• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

I just want Lawrence to get a white girl next because I need to see twitter burn 😈. Other than that, Lawrence is still the best character on the show.

Do anyone know why Issa is so beautiful? Like I can't put my finger on it

The best character on the show is Kelli, excuse you!

And Issa is just.. sigh 😍

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I just want Lawrence to get a white girl next because I need to see twitter burn 😈. Other than that, Lawrence is still the best character on the show.

Do anyone know why Issa is so beautiful? Like I can't put my finger on it

If Lawrence even breathes on a White woman Twitter will crash.

Issa has really nice teeth. Good smile is a must.

Samara

Ugh Molly is dumb, dumb, dumb. She should hook up with Lawrence.

I'm pretty sure they will because what's the point of him being the focus in the show?

Oh right, his stroke game....

Socivol

Ugh Molly is dumb, dumb, dumb. She should hook up with Lawrence.

I'm pretty sure they will because what's the point of him being the focus in the show?

Oh right, his stroke game....

I think Molly is the worst character on the show.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Molly is...confused. I think she's about to go through a breakdown. She'll hit a wall at work, drop therapy, and then fuck up this thing with a good dude. It's a car crash in slow motion

norinrad

Molly is...confused. I think she's about to go through a breakdown. She'll hit a wall at work, drop therapy, and then fuck up this thing with a good dude. It's a car crash in slow motion

All self inflicted unfortunately. Wouldn't sleep with a guy because he got his dick sucked in the past by another guy. Waiting for Mr Cool, who is not coming.

She got him with the truth.

But Tasha is still boring and her entire family is still wack.

I woulda bounced too.

Tasha is your girl nextdoor type. They often come off as boring but trustworthy and loyal as hell.

royalan

Oh you one of them rule-followin-ass niggas huh?

Between this and Atlanta, I love seeing so much authentic Urban Black on TV....

Lawrence is still trash and #TeamLawrence is still confused.

Issa is a hot ass mess when it comes to random sex, and meeting dudes...and gurlllll Luke James is right there....he was so fine in this episode, she should have faked normal till orgasm. I loved the scene with her neighbor, it was adorable.

Molly is an extreme mess and actively ruining her love life...
she is me
...but at the very least, something may be happening with the tall dude from the bakery? I guess...so she can be equally an extreme mess with someone in a relationship.

What did Molly do?

She always finds a reason to not like a dude who genuinely likes her and is a good human being (not anything like that trash ass Lawrence), but then ditches said dude (for [INSERT] reasons) and says stuff that essentially boils down to: "why can't I find a man?!?"

royalan

She always finds a reason to not like a dude who genuinely likes her and is a good human being (not anything like that trash ass Lawrence), but then ditches said dude (for [INSERT] reasons) and says stuff that essentially boils down to: "why can't I find a man?!?"

For real...

I seriously thought Sterling K Brown might be the one, because I've had a crush on THAT dude since Army Wives.

It was actually a little uncomfortable seeing Molly fall into her usual self dating wise so COMPLETELY. Because I see a lot of myself in her
and my own penchant for self-sabotage...god where's the wine...
. Like, she clearly hasn't learned a thing...

ZeroFate

As much as I am #teamissa... flute-playing twerking thots would have also been my queue to bounce. I don't blame Lawrence at all for leaving when he did. Tasha told no lies though.

everyone still #teamlawrence?

#lawrencehive till the casket drops.

Lukmo76.jpg

For real...

I seriously thought Sterling K Brown might be the one, because I've had a crush on THAT dude since Army Wives.

It was actually a little uncomfortable seeing Molly fall into her usual self dating wise so COMPLETELY. Because I see a lot of myself in her
and my own penchant for self-sabotage...god where's the wine...
. Like, she clearly hasn't learned a thing...

Ugh I am Molly.

Also Sterling K. Brown was looking amazing in this and his voice is still perfect....AND he had tickets to a SZA concert. Molly is trippin.

But at the very least, unlike myself, Molly was kinda seeking help for her oddities. And is genuinely an interesting human being, she just needs to accept that decent men can be interested in her and to learn to "let people in" if she truly wants a long term relationship.

Lawrence is still trash and #TeamLawrence is still confused.

Issa is a hot ass mess when it comes to random sex, and meeting dudes...and gurlllll Luke James is right there....he was so fine in this episode, she should have faked normal till orgasm. I loved the scene with her neighbor, it was adorable.

Molly is an extreme mess and actively ruining her love life...
she is me
...but at the very least, something may be happening with the tall dude from the bakery? I guess...so she can be equally an extreme mess with someone in a relationship.

Your perspective on Lawrence and Issa is interesting. What makes Lawrence trash and not Issa?

Your perspective on Lawrence and Issa is interesting. What makes Lawrence trash and not Issa?

His actions. Issa was genuinely unhappy when Lawrence was basically camping in her apartment and he forgot her birthday, etc. That is going to lead to the possibility of Issa looking for love elsewhere. We saw Issa regret her decision to sleep with Daniel (I think that's his name?), but Lawrence's response to finding out was trash. He led Issa to believe that they were going to reconcile and instead he goes and fucks Tasha and empties out Issa's closet (basically ruining her girls weekend). Then he goes on to play mind games with Tasha who genuinely liked him for who he was, a broke ass ashy dude who burns hot pockets at 1pm on a weekday....no one should be #TeamLawrence, especially if you have a mother, a sister, a good friend who's a woman, a daughter, etc. cuz you would not want no man treating any woman like the Lawrence has been acting from the season 1 finale up until now.

royalan

I DO think that Lawrence is a good dude at the end of the day.

But he does have a lot of growing up to do. Same is true for Issa, only difference is Issa's been having to confront how she ain't shit. Lawrence really hasn't had his moment where he's confronted the fact that he ain't just some hurt nigga in all this. Fucking around with Issa after he left was wrong, just like leading Tasha on was wrong.

I DO think that Lawrence is a good dude at the end of the day.

But he does have a lot of growing up to do. Same is true for Issa, only difference is Issa's been having to confront how she ain't shit. Lawrence really hasn't had his moment where's confronted the fact that he ain't just some hurt nigga in all this. Fucking around with Issa after he left was wrong, just like leading Tasha on was wrong.

I feel like Issa is redeemable since she's just technically weird, however, Lawrence is just gonna continue to realize he's tall with a nice smile and swagger, so he's just gonna continue being a fuckboy until he can no longer afford to do so....and he's already broke so
I'm really referring to moral bankruptcy..

His actions. Issa was genuinely unhappy when Lawrence was basically camping in her apartment and he forgot her birthday, etc. That is going to lead to the possibility of Issa looking for love elsewhere. We saw Issa regret her decision to sleep with Daniel (I think that's his name?), but Lawrence's response to finding out was trash. He led Issa to believe that they were going to reconcile and instead he goes and fucks Tasha and empties out Issa's closet (basically ruining her girls weekend). Then he goes on to play mind games with Tasha who genuinely liked him for who he was, a broke ass ashy dude who burns hot pockets at 1pm on a weekday....no one should be #TeamLawrence, especially if you have a mother, a sister, a good friend who's a woman, a daughter, etc. cuz you would not want no man treating any woman like the Lawrence has been acting from the season 1 finale up until now.

She cheated on him so I honestly don't care how he made Issa feel. She's trashy, and has continued to be trashy this season. Tasha I can see, but at the same time she knew he was fresh out of a long term relationship and wasn't looking for anything serious. She says she didn't expect anything, but pushed him to come to a family outing which would make things official. Dude ain't broke, he has a good job now. Don't know where you got that from.

Ovid

Binge watched this show over the weekend and I love it.

Reminds me of the Girls but this is actually funny and relatable.

She cheated on him so I honestly don't care how he made Issa feel. She's trashy, and has continued to be trashy this season. Tasha I can see, but at the same time she knew he was fresh out of a long term relationship and wasn't looking for anything serious. She says she didn't expect anything, but pushed him to come to a family outing which would make things official. Dude ain't broke, he has a good job now. Don't know where you got that from.

He's sleeping on his friends couch...broke.

She's trashy for straying from a dude who couldn't even be bothered to remember her birthday? And was camping out on her couch that she paid to upkeep.....I don't agree.

Also he led Tasha to believe that it was more than a fling. Lawrence still ain't shit...and now he's spreading his not shitness throughout all of LA.

She's trashy for straying from a dude who couldn't even be bothered to remember her birthday? And was camping out on her couch that she paid to upkeep.....I don't agree.

Also he led Tasha to believe that it was more than a fling. Lawrence still ain't shit...and now he's spreading his not shitness throughout all of LA.
Yes, that makes her trashy. No sympathy for cheaters. She should have left if she wasn't happy. She let him know she wasn't feeling how he was living and he went out and changed himself for the better. We are also glossing over Issa's diet racism with her job. I don't get the vitriol for Lawrence that you have. He was actively job searching and didn't want a shit job. It's understandable. Staying with a friend after a spur of the moment breakup is also understandable. Can't get an apt/house overnight.

I see where you are coming from, but you aren't holding Issa to these same standards. She cheated and you are just like oh well, Lawrence doesn't want anything serious with Tasha and you are like he just fuckboy.

Yes, that makes her trashy. No sympathy for cheaters. She should have left if she wasn't happy. She let him know she wasn't feeling how he was living and he went out and changed himself for the better. We are also glossing over Issa's diet racism with her job. I don't get the vitriol for Lawrence that you have. He was actively job searching and didn't want a shit job. It's understandable. Staying with a friend after a spur of the moment breakup is also understandable. Can't get an apt/house overnight.

I see where you are coming from, but you aren't holding Issa to these same standards. She cheated and you are just like oh well, Lawrence doesn't want anything serious with Tasha and you are like he just fuckboy.

It's not realistic to expect everyone's reaction to being unhappy (and cheating) to just leave the relationship. He has been at his friend's house for months...Unlike Lawrence and his fuckboy decisions, I feel Issa's decisions with the school are going to have repercussions later on in the season.

Issa isn't trash or trashy. She's just awkward. Lawrence is most definitely a fuckboy and the fuckboy gates have been unleashed, if his character were a real person his IG bio would be nothing but plane emojis...

norinrad

He's not spreading anything. Tasha was obviously too quick, he should have waited and stayed friends with Tasha, they both moved too quickly. Lawrence is now in a different environment, and will be meeting all sorts of people. He will probably mature from there and will fuck around for a while. That waitress is next.

Btw ep2 is still my favorite so far. Kelli is awesome and that dancing scene LOL

LionPride

Banned
I can't wait until this show makes every black male on Twitter feel like the most ain't shit fuck nigga on the planet

It's coming

I can feel it

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Was the real estate agent (or whatever it's called for apartments) the same woman from Awkward Black Girl who always had the tissues? 😂😂😂

I love this show. The music. The vibe. The reality of it all. Unf. Best show rn.

He's not spreading anything. Tasha was obviously too quick, he should have waited and stayed friends with Tasha, they both moved too quickly. Lawrence is now in a different environment, and will be meeting all sorts of people. He will probably mature from there and will fuck around for a while. That waitress is next.

Btw ep2 is still my favorite so far. Kelli is awesome and that dancing scene LOL

Lawrence's "broke ass" just got a super nice condo.. what is you saying?

Blinded by irrational hate.

Not irrational.

Lawrence is sexy and is also a fuckboy who has displayed fuckboy traits.

I hope the writers find a way to redeem him and give Lawrence, Tasha and Issa "romantic closure." .......But this show was just renewed for season 3 and HBO don't have time for all of that

Blackhead

Redarse
Lawrence's "broke ass" just got a super nice condo.. what is you saying?

Blinded by irrational hate.
You think Lawrence would be in a super nice condo right now instead of eating struggle ramen in some garage if Issa hadn't pushed him to take the BestBuy then corporate job? This dude was still dreaming of startup app before Issa set his head straight and pushed him to get back out there.

Infinite

Yeah at this point Lawrence is in some reliving my high school quarterback days shit of fuck niggadry.

Binged all of this show today. I put the first episode on just to have on while I did other stuff, but that other stuff never happened because I got totally absorbed into the show. I only started watching it because the thumbnail for it on HBOnow is super cute (because it's just Issa); I am so glad I did.

I was team Issa and team Lawrence until the last episode. That was a huge asshole move Lawrence pulled with her family there. He needs to figure out what he wants and go for it, and not string people along. At least Issa knows what she wants now... She's just real bad at it.

Molly though? Sterling K Brown has to be coming back. No way that's the end of him and her.

Sidenote: I love how they show LA. It feels true to where I live.

Ivan 3414

I can't wait until this show makes every black male on Twitter feel like the most ain't shit fuck nigga on the planet

It's coming

I can feel it

Real-life Issa has said in several interviews how it was important for her to show a realistic portrayal of a woman willingly cheating in a relationship. '

It's wishful thinking on your part if you think this is going to be "Men Are Trash: The Series". If black men are going to get bashed in this show, pretty sure black women will be dragged right with them.

royalan

Put your doubts to the side, get his ass in the bed
Even if it's whack you can still get some head!

Go for it, go for it, GO
Hoe for it, hoe for it, HOE

DO YOU WANT THAT DICK OR NO!?

You better go for it, go for it, Hoe

Issa deserved everything she got.

She jerked Lawrence around when she was debating whether or not to leave him because she was dissatisfied, and entertained the idea of cheating (then went through with it) even when Lawrence pulled himself out of his funk to save their relationship.

If she was so innocent, why couldn't she say anything to Lawrence when he showed up at the crib? She knew she fucked up. Lawrence threw her a fuck because yeah he still loves her, why should he be condemned for that? Especially since Issa clearly wanted it too.

Anyway, Molly reminds me so much of Toni from Girlfriends.

LionPride

Banned
Real-life Issa has said in several interviews how it was important for her to show a realistic portrayal of a woman willingly cheating in a relationship. '

It's wishful thinking on your part if you think this is going to be "Men Are Trash: The Series". If black men are going to get bashed in this show, pretty sure black women will be dragged right with them.
You obviously haven't paid attention to Black Twitter while this show is on

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Hella LA

Issa's newfound confidence is shaken at a day party; Molly has an eventful reunion with a childhood friend; Lawrence's trip to the grocery store turns into a wild and crazy night.

Top Bottom