• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

Because she's cool, and hasn't fucked around, and the show would be better off in the long run not continuing to dive deep into some boring Issa-Lawrence 'great' love story. I'm already ready to move on.

And what if the creators of the show are intentionally leaving out that Tasha is sleeping with other people?

Lawrence's ass was sleeping on Issa's couch wiping cheeto dust all over the cushions, while Issa was supporting him. I feel there is something to salvage.

platocplx

This slave show they have on in the background just became very meta with HBO announcing Confederates.

Honestly I think it's an ode to all the crappy roles and shows most black people normally are portrayed in. Like before that they had that lock up show.

And what if the creators of the show are intentionally leaving out that Tasha is sleeping with other people?

Lawrence's ass was sleeping on Issa's couch wiping cheeto dust all over the cushions, while Issa was supporting him. I feel there is something to salvage.

Oh, I have no doubt the writers are gonna ultimately push the story down the most predictable of television paths, we all see that coming but what I'm saying is that shit isn't clicking with me. I don't want it salvaged, and if Lawrence was real (and smart) after finally getting his shit together, he wouldn't either.

I have a feeling it might escalate into her saying something in the future
He is going full Uncle at Home with her. I can't see it not forcing her hand. It just disappointed me a bit. There's a certain cowardice about Issa that makes it easy to see why Lawrence Hive is loud and legion.

Oh, I have no doubt the writers are gonna ultimately push the story down the most predictable of television paths, we all see that coming but what I'm saying is that shit isn't clicking with me. I don't want it salvaged, and if Lawrence was real (and smart) after finally getting his shit together, he wouldn't either.

He's still living on a blow up bed at his friend's place. His shit still ain't together.

He's still living on a blow up bed at his friend's place. His shit still ain't together.

You're not wrong there, but like I said, stop fucking around, take that apartment (which was said he was gonna accept, right?, unless that phone call during that small amount of stalking was a bunch of bullshit), and choose the path of least resistance. (until further notice)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD Ratings

Season 1:

Episode 1: 371K
Episode 2: 458K
Episode 3: 469K
Episode 4: 348K
Episode 5: 329K
Episode 6: 388K
Episode 7: 382K
Episode 8: 565K

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.1 million
Episode 2: 1.3 million
Episode 3: 1.2 million
Episode 4: 1.3 million
Episode 5: 1.3 million
Episode 6: 1.3 million
Episode 7: 788K

Neece

L+SD Ratings

Season 1:

Episode 1: 371K
Episode 2: 458K
Episode 3: 469K
Episode 4: 348K
Episode 5: 329K
Episode 6: 388K
Episode 7: 382K
Episode 8: 565K

Season 2:

Episode 1: 1.1 million
Episode 2: 1.3 million

Hell yes!

I wonder how much it helps that it follows Game of Thrones and Ballers.

Seesaw15

Correct me if I'm wrong but for the two years that Lawrence was on the couch he was using his savings/cashing unemployment checks. I don't think Issa was financially supporting him.

TqC7WLk.png
she should've kept the weight.

norinrad

Lawrence is too slow lol.

I also think we all misjudged Tasha in season one, she comes off a good girl. I like her compared to Issa's crazy friends.

royalan

Lawrence is too slow lol.

I also think we all misjudged Tasha in season one, she comes off a good girl. I like her compared to Issa's crazy friends.

Uh uh.

Lawrence may be on some shit but Tasha's hands ain't clean, either. Fuck the good girl act now, she was throwing it at Lawrence all last season knowing FULL WELL that he had a girl. Just stank.

What makes her even dumber is that she caught feelings on a dude while he was with someone else and then KEPT those feelings even when it was clear that she was his rebound. I thought Tasha was at least smart enough to only want Lawrence for the dick potential. But she cuddling him on the couch watching soaps in the daytime and shit? Nope, when shit goes South she'll have nobody to blame but herself.

Correct me if I'm wrong but for the two years that Lawrence was on the couch he was using his savings/cashing unemployment checks. I don't think Issa was financially supporting him.

Issa was paying the rent while he was cashing said savings/unemployment checks
....with his broke ass

Sunster

ok so does anyone else wonder why Lawrence (who is ripped) looks skinny in most shots? Like is it because he has a big head? or big clothes?

5taquitos

My wife asked me if the reason we subconsciously weren't watching is because the lead is a black female.

I had to stop and ask myself if that was actually the case.

We'll be starting it this weekend.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Hella Open

Issa's sexual frustration prompts her to reassess her dating outlook; Molly meets a potential beau on a girls' night out; Lawrence's new work friends test his commitment.

Galang

Banned
Issa's awkward hookup moments have happened to me so many times. Not remembering where the exit was and the whole slim fit jeans being hard to come off. Been there. Love how the show gets all the little details, it has a very real feeling

Also yes at Tasha exposing Lawrence

Socivol

Issa's awkward hookup moments have happened to me so many times. Not remembering where the exit was and the whole slim fit jeans being hard to come off. Been there. Love how the show gets all the little details, it has a very real feeling

Also yes at Tasha exposing Lawrence

I've experience going for what should be a hook up and awkwardly leaving without doing anything. Even the laughing part I've experienced this show is a bit to realistic. I also hate Molly she is the type of person that deserves to be alone and miserable. Tasha telling Lawrence that he wasn't shit was really great and he needed to hear that.

zelas

Man, where they brought Lawrence this week compared to last week is kind of crazy. I know some thought he was always a fuck nigga but still, going from kind of caring about not hurting Tasha to pretty much saying "I'm done with you" just days later seems to go against the grey area character he had been. Right now there's no reason to feel sympathetic towards him. Unless they're setting him up to get burned I don't know what his purpose is on the show anymore (hyperbole).

Lawrence at least could have ate a burger, played a few hands of spades before leaving like that. I can't see Tasha messing with him anymore.

Issa's neighbor getting high and watching Gossip Girl was great.

She has to remember to open up a window when painting next time though.

Sunster

Lawrence at least could have ate a burger, played a few hands of spades before leaving like that. I can't see Tasha messing with him anymore.

Issa's neighbor getting high and watching Gossip Girl was great.

She has to remember to open up a window when painting next time though.

and to not put acrylic paint into a kitchen sink!

Neece

I liked how they threw a humorous but spoken consent line in there along with him handling the rejection without a problem.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
everyone still #teamlawrence?

I'm on the fence. I'm not mad at him, but stuff like leaving the BBQ is iffy. Everything Tasha said on the phone was right. Lawrence isn't malicious, but he didn't want anything serious and played like he did.

I just want Lawrence to get a white girl next because I need to see twitter burn 😈. Other than that, Lawrence is still the best character on the show.

Do anyone know why Issa is so beautiful? Like I can't put my finger on it

Top Bottom