• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thraktor

The recent Itoi/Mother comments. The Monolith Soft teaser. The possibilities!

MUST. NOT. HYPE.

Monolith's game almost certainly isn't Mother. Itoi said he wasn't talking about a new game, and I think Iwata mentioned that Monolith's game would be a new IP, so it's ruled out on two fronts.

Davey Cakes

I'm just excited to hear something about NEW games, especially from Nintendo. After all, I bought a Wii U almost purely for Nintendo games, with everything else as bonuses.

Kyzon

96f.gif

I'm hoping for another animated version of Iwata doing Iwata stuff ala the Lego City bit from a few Directs ago.

Iwata in Chozo armor holding grapes?

Satoru Iwata said:
今回は、通常のダイレクトとは少し趣向を変え、任天堂が今後Wii Uでどのように自社タイトルやサービスを展開していくつもりなのか、ということをお伝えします。

Iwata: "This time, the plan is a bit different from a regular Direct, in that I'll be talking about what kind of Wii U titles and services Nintendo is developing."

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Iwata: "This time, the plan is a bit different from a regular Direct, in that I'll be talking about what kind of Wii U titles and services Nintendo is developing."

Uh, so does this mean we probably won't see any real game reveals, just "so and so is hard at work developing a title we'll reveal in the near future"?

Makonero

what Itoi comments are you guys talking about?...

I don't know anything about that... should I be hyped?. =/

He's been talking about a "Mother (series) revival" on twitter. He also keeps talking about Mother 2 (Earthbound) and talking about how he misses fighting Master Belch, and doing other things in that game. Speculation is that there's either a re-release of the series a la Mother 1 + 2 or a remake of Mother 1/2 in the works. If Nintendo was smart, they'd commission their big RPG guns (Monolith Soft) on a remake of Mother 2, which sold buckets in Japan.

everyone, shhhh... shhhh...

we're probably just getting a june release date for that wario game. calm down. go back to sleep.

if you set expectations at rock bottom, you can get happy when they give you am august pikmin release date too.

What's Brownie Brown been up to?

They just finished Fantasy Life with Level-5 on the 3DS.

What I REALLY want is for them and Grezzo to create a brand-new RPG, collectively they created the Mana series, plus the founder of Grezzo and main creator, also created Chocobo and Moogle, true story!

onilink88

ehhhhhhhh

I really do think they're joking around. I guess some people are looking to land a ridiculous prediction like that guy who said that Bayonetta 2 would be uncancelled and would be a Wii U exclusive. :p

we'll see. it seems most people on this board think it'll be a holiday 2014 release which is a terrible prediction to me because it's way too far away.

I don't think it's a terrible prediction. I just don't see a game as massive as Smash being ready any time in 2013. :/

Anth0ny

we're probably just getting a june release date for that wario game. calm down. go back to sleep.

if you set expectations at rock bottom, you can get happy when they give you am august pikmin release date too.

basically

pikmin 3/wonderful 101 release date would be a megaton. i don't see either happening, though =(

Qurupeke

The Nintendo Direct starts, while billions of fans are watching. A giant flying yoshi appears to the japanese sky and Iwata can be seen sitting on its head. After a backflip, he lands on the ND room, wearing nothing except Mario's trousers. His body makes every woman explode, while yelling "Iwata!. His fabulous hairs shine on the sun. He picks up a cocumber and a mango, and using a mysterious technique, he merges them. The fusion's product is Super Mario Universe. Then, Sakurai appears to announce Kid Icarus: Uprising 2, while a trailer for SSB4 also appears as a hologram. Then Iwata punches the earth and a ton of Wii u exclusives appear, among them a Zelda game, Half Life 3, Shenmue 4, Iwata Brothers U., GTA VI, Xenoblade 2, Mother 4, Metroid Prime 4 and Doneky Kong Country HD Collection. The Nintendo Direct ends with Iwata laughing while he announces PS4 and Xbox 3 as Wii U accessories.

NewFresh

You now damn well that's not how this works.

skypunch

Banned
I think now would be a good opportunity for Nintendo to atleast reveal a small trailer of Monolith's new game so they can start to build some anticipation. (not that there isn't any already, evidently)

Even if they just mention Takahashi, it'd be heaven.

Nintendude712

Neo Member
Ha! I wish!

I wish...

Yeah.. but why would they continue adding/ selling Wii VC games on Wii U if theyre dumping them in Wii mode forever? That would make a lot of people angry, specially Wii U owners who never got the Wii. I dont think "We know you just bought Super Mario Bros through the WiiU's Wii Mode, but if you want it on your GamePad outside the Wii mode you have to pay $5 again" will sit well with anyone. Nintendo can't be that inept..

We should all be expecting some sort of transfer, and if there isnt then we complain until there is.

kizmah

Nintendo in panic-mode. Showing stuff in development as opposed to nearly done and basically ready for launch. In other words...ZELDA!

By service, I hope he means Wii U Virtual Console.

Shortly after the ND was announced.

thanks, a little different does not really sound different at all unless they don't plan to show any video of the titles only a bunch of logos and talk

Service would be far reaching if we look at Xbox and its services

hope VC is the services because going outside of gaming is annoying to see Nintendo focus on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom