsuna dark theme. Love the music and background. I've also used the FFXIV Heavensward one as well. I love the art in both of these, and the tracks alongside them are great

As for themes in general, I'm at the point where unless it has custom music playing alongside, I'm not going to use it. I nearly bought a couple of the Valkyria Chronicles themes, but the standard music just out me off

I'm actually quite disappointed with the Stormblood theme! The music is alright even if I'd have probably preffered the one from Kugane instead of Yanxia. But mainly it's the lack of artwork like the Heavensward and A Realm Reborn themes

My personal favorites are:

1. FF7 Midgard theme
2. FF10 Road to Zanarkand theme
3. The Geralt and Ciri Witcher 3 theme
4. Protag theme from Persona 5

Top Bottom