• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's crazy to believe this is possible

jorgejjvr

And it is happening soon.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is right around the corner, and I am getting it shipped at my work place, alongside others to play it there Friday.

Discussing with a coworker, it just hit me how I will actually be able to play Mario Kart 8 at work, as I've done with breath of the wild during lunch break - but there's more.

We have about 8 switch owners at work, and getting MK8D. It is crazy than in a matter of days, we will be able to get together at the table, with 8 switches and have a full blown tournament. Just like that with no hassle, or simply challenge anyone on the go by sharing a joy con.

It boggles my mind really. Full blown console Mario Kart 8, at work, playing locally together, and having tournaments, races, battle mode and the like.

It's crazy, I couldn't be more excited.

Friend code:

SW-6188-0130-1440

You got to play on the office's rooftop, so you'll notice another 8 people playing on another nearby office's rooftop, so you can then all have a rooftop party.

Been doing this for the last 2 years. Menagment decided to put 4xPS4 hooked to 4 55" TVs on the floor where our gaming room is and every once in a while we have MK, SF tournaments with my colleagues.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Though I remember playing 8-player MKDS during grade school with one cartridge.

We were in the future the whole time.

JzWFkFS.gif

LordRaptor

People seemed pretty down on Payday 2 when it got announced, but in the scenario you describe - other people also have switches and its a regular lunch time thing - I think you should keep an eye out to see if its a good port, because its a pretty sweet 4 player LAN game

jorgejjvr

People seemed pretty down on Payday 2 when it got announced, but in the scenario you describe - other people also have switches and its a regular lunch time thing - I think you should keep an eye out to see if its a good port, because its a pretty sweet 4 player LAN game
I was one of the odd ones that did not looked down on it, it's in my radar. Never played it when it was originally released.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's not that crazy. What's crazy is the fact that you work with so many Switch owners to begin with. I mean, this isn't something that most people are going to be able to take advantage of; a lot of people are still trying to find one. :p

It's not that crazy. What's crazy is the fact that you work with so many Switch owners to begin with. I mean, this isn't something that most people are going to be able to take advantage of; a lot of people are still trying to find one. :p

Yes, so much this! This is actually the more impressive feat here. LOL

jorgejjvr

It is safe to say there are a lot of nerds where I work, in the best way imaginable. Young and tech savvy people, many gamers.

A lot of people that went to pick it up at midnight or early in the morning. It was actually easy to get one if you were there early on release. Others have been lucky only when something quickly pops up online.

Dremorak

Banned
When I worked in an office we had a wiiu with MK8 and Smash bros. Played MK8 heaps for a few months and then just played smash almost everyday right up until we closed our doors. Good times.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Multiplayer... on a handheld? What will they think of next?

Software company

Very "Googleish", great work environment, beers on Fridays, 1 hour lunch break, no problems or issues bringing your switch to work and such, very employee friendly.
Nice, more companies should think like that. Happy employees can only help.

I have my tablet standing up below my PC monitor and different controllers on my computer desk (alternate between Joy-cons, grip, pro) and have found myself enjoying the brief spurts I can put into games while in my office.

Seik

Banned
I play Lego City with a coworker each lunch times since two weeks, we're almost done with the game! With some versus of Puyo Puyo Tetris's demo before time is up! :D

We got an HDMI to DVI cable from the IT dept to play docked on his CPU's monitor.

jorgejjvr

wow my mind is blown
Imagine the implications anywhere, like at Starbucks.

People gathering around for a quick challenge.

Gets people talking, word of mouth, free marketing

PS: to above comment

This is a game that was previously only playable on a console. I consider the switch a console that can be taken on the go

OSHAN

I remember bringing my Dreamcast into work along with the VGA adapter to play SoulCal. Worked in data entry for this BS call center. Floor manager came over and I was playing and he asked what was going on; I said I am playing some SoulCal. He said cool, and walked off. I thought the job sucked, too. Those were the days.

ViolentP

Imagine the implications anywhere, like at Starbucks.

People gathering around for a quick challenge.

Gets people talking, word of mouth, free marketing

I wish I still had this level of enthusiasm. No part of me believes any of this will be a common occurrence.

I brought my switch to work today and played Tetris with the woman I sit next to during our lunch break. It was really fun.

She had some issues with the tiny joycon... but still, it was awesome to play a game of Tetris with a colleague at lunch.

Top Bottom